Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (it’s out :) !)  (Read 3178 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (it’s out :) !)
« on: October 25, 2017, 05:02:39 am »

Jump to 29m 35sec
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:04:41 pm by taeles »

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (coming late November)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:34:07 am »
Man! How long have we been asking for this?!? I can't wait until it launches and it may bump my other games of the map...if it's not too IAP heavy. I don't see an energy bar, which is a great start, and it looks like everything will be achievable with some grinding. All good things if true. I don't see much interaction with friends but I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to be able and help someone speed up their crafts, or gift them an item they need, harvest their trees, or something similar. If so, this could replace our WeRule fix that we've all been waiting for! Excited!!!

Miranda

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:52:30 am »
It's available to download now in Australia, according to this:

https://kotaku.com/im-playing-the-animal-crossing-phone-game-and-its-pret-1819832782

Some FB groups I'm in report that they also got it in the UK... I'm not sure if it means they got the Australian version and are just playing in the UK or if you can actually get it from the App/Play Store in the UK too.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/animal-crossing-pocket-camp/id1179915619?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaca&hl=en
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:30:25 am by Miranda »

Wootiecat

• “Formerly Norwoods”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Wootiecat
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 05:21:03 pm »
I'm playing it on my iPad right now.  I downloaded from the Australian store.  It is very well done! 

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »
Kinda curious how this games save will port over to the official US release. Can’t link it to nintendo’s account system because of the region lock. Hmm.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 10:56:48 pm »
Answering my own question, nintendolife says from their personal experience saves transfer completely fine when it releases stateside. We just apparently don’t link it to our Nintendo accounts until then. Down side is a lack of Nintendo co-op functionality, but this still does let us get our feet wet and ready to hit ground running next month :)

Well that or make a aussy Nintendo account. Not sure how the switch from aussy to Nintendo accounts works though. Or if its even possible.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:17:06 am »
So, if I don't have a Nintendo console, getting the Aussie version won't have a negative effect when it's released worldwide?

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 08:59:49 am »
So, if I don't have a Nintendo console, getting the Aussie version won't have a negative effect when it's released worldwide?

According to Nintendo life and kotaku every Nintendo game (fire emblem heroes and super Mario Run) both had soft launch phases and when both went world wide the game simply received a update in the App Store that brought it up to your proper iTunes region, prices updated and at that point you’ll connect the game to your Nintendo acct.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 11:52:21 am »

According to Nintendo life and kotaku every Nintendo game (fire emblem heroes and super Mario Run) both had soft launch phases and when both went world wide the game simply received a update in the App Store that brought it up to your proper iTunes region, prices updated and at that point you’ll connect the game to your Nintendo acct.

Awwwww, yeeeeaaahhh! You know what I'm downloading tonight ::). Now, I just need info on how to become an Aussie :P

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:56:31 am by Ninja12129 »

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 10:47:00 am »
Enjoying it so far; simple tasks; in and out and check in later. Lots of quests and IAP doesn't seem to be needed right now. My user name is ninja12129, as usual, but I can't link a Nintendo account yet because it recognizes that I'm in Canada but playing th Aussie version. I'll do that on worldwide launch.

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
So I downloaded it via the Australian App store, and I'm curious: You have to choose australia at the start of the game, something I don't recall having to do in other nintendo games.

Will we be able to change that later, or are we better off waiting?

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 05:29:36 pm »
Not sure. I've never had to do that before, either. Worst case scenario, I start from the beginning, but hopefully not.

Regarding gameplay, it seems that inventory will, eventually, be a possible problem. I think it's a steep price to open up 5 slots and I don't think it'll scale up with each upgrade. We'll see.

The other bottleneck might be crafting times. I've already had to build a 5&7 hr item but you can open slots for a fair price, imho.

I'm enjoying it so far and hopefully it gets better with friends. There's an area that's accessible, with help from friends, or with premium currency. Come on people! I need friends :P

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 12:42:18 am »
Not sure. I've never had to do that before, either. Worst case scenario, I start from the beginning, but hopefully not.

Regarding gameplay, it seems that inventory will, eventually, be a possible problem. I think it's a steep price to open up 5 slots and I don't think it'll scale up with each upgrade. We'll see.

The other bottleneck might be crafting times. I've already had to build a 5&7 hr item but you can open slots for a fair price, imho.

I'm enjoying it so far and hopefully it gets better with friends. There's an area that's accessible, with help from friends, or with premium currency. Come on people! I need friends :P

at certain levels they give quite generous increases to backpack space -thumbs up-

Miranda

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 02:07:45 am »
I'm level 23 right now, but inventory space hasn't been an issue at all for me. It's never been more than 80% full. Even now, I have 105/135 inventory spaces full.

The common questions section of the app says:

Can I change my country setting?

You can not change your original country settings if you have not linked a Nintendo Account to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

When linked to a Nintendo Account, use the following steps to change your country setting: Change the country setting for your Nintendo Account by selecting "Edit Profile" in the Profile section. The country setting for your Nintendo Account will automatically be applied to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Note: Your country setting should only be changed if your country of residence changes. You must agree to the User Agreement and acknowledge having read the Privacy Policy of the new country before being able to change the country setting.

I'm most likely going to start over when it's released next month, especially because I'm playing on Android right now and I'll probably mainly want to play on iPhone and I know that leaf tickets wouldn't transfer over, even with a linked Nintendo Account.

I didn't want to change the country on my Nintendo Account because I don't know if it'll affect anything on my 3DS.

I don't mind having to start all over. I've played AC since the GameCube version and I'm looking forward to being able to start from the beginning playing with other friends who I usually play AC games with.

Wootiecat

• “Formerly Norwoods”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Wootiecat
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 10:09:26 am »

I've tried adding you, but it says your id is not valid.  If you want to add me, my id is 5840 0430 960.