Author Topic: Feb 2017 Rory's Picture Cubes  (Read 2652 times)

Spikeycat2

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Plus+: Spikeycat2
Re: Feb 2017 Rory's Picture Cubes
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:29 am »
Awesome! You're a hard act to follow

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 03:59:24 pm »
Awesome! You're a hard act to follow
Thank you, but I am only trying to light a fire under you all to at least write something!
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

Spikeycat2

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Plus+: Spikeycat2
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 05:06:10 pm »
There was a girl who needed a break, she'd had as much cold weather as she could take.
So she employed the local witch to cast a spell and make the switch.
But first, said the witch you must weigh your bags, and then attach some luggage tags.
For if your bags turn out too heavy I'd have to charge an extra levy.

Then the witch, she waved her magic wand and sent that girl across the pond.

She sent her to a ...er, magical land

Where she made footprints in the sand

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 01:16:07 am »
Photos, poetry AND We Rule...you're spoiling us :)
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 01:30:39 am »
Tres Clever!!

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
Very inventive.  I like it.  I love it.  I want some more of it.   ;D

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 05:52:39 pm »
This is not going to be anywhere near the same level as that excellent verse we were just treated to.  Onward to my lowly prose.

Whilst I was out waiting around in Chinatown, I happened to look down and noticed there was more than just cement underfoot.

I usually take pictures of these type of things in other cities around the world.  I never really noticed that San Francisco also had things like this as well.  The things you find when you aren't trying to rush from place to place.  There are so many little things to see/find when you take the time to admire your surroundings.  (I do make it a point to look at manhole covers in other cities to see how they are decorated/stamped.  I forget which Asian country I was in that had manhole covers stamped with names of other major cities around the world.  Some of them can be fairly intricate.  Others are fairly plain, just the name of the city stamped in the middle.)

Why was I waiting around?  Well, someone decided they needed fortune cookies.  I'm not sure, but the scale of the cookies seem a bit off. 

After the wait for the cookies, no, I have no idea if the fortune is a giant fortune or not, we headed through Union Square.  It happened to be on our way to next stop.  While we were cutting through the plaza (and admiring the art for sale that weekend), I noticed something magical.  What is that I see?  There are blossoming cherry trees in Union Square?!

Nope.  Just my allergy laden eyes thinking the crab apple tree was a blossoming cherry tree.  It wasn't just me through.  Lots of folks out there taking photos with the trees.  Hey, it was still kind of magical.  After that cold spell and all that rain, I definitely was not expecting any trees to be in bloom already.  Spring was definitely in the air that day.  The sight did kind of make me think I might have left my heart in San Francisco.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 07:11:14 pm »
Love it! You whetted my appetite for Chinese food and doing the Barbary Coast Trail. I have the self-guide map on my iPhone for the day I finally make tracks for the city. Didn't know there were embedded medallions. Thank you!