Author Topic: Checking in from the NorCal fires.  (Read 1270 times)

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: imaidenphone
  • Plus+: iMaiden
Re: Checking in from the NorCal fires.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
Heading back home today to work with a clean up crew at the restaurant tomorrow. My brother has been helping me assemble an emergency bag that fits into my cat carrier. Clever little brother...bag out, cat in. He also gave me some small particle masks for the clean up...now thatís caring. 😷❤️
Goodbye We Rule!

SueSue530

• ďCat HerderĒ
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: SueSue530
  • Plus+: SueSue530
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »
So glad you are ok. 
Plus ID/Game Center ID: SueSue530

Playing DragonVale World.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 05:17:19 am »
Glad to hear you are fine and that your restaurant may be open again for business soon.  Hopefully your apartment is still there as well.  Once I'm back in country, I'll see which weekend works best for a day trip.  Any dog friendly suggestions?  I'd hate to have to leave the dogs behind for the day (again).

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:24 am »
Thank you everyone. Iíve been busy, yay for that.

Maintenance tells me that the goats lost their little shelters in the fire as it did sweep that corner of the property, but they along with their year-round Canada goose friend are all fine...just a bit scared. We also lost some rows of vines but thankfully all structures on property were untouched. 

PG&E has been crazy busy, we had crews from as far as LA and San Diego at my work on Monday. Monday and Tuesday were all hands on deck deep cleaning days. Wednesday we reopened the inn and breakfast cafe, and began the bigger task of restocking fresh foods and beginning food prep. Tonight we open the Front Room at John Ash (restaurant) with a bar menu, weíll be doing a special dinner menu for the weekend and will have a complete dinner menu up by next week. The Event Center has cancelled all events until the second week of November.

Overall, we are very lucky to be getting back on track as quickly as we are.

Thanks Wilyone, the best thing you can do for an area like ours is visit. Iíll ask my dog people friends for some suggestions, our offsite sous chef has two big labs that he takes everywhere when heís not working.  ;)
Goodbye We Rule!

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:30 pm »
Let me know what are some good recommendations.  The earliest I could go is the weekend of 11/4.  I'm out of country on business travel still.  *le sigh*

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 02:44:03 pm »
Let me know what are some good recommendations.  The earliest I could go is the weekend of 11/4.  I'm out of country on business travel still.  *le sigh*

Honestly, with road closures and everyone diverted to main roads, let alone the bottleneck traffic on 101 with people looking at the fire damage (itís hard not to slow to look, but sigh), my commute has more than doubled since all of this mess. Giving all of that a couple of weeks to get better is a great idea.
Goodbye We Rule!