Author Topic: Closing down Mojo-Farm  (Read 547 times)

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
Closing down Mojo-Farm
« on: July 20, 2019, 09:48:28 am »
Hello everybody,

I am making this post to announce that Mojo-Farm will be closing down at the end of next month (August). At that time, the forums will be turned offline and all user data will be deleted permanently.

Mojo-Farm is a website I originally created 9 years ago as a fansite for the Ngmoco game We Rule. The App Store and iOS gaming were very new at the time, and the website quickly grew into a thriving community and popular resource for the game.

I was only 16 years old at the time, and the experience I gained building and managing Mojo-Farm was invaluable. I have since gone on to successfully pursue website development as a full time career, and own my own business in the field. 

Eventually We Rule stoped receiving updates before being closed down by Ngmoco, and Mojo-Farm became a forum only, as it stands now. I became less involved personally but was always happy to see an active community still existing on the site.

Nothing can last forever (too sentimental?) and it's no secret that the past year has been very quiet. I believe now is the right time to close down Mojo-Farm and to say my goodbyes.

Thank you to everyone who has been involved, and I wish you all the best,
Alex

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
Re: Closing down Mojo-Farm
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:50:30 pm »
First of all, thank you Alex for creating this place! Without you, I would’ve never met some of the best people in the gaming world, and my gaming experience would’ve been totally different.

Secondly, thank you to all past and present members, who have contributed to this forum and made it what it truly was meant to be: a forum! We had ups and downs, happy and sad moments, joy and heartbreak, all in the name of gaming with our friends.

Alas, it is sad to see this place go but, it is time. Thanks to every MFer out there and good luck going forward!

:'( :) :-*

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:39:02 pm »
-hugs-

-cookies-

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 08:26:06 am »
It really comes as no surprise that the Farm is finally closing the barn doors. Things went steadily downhill in terms of activity with the closure of We Rule. We saw a few resurgences thanks to the likes of Supernauts but nothing could match the popularity and social success of WR.

We all hoped they would “see sense” and relaunch the game or that we would find a replacement but no other game came close.

We tried to inject new life into the forum by starting up photography clubs, reading groups and more. These helped for a while but interest dwindled as real life took over.

I’m thankful to still be in regular contact with some of the people from the WR heyday even though we don’t visit the forum any more. Some great friendships were forged here and it will be sad to say goodbye to the Farm and all of the thousands of posts we made.

Thanks to Alex for investing his time into setting up and maintaining the forum for so long, to my fellow admins for the fun times managing a once lively place and to all the members over the years who found Mojo Farm to be a safe and welcoming place to spend time.

Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

jjfatcat

• "Super Golden Shower Freak"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 09:30:22 am »
This morning I opened up Words Chums to play a turn and saw that one of my chum buddies played “Mojos” in another game. That made me nostalgic and curious about what Mojo Farm was up to these days, so I popped on over and saw that it’s closing down.

Although it’s been a looooong time since I was active on this site, the camaraderie and fun will be forever remembered. From Gatecon, Bankaii, Ninja, UK Hippo, Taeles, SnowMani, SueSue, Zombellayaya, Snookiecasula, Mage, KataramaO, Dignam, and so many others (sorry, my coffee-less brain can’t remember everyone) who made my first time joining a forum such a fun experience, thank you and virtual hugs. And of course, the founder, one337. What you created was fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone who helped create such fond memories. I hope you’re all well and wish you love, laughter, and good coffee (or tea if that’s your preference)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Supernauts, Word Chums

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: imaidenphone
  • Plus+: iMaiden
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 10:01:30 pm »
I’m at a loss for words...only that all good things eventually come to an end.

I have such fond memories of all the fun this board has had from so many lives connecting through a shared creative activity. Thank you Alex for creating this board. Thank you EVERYONE for all the quips, chuckles, personal moments, acts of kindness, healing...all of it.
❤️😘😢
Goodbye We Rule!