Author Topic: Balancing and difficulty issues (or how to make pirate power more enjoyable)  (Read 9572 times)

LonePudding

• Farmer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
  • Game Center: xSparkle18x
This game started off great and has the potential to go far. But I think the overall difficulty is the thing letting it down a bit. If things were a little more achievable and goals were realistic, I'd be more likely to spend money on it.

This may seem a little obvious, but the game is FAR too easy for those who spend lots of money on flooz. Take the Arena for example. People who buy flooz can continue to battle all the time until they make their way through all the tiers and find theirselves within the top 8, winning medals for the special Arena heroes. Then they continue and do the same thing for the next special hero, and no one else (Non flooz buyers) has a chance to win medals from Cheery, Robin, Bruce etc. The top 8 often end up having +250,000 trophy points and have 5-6 hugely upgraded ships. Maybe they've been playing for longer? Maybe they don't work or go to school or have a real life to take care of? Maybe they have lots of money to spend on games? I just don't think it's fair that us newer players never have a chance to win the rarer things.

Also, the game doesn't make it clear how to get mini-quests to spawn. Like the new grab the gold quest (or something along those lines) that was added recently. I've only played that ONCE. The dice game spawns all the time but the others don't. No bugonauts or free the fishes. Maybe they are a rare occurrence. I don't know. Nowhere in game tells me this.

Levels I find too hard: (I pretty much got stuck on these all at once, and because I'm stuck, it's really hard to upgrade weapons)
  • King Navarre, Hard, Mission 5
  • Claws, Hell, Mission 2
  • The Doge, Normal, Mission 4 (Don't know how I got this far really)

Some of the levels I have completed and are waiting for the next difficulty to unlock have no reason. I have a few, like The Kina Hard that relies on me finishing King Navarre Hard Mission 5 (that I've been stuck on for well over a month). Others like Skull Island or Prince Arthus have the next difficulty locked and when I try to press the next difficulty skull icon, no message appears to tell me what I need to do to unlock it! I hope I explained that clear enough, it was kind of hard to explain.

Crusades and Arena battles should drop materials, as well as failed battles dropping them too. This will help people who are stuck so they can at least get something good out of trying and failing. On the topic of materials, please lower the wood amounts for hulls. 400 wood is crazy. Several weapons I would like need Black Stones, which are extremely rare. I currently have 7 Black Stones and 7 of my weapons waiting to evolve need ~10 stones each.

What are the cloudy areas for? Am I ever going to find something behind one?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:21:33 am by LonePudding »

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile
In an effort of reducing the grinding, we have tweaked the cost of the boat parts.
Here are the few changes which are already live:
- Removed most of the wood navarre needed in evolving the pirate boat parts, and increased the pirate wood needed to compensate for that loss. This is to reduce the dependency of several families on the same resource.
- The navarre and dandolo boat parts have seen a slight decrease in the number of woods needed for the different upgrades. Ex Navarre Hulls 5-Stars require 500 Wood Pirate and 400 Wood Navarre instead of 600 and 500 respectively.
- We also made the cost more consistent between the different boat parts
For a future update:
We are also working on some new features which will allow you to get more resources and be able to craft the different woods including the fusion gems. This will be a new building where you could send your heroes to different missions and collect some wood every x hours.
Again thanks for sharing your experience with the game, we are reading every one of your remarks, if you have some issues or ideas for improving the game, feel free to post here. Donít hesitate to share your experience!

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: rpamuk
Thank you for introducing changes to help relieve the grind.

For a future update:
We are also working on some new features which will allow you to get more resources and be able to craft the different woods including the fusion gems. This will be a new building where you could send your heroes to different missions and collect some wood every x hours.

This, I think, will be most beneficial. Just like the dice game has helped immensely, these will too, I'm sure.

misskitcate

• Tailor
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: Hamsher14
Not happy about the increase in flooz needed if you want to buy energy/arena tickets more than once a day. You're punishing the honest players because of the amount of cheaters that have started.

Speaking of which. I play and see what feels like a ton of cheater accounts daily. Any easy way to report these? Their boat strength will be close to mine (6200 ish), yet they'll have basic 1-2 star parts.

funshark

• godzilab
    • View Profile
  • Android username: funshark
  • Device: Android phone
Not happy about the increase in flooz needed if you want to buy energy/arena tickets more than once a day. You're punishing the honest players because of the amount of cheaters that have started.

Speaking of which. I play and see what feels like a ton of cheater accounts daily. Any easy way to report these? Their boat strength will be close to mine (6200 ish), yet they'll have basic 1-2 star parts.

