Author Topic: Star Wars Rogue One  (Read 1131 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Star Wars Rogue One
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:20:39 am »

-runs around in circles-

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
Re: Star Wars Rogue One
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »
I'm waiting to see that as well.  Although I'm also curious to know what a Bothan looks like.  After all, many Bothans died to get the Rebels the plans for the Death Star.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »
I'm waiting to see that as well.  Although I'm also curious to know what a Bothan looks like.  After all, many Bothans died to get the Rebels the plans for the Death Star.

If I recall correctly, that quote was from episode 6 when they got plans for the second deathstar. No bothans died in the blowing up of the first :)

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 09:37:30 am »

If I recall correctly, that quote was from episode 6 when they got plans for the second deathstar. No bothans died in the blowing up of the first :)

Sounds like I should have done what Ninja did .... do a Episode 1 through 6 marathon before 7 just so the memory banks were refreshed.  ;D

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
Heeheehee!

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »
And it was a beautiful use of a morning.  Grabbed a matinee showing over the holidays.  It was almost a personal screening.  There were 9 other people in the theater watching.  I really like how the movie feeds directly into Ep IV.  A New Hope. 

The overall story ended how I thought it would end as well.  Not the segue into Ep IV mind you, but this STAR WARS story itself.  It makes an overall STAR WARS marathon, Ep 1, 2, clone wars the animated series, 3, rebels, Rogue One, Ep 4-7.  Hm ... this suggested marathon might take more than a week ...  Any who, I did not miss having some of what was shown in the movie trailers.  Sure, the snippy line about rebellions and rebelling was nice.  So was having K2's line about not killing someone because the Captain said so.  But, I'm not sure how you are supposed to face down a TIE fighter without a blaster.  Who was going to shoot it out of the sky for you?  Mr I'mOneWiththeForceandtheForceIsWithMe? I'll watch the deleted scenes when the blu ray is released, but I really did enjoy the theatrical cut. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
It also kind of answered the question of why the Rebel Alliance had so few ships at its disposal when the Death Star came calling.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 12:19:56 pm »
I've seen this one three times in theatres and could get up and go see it again right now heheheh.

I love everything about this movie right down to the toned down cg throughout. The cg was so well thought out in its use that you can watch ep4 immediately after rogue one and it feels fluid :)