Author Topic: Battleheart 2 by Mikamobile  (Read 195 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Battleheart 2 by Mikamobile
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:54:53 pm »
Battleheart 2
2.99, no internet required, no facebook required, 440mb download.

Fun little tactical rpg, story is minimal and i don’t actually recall what it was aside from there are bad guys and you fight them. Once outside the tutorial you form a 4 man party from a selection of a dozen or so different heroes (and anti-heroes) and then fight on stages comprised of waves of baddies. Stages offer a variety of rewards and the higher the level of the stage generally the better said rewards.

Combat is as simply as tap dragging your hero to who you want your hero to attack/heal. Each hero has their own abilities top left of screen that you can use and even que for auto use once their cooldown is off.

Inbetween stages you’ll be buying talents for your characters (abilities that you use during combat), equipment (Swords, armor, rings, etc), and Enchantments (improvements to your existing equipment.

EXP is awarded for stage victory and leveling up awards talent points to spend on your party. Gold is spent in the shop and crystals (occasional reward for gameplay) is spent in enchanting.

You are free to swap and mix and match your party as often as you like, my current is Shadow Knight (tank), Necromancer (dps), War Priest (dps/heals) and Bard (aoe healer). Very solo friendly so far :)

Single and Multiplayer present, if you multi you’ll take one character in to play with 3 other players.

As far as things to do, not much really aside from the randomly generating stages every time you hit the battle button and occasional boss fights. As I said there is a story, its just very minimal presence at best. I am enjoying the game though, played the hell out of the original and definitely recommend this one :)

-two thumbs up–

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battleheart-2/id1232791258?mt=8

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
Re: Battleheart 2 by Mikamobile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 12:45:48 pm »
I paid for the app as soon as I realized it was released.  I’ve generally enjoyed mikamobile games and this is no exception.

I like how they removed leveling of individual heroes and awarded tomes to pay for skill unlocks.  It refocuses the grind aspect and allows for more freedom in group composition.  No more running easy quests to level up someone so you can use them.

My current group is knight, cleric, war priest, and frost mage. 

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Re: Battleheart 2 by Mikamobile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:23:16 pm »
Agreed, thanks to the base reward types of skill/chant/coin stages and the fact that only you yourself are leveling up the game actually feels encouraging to play who ever the heck and change up as often as you like.

Oh and I was worried staring at the 3-skill-tree thinking 'well this will be a quick...' and then I saw the 20+ skill tree that appeared once i learned the first three... wow!

One thing I do see missing though that I liked a good bit on some clones that came about following BH1, I wish all four characters skills were on screen at all times so i didnt have to tap them to see and manage.

I'd also like a 'repeat' toggle for certain skills to immediately use everytime they come off cooldown.

Great game though :)