Author Topic: Rory's Story Cubes, photo edition  (Read 3861 times)

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
Re: Rory's Story Cubes, photo edition
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:21 pm »
Indeed. Wouldn't it be boring if you planned a trip down to the nth degree and it all went smoothly. The fun is in the chaos (and yes I'm guilty of doing it myself - I had every day of my 12 week trip to New Zealand planned out months in advance - where to go, how to get there, where to stay, what to see, where to eat etc. Thankfully it all went out the window by two weeks in and the rest of the trip became an unknown).
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 08:16:41 pm »
Indeed. Wouldn't it be boring if you planned a trip down to the nth degree and it all went smoothly. The fun is in the chaos (and yes I'm guilty of doing it myself - I had every day of my 12 week trip to New Zealand planned out months in advance - where to go, how to get there, where to stay, what to see, where to eat etc. Thankfully it all went out the window by two weeks in and the rest of the trip became an unknown).

Sounds like my kind of trip! How great for you!!
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 02:11:24 am »
and I love the backlit lamb photo

Backlit wasn't very technical was it! Contrejour.

I haven't had any inspiration for photos yet - just no sheep out and about around here which is unusual. But it's making me get out and look so that's a good thing.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:53 am »

I haven't had any inspiration for photos yet - just no sheep out and about around here which is unusual. But it's making me get out and look so that's a good thing.

Not technically challenging, but the barbed wire I had to deal with to get the angle was. Ouch!

It was sheer luck (pun intended) that I found any sheep. I was thinking I'd have to get the groomer to give my pups a lamb cut and fake it.

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 10:55:02 am »
Thanks all for taking part in the January edition by submitting a photo(s), liking a post or 3, commenting or even just stopping in to admire the photos.  I started a new thread for Feb.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 11:33:41 am »
Mid-way through my morning coffee and it seems that it works best to post this info here.  One a whim, I looked up Rory in the iOS app store and lo and behold, there is an app for the story cubes.  IAP to buy the other themes.  Had I known, I might have gone for the app.  Then again, something about the tactile feel of the dice themselves.  Guess I've rolled way too many d6 to give up that habit. 

So folks that want their own but don't want 9d6 sitting around, the app store has you covered.  Heck, you could get all the different themes and it would probably be about the same price as buying 1 set of story cubes. 

Dolphindreams

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: Marc & Jenn
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 04:41:03 pm »

Not technically challenging, but the barbed wire I had to deal with to get the angle was. Ouch!

It was sheer luck (pun intended) that I found any sheep. I was thinking I'd have to get the groomer to give my pups a lamb cut and fake it.

Someone sent me an email that I'm nearly finishing and reminded me that I should stop by and see what's going on lately... probably not the best place to say hi... but I'll be back to see more!!!

See ya soon
Jennifer
Peace and Quiet... HA, not my thing!

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:44 pm »

Someone sent me an email that I'm nearly finishing and reminded me that I should stop by and see what's going on lately... probably not the best place to say hi... but I'll be back to see more!!!

See ya soon
;D ;D ;D

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 01:12:36 pm »
Good to see you back here  :)

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 08:39:34 am »
Selkii I was reminded of your photographic drive back in January when I heard about the landslide in California today - sounds like it has happened on the same stretch of road you mentioned but a bigger slide this time with the road buried under 40 feet of rock.