Author Topic: Balancing and difficulty issues (or how to make pirate power more enjoyable)  (Read 9571 times)

Amnesia

• Peasant
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: instant-amnesia
I just want to add my 2 cents, as a lot of problems have already been reported here.

I am currently stuck on Claws Hell Mission 3. The difficulty-meter shows it should be very easy for me, but i just cant do it. Other quests show that it will be very hard for me to beat it, but i can do it easily. I think the balance is a bit off in some quests or missions.
I try to upgrade my boats as much as i can but i cant beat those damn Claws :( I also tried multiple hero-combinations, but nothing...

Talking about upgrading: Those black stones and some other parts really are too hard to get. All my parts on my Navarre boat are waiting to be evolved but it takes ages to collect all the materials.

To add something positive: I love the new crusade-system. Before i couldnt win anything, now its a lot easier and more fun.

Thanks for that nice game, i really love it!

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: rpamuk
This has been said before but I wanted to add my vote to it.

Soooo tired of the Monki and Fish saving quests. In a block of six fights, they sometimes come twice :-[. On the other hand we don't have enough of the area quests. Hoping the balance can be improved.

If the idea is to restrict the amount of medals handed out, there can me more from the Claws area or the Monki Island area. But less of Mansoole's convoy, PLEASE!

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile

Soooo tired of the Monki and Fish saving quests. In a block of six fights, they sometimes come twice :-[. On the other hand we don't have enough of the area quests. Hoping the balance can be improved.

If the idea is to restrict the amount of medals handed out, there can me more from the Claws area or the Monki Island area. But less of Mansoole's convoy, PLEASE!

Are the area quests the quests given by shampoo to go back in an already beaten dungeon and kill a specific enemy?

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile

Are the area quests the quests given by shampoo to go back in an already beaten dungeon and kill a specific enemy?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by "area quest." Sorry, my language was not very precise.  :P

Will be awesome if you can get a better balance. Right now, I cringe whenever I see a "Free Monki" or "Save Fish" quest.

rmjf1111

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Android username: rosie111@msn.com
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: NanaBanana:) 16
I would like a reject button on the peep's offerings, like there is for a quest..   Even with the wait, at least there would be another chance to sell something before the blessings card expires.  Usually I can save all day mangos and orchids enough for one sale, but their crafting time is too long to harvest 3-4 more mangoes before the card expires.

Thanks, Rose Marie
H.S./P.P.--Ipad/NanaBanana:) 16 and Kindle/Tatiani Way -- Love my new bracelet!

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by "area quest." Sorry, my language was not very precise.  :P

Will be awesome if you can get a better balance. Right now, I cringe whenever I see a "Free Monki" or "Save Fish" quest.

I just pushed a change onto the server, you should have more story quests.

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android tablet
We have been away but I had to pop in and say the changes have really been great (at least what we've come across). The game is much more fun again, and there seems to be more flexibility in play style. Getting wood is still a struggle but it doesn't feel like the endless grind it did before. The tournament is still hopeless for me but I think that is just me, tbh.

And the new treasure hunt is really fun! I hope this will be a weekly event, or at least bi-weekly. We all love logging in and plucking more clues out of the water!!

Thanks for being so responsive to everyone's concerns, guys.
All Android All The Time!!
Watching three streets: g0ldenbl0ss0m (my daughter's big street); RedRobot (my own street); and Booska (my husbands slightly smaller street)

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile

COOL!!! This is major help, Godzi! THANKS!

I just finished eight fights and got 1 fish and 1 Monki. I think that's an improvement coz I'd get at least 2 of each before. 

Thanks again  ;D

BearsMommy

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
"A client needs some crowns to decorate his living room."  I was laughing so much!  Great new story quest!  I love your sense of humor.   :)
Loving Crush Them All!  Not currently playing Pirate Power or Happy Street.

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: Kayak Goddess!

Thank You so very much Godzi!!!
Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile

Wait, that guy's name is Shampoo?
Watching three streets: g0ldenbl0ss0m (my daughter's big street); RedRobot (my own street); and Booska (my husbands slightly smaller street)

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile

Wait, that guy's name is Shampoo?

I know, right? What's up with that?

:o :o

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
It's actually Champoo unless I'm mis-remembering.

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
It's actually Champoo unless I'm mis-remembering.

I don't remember ever seeing his name! I'm not sure which is sillier, Champoo or Shampoo. (Although now that I'm thinking "Shampoo" every time I go to marketopia I start thinking "Uh, oh, we're in trouble....")

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
Major UGH today. Opening an arena chest gave me 30 regular wood :(

Godzilab, can you PLEASE look into the prizes in these chests? They need to be effort appropriate. I mean, I love myself some wood, but 30 regular ones out of an arena chest? I don't think it was worth the effort I put into scoring those keys.

This is how I thought: I can buy wood pretty affordably at Mr. Wing's, and the Arena keys are never given away for purchase, so . . . when I open an Arena chest, I naturally expect something I can't get at Mr. Wing's. Or if it's something I can get elsewhere, the quantity has to be way more than the normal amounts.

Ah well, off to the next tier.