Author Topic: The Sims Mobile (not the other sims online game)  (Read 851 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
The Sims Mobile (not the other sims online game)
« on: March 09, 2018, 09:53:26 am »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sims-mobile/id1144258115?mt=8
Free, 105mb download(sizeable in app download on first launch), always online.

Ok so there've been a handful of sims titles on mobile and they've all been ok to some extent or another but this is the first one to catch and hold my attention. This sims title feels more like the early Gameboy Advance / DS titles that were much more goal driven and less pure open sandbox. But this ones also got the sandbox. So, yea!

Free2play. There is an energy system but its does not prevent you from doing things, interestingly the energy system seems to be a sort of 'speed stuff up' system. Send your sim to work, different jobs with different completetion timers present but you can 'assist' on the job to reduce the clock by using energy. Same for hobbies, parties, you name it.

There are at least two forms of currency here. Standard sim cash. iap sim bucks (also earned in game). Then currencies used for other things like rare furnishings and stickers for letting other players know what you think of them.

This is what I've been up to. Created Taeles Clae. Sexy lil bastard if I do say so myself. Went to my home, set everything up. Tutorial sent me to the local coffee shop to get a job, been keeping up on that. Working the job periodically gets promotions with better job options, rewards for back home, etc. Interestingly you can add/redesign your job enviroment probably to attract more business or somesuch.

So on the work front I have a job at the coffee shop. Back at home, finished the bathroom and bedroom, started randomly greeting npcs on the sidewalk outside my place. Green plum bob = npcs. Blue plum bob = other players character. Learned how to attend parties, have started attending random player parties making contacts and what not.

Somewhere during all that I high high enough level to unlock a second sim slot in my house. Immediately set up Aosi Clae (wifey). They start out as accquaitences so I'm working on romancing her as we speak :) She cant work at the coffee shop since Taeles works there so I set her up in another part of town at a restaraunt.

Adding furnishings to the home, put in a stove. Cooking is a 'hobbie' you can persue so Aosi is now doing that, makes sense since she's also a cook at her job.

There is a talent tree system tied to your sims, that periodically lets you choose new talents to improve various aspects of gameplay.

Just finished fiddling with the construction system, for home layout. I love it. LOVE it. I love that your house is basically a series of individual rooms that you can move around and resize, even without removing furniture first. I have a very very particular house design that I have always enjoyed in every sims game I have ever played so have started restructuring this house to match that.

The local yard area is locked in to heavy grass grids that you have to clean up before you can expand on to. Reminds me of a lot of base builders like farmville and whatnot. Unlocking those grass grids requires improvements to your overall household rating. This is done by progressing jobs, hobbies, improving or adding more furnishings, etc.

Not sure if you can build second story buildings and also not sure about basements, time will tell.

-thumbs up-

Worth taking for a spin :)

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
Re: The Sims Mobile (not the other sims online game)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »
So far I'm enjoying this. Though I'm curious what will happen when my baby grows up.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Re: The Sims Mobile (not the other sims online game)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:20:51 am »
Read on kotaku they become adults and serve as such in your home. The growth happens completely at random and is triggered by tapping on them when they have a certain bubble over their head.

At level 16 you gain the ability to make your sims elderly, if you choose