Author Topic: Grimvalor (action platformer/rpg)  (Read 390 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Grimvalor (action platformer/rpg)
« on: October 20, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grimvalor/id1369179088?mt=8
5.99usd, 707mb download, gamecenter enabled, offline friendly, no iap.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
Re: Grimvalor (action platformer/rpg)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 06:58:14 pm »
This looks interesting.  Kind of like the no longer supported WH40K Carnage game but moodier.  Also 100% less WAUGH! I will keep an eye on this one.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Re: Grimvalor (action platformer/rpg)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »
Fantastic game. Full rpg system, you collect 'souls' from things you kill and other objects. You have to balance your soul use between storing it up to level up and improve your attribues and using the souls to buy rare equipment / forge upgrades. The second resource is strictly used to craft gear/upgrades in the forge.

There are several weapon types each performing uniquely.

Your 'base' moves with you across the game world. Its like fast travel in reverse. Every three or four stages you will see a upside down horseshoe icon on the stage on your map. When you get to that 'portal' you can choose to move between any of these you have discovered and literally your entire base all around you moves to the new location.

Plenty of story, I'm in Act 2 atm and still adding npcs to my base.

Combat is very hands on and challenging. Making mistakes is always costly and can easily be deadly. But the controls (mifi or touch screen) are very precise and its a simple matter of learning your enemies to learn how to deal with them. And of course since its a RPG, you can also simply grind level your way to overpowered ness against whats in your way heh.

Make it a point to upgrade your healing potion to at least 5 early on. Each level up of the potion adds another time you can 'use' it. Essential for dealing with bosses.

There are several catagories of enemies at play in this game and they are as follows.
- Trash. These guys are simply there to kill and grind. Enjoy them. They respawn every time you hit a save point or screen load to a new area.
- Being Hunted. Periodically a mini-boss will come looking for you and you will become 'hunted'. While hunted monsters will frequently and never endingly spawn around you until you find the mini-boss and kill him.
- Mini-bosses. Separate from the Hunted variety, these are spaced throughout the stages for story purpose and once killed do not respawn.
- Bosses. These are the final target of each act and very very challenging. They have unique fight mechanics and also continually spawn trash around the fighting area until killed. Which is actually a blessing. Using your special abilities consumes energy bar, which is recharged by damaging/killing the trash. Bosses once killed progress the story, drop an abundance of reward and unlock the next act.

There are 5 acts to my knowledge.

Best strategy is as follows.
- Learn your weapon of choice, each handles differently and definitely impacts how you approach combat.
- Learn your enemies mechanics and how to handle them.
- Dodge! Dodge all the time. Dodge to group up bad guys. Dodge!
- Feel free to grind any time things feel to difficult. Level up a bit. Buy from merchant. Craft at the forge. Do NOT neglect your gear.

I've been equally leveling up my attributes each level up. Each time you level up you get 3 points to assign at your discression to 4 attributes. I just go down leveling evenly. 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, etc.