Author Topic: Survivor: One World  (Read 5767 times)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor: One World
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 10:01:44 am »
Regarding the finale in general:

It wasn't a big surprise that Kim won. She played a masterful social game and did really well in the challenges. She really did deserve it.

I do think it's interesting, though, that she misjudged which of the two, Sabrina or Chelsea, was her actual competition in the final tribal. Chelsea didn't get a single vote!

What DID surprise me was Tarzan and Kat at the final tribal council. I expected Tarzan to go into some excessively loquacious and somewhat nonsensical analysis of the game, but instead he just took his time to tell the world how much he loves his wife. I found it really touching and beautiful. And Kat! Holy crap! She's so young and emotional and competitive, and was clearly devastated by her blindside elimination. I really expected her to give one of those super spiteful temper tantrum speeches, like Sue to Kelly in the first season. But what a pleasant surprise that she was able to have some real perspective and see past the game once she was out of it. I wouldn't wish her medical condition on anyone, but it's nice to see that she makes something positive of it rather than wallowing in self-pity.

Finally, I am glad that Alicia was genuinely repentant about her "special needs kid" comment about Christina. I really hate when people weasel out of a real apology by saying things like "If I offended anyone, I'm sorry" because it clearly indicates that they don't think they actually did anything wrong aside from stepping on a few toes. But Alicia seemed truly ashamed of her comment and how horribly unkind and disrespectful it was to her students.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor: One World
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2012, 10:10:10 am »
Oooh, just thought of something. Didn't hunky James the gravedigger get medivac'ed? I really hope he's one of the people coming back! :D