Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving...  (Read 746 times)

taeles

• ďSir Romphs-a-lotĒ
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Happy Thanksgiving...
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
... to everyone who celebrates. And to those who donít? Go get a turkey and some gravey and mashed taters anyways. Any time of year is a good time for that :)

Gatecon

• ďSir PundemoniumĒ
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
Re: Happy Thanksgiving...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:52:31 am »
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Btw makes it a good timely reminder for you that Dec 4th is National Cookie Day. I trust you will be celebrating Taeles? 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Manís Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:06:13 am »
Happy T-Day, you all (although we had duck... yum!).

PS National Cookie Day? For Taeles, every day is Cookie Day!
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

ďIf you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 07:42:11 am »
Happy gobble-gobble day to you pilgrims  :P ;D

taeles

• ďSir Romphs-a-lotĒ
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 07:23:57 pm »
PS National Cookie Day? For Taeles, every day is Cookie Day!

This :)

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Plus+: Mangoness
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 04:19:44 pm »
Iím actually on my third day of a 24 day cookie challenge right now.  Iíve done Sugar Cookies, Russian Tea Bars, and today was Confetti Cake Cookies.  Thank goodness Sam is giving a ton of them to workmates for Christmas.  However Iím having a hard time getting the girls to stop eating the sugar cookies & todays confetti ones were a big hit too.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:38:51 pm »
Iím actually on my third day of a 24 day cookie challenge right now.  Iíve done Sugar Cookies, Russian Tea Bars, and today was Confetti Cake Cookies.  Thank goodness Sam is giving a ton of them to workmates for Christmas.  However Iím having a hard time getting the girls to stop eating the sugar cookies & todays confetti ones were a big hit too.
Sounds amazing... and daunting! We are lucky enough to have a neighbor who bakes cookies during the holidays and distributes them to the neighbors. I love to bake (especially pumpkin cheesecakes) at this time of year, but find cookies, although delicious, too fiddle-y.

ďIf you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: imaidenphone
  • Plus+: iMaiden
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 01:18:47 am »
Iím so late to this party but was peeking in after a long night at the restaurant. Itís that time of year for going out you know.  ;)

I worked Thanksgiving, I usually do. Our restaurant was totally booked (500 people for the day). Somehow I became the official turkey carver over the last few years. This year, Iím not even kidding, I carved all of our turkeys...eighteen 25 pound bad boys, including breaking down all of the dark meat. Iím not sure what number that actually is for turkey dinners ordered of those 500 people but I can tell you....that is a lot of turkey. Hm now Iím curious as to what percentage that actually was. I know that it was less than last year because I carved 22 turkeys last year. Ugh.

So...while most of the staff was delighted to eat or take home turkey dinners, I just couldnít do it. I took home a nice pork chop dinner with wild rice cakes and stuffed squash. ^-^

Oh, and a fun fact: 18 25# turkey carcasses made about 30 gallons of stock.  :o
Goodbye We Rule!

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 02:57:57 am »
Iím so late to this party but was peeking in after a long night at the restaurant. Itís that time of year for going out you know.  ;)

I worked Thanksgiving, I usually do. Our restaurant was totally booked (500 people for the day). Somehow I became the official turkey carver over the last few years. This year, Iím not even kidding, I carved all of our turkeys...eighteen 25 pound bad boys, including breaking down all of the dark meat. Iím not sure what number that actually is for turkey dinners ordered of those 500 people but I can tell you....that is a lot of turkey. Hm now Iím curious as to what percentage that actually was. I know that it was less than last year because I carved 22 turkeys last year. Ugh.

So...while most of the staff was delighted to eat or take home turkey dinners, I just couldnít do it. I took home a nice pork chop dinner with wild rice cakes and stuffed squash. ^-^

Oh, and a fun fact: 18 25# turkey carcasses made about 30 gallons of stock.  :o
Happy to hear from you! Sounds like you had an event-full Thanksgiving. I'm impressed by your stamina to carve all those birds!