Author Topic: Audiobooks  (Read 512 times)

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
Audiobooks
« on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:21 am »
I've never really been a fan of audiobooks as I find most of the narrators annoying. Either reading the whole thing monotone, or trying too hard to adopt different voices and accents.

I've also never been very good at listening to them at home as I find my mind wandering and before I know it have switched off to the voice and missed a load of the story.

All this has changed since investing in a pair of AirPods and listening to books while out on my walks. New version of Treasure Island and one of Andy McDermotts books already done - The Midas Legacy. Next up is The Gods of Atlantis by David Gibbins which should almost last me until the new Dan Brown Origin comes out.
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Plus+: Mangoness
Re: Audiobooks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:12:11 pm »
We recently had to do a lot of driving & so to entertain us & the kids we got two audible books. Both young adult, and they were very funny.  The voices were excellent, of course my girls are 12 & 10 we decided to do nothing heavy that I would have explain anything serious.  We went with an Enchanted Forest series about dragons.  Actually wish we had a reason to listen to a third book, because the main heroine wasn't your typical princess.

I haven't listened to an audio book in 12 years before this.