Just note the name of the player and write a ticket to the support. Be sure it's really a cheater though; don't send a hundred of names :)
In many cases, cheaters are automatically banned

Relax21

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: rupsonline
This time I went to around 300 ranking in arena, pretty good I think as I did not buy flooz to play on. I won most of the battles and got tier 1 prize also. But still a bit disappointed that I don't have any chance at getting bruce. Cant we get at least 5 medals or something so that we would try to win him sometime in future when he would be back again?
Add me! I always love more friends 😍 🍭 ❤️ 😈 😇 💕

Relax21

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: rupsonline
Also, why are we limited to view 5 ads per day to get free tickets by watching videos? That's very unfair to those of us who do not want to use flooz to be on the top of the list in tournament. Though I do want to pay my money for some of the things like rare heroes that comes with event like scud, robin etc.
Add me! I always love more friends 😍 🍭 ❤️ 😈 😇 💕

misskitcate

• Tailor
    • View Profile

Just note the name of the player and write a ticket to the support. Be sure it's really a cheater though; don't send a hundred of names :)

Sounds good, thanks! Any ideas on all of the pipo (followed by 7 numbers) accounts? I've seen at least 4-5 within my crusade and in the arena - usually in the top 20. They never have crazy great boats either, just odd they all use the same name format and all appeared around the same time.

EDIT: I have FIVE different "pipo"s in my crusade alone tonight. All with a different string of 7 numbers after the "pipo". :/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:12:01 pm by misskitcate »

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Fynzou
Also, why are we limited to view 5 ads per day to get free tickets by watching videos? That's very unfair to those of us who do not want to use flooz to be on the top of the list in tournament. Though I do want to pay my money for some of the things like rare heroes that comes with event like scud, robin etc.

The arena is meant to be pay-to-win. I had the same critique but according to GodziLab, it's intended.

Also note that due to the advertisers (not GodziLab), any ads you view in Happy Street affect how many ads you can view in Pirate Power and vice versa.

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile

The arena is meant to be pay-to-win. I had the same critique but according to GodziLab, it's intended.

Also note that due to the advertisers (not GodziLab), any ads you view in Happy Street affect how many ads you can view in Pirate Power and vice versa.

We just changed the way you pay tickets for flooz so this should reduce the difference between those who buy energy and those who don't.

I don't think the ads in pirate power affect the ones in Happy Street anymore. We have 6 different ad networks in Pirate Power, this should be enough to never run of inventory on both happy street and pirate power.

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Kayak Goddess!
I love the new go for the gold quest, it is my favorite thing!  I would love it if there was a way to win more time.  Like a once a day game in the market where you could spin a wheel to win 0 up to 5 extra seconds for each 24 hour period or something. I really want to empty all those chests!  :)  I love the new crusades, right now they are super easy for me, but enjoying them and looking forward to working my way through them.  I do not like how Mr. Wings now has all the relics.  My favorite things to purchase are wood, potion, and medals, and I would often buy all of them.  But I do not need the relics and there are so many for sale,  that there is often not many things I need in his boat now.  I need wood and the different stones and am disappointed that they are not there for sale.  Mr. Wings was a reason I got on multiple times a day to play, to make more coin to buy the items I needed from him. I also agree that the way the battle ends now after completing a quest is annoying as I have accidentally replayed the same one without realizing it at first.  I do love the dice game and think it is a great addition to the game also.  At first I didn't care for the bar on the side of the game, but I am not used to it and I do find it useful.  And I am not sure, but perhaps there are already less, but I am so tired of the save the fish and save the monkeys.  I prefer the other battles as you can get a medal along with the coins.  I do the quests to get the most amount of coins, but those are my least favorites, and I think it is just because they pop up the most often.  Thanks again for a great game Godzi Lab! 
Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

Myzou

• Pirates Beta
    • View Profile

Sounds good, thanks! Any ideas on all of the pipo (followed by 7 numbers) accounts? I've seen at least 4-5 within my crusade and in the arena - usually in the top 20. They never have crazy great boats either, just odd they all use the same name format and all appeared around the same time.

EDIT: I have FIVE different "pipo"s in my crusade alone tonight. All with a different string of 7 numbers after the "pipo". :/

Those are either boats GodziLab made or users that never chose a name (not sure which). PiPo = Pirate Power.

I know Godzi made some boats to ensure there's always boats in a certain power range, but not sure if those are them or not.

misskitcate

• Tailor
    • View Profile

Those are either boats GodziLab made or users that never chose a name (not sure which). PiPo = Pirate Power.

I know Godzi made some boats to ensure there's always boats in a certain power range, but not sure if those are them or not.

Thanks! That makes sense. I'm guessing the ones I'm seeing in the top 20 for the arena are real accounts then and not the bogus ones GodziLab created? (I hope?)

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile
We haven't created any bogus account. They are all real users.

Myzou

• Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
Then yea, they're just people who never made a username/connected to Gamcenter/Facebook. PiPo = Pirate Power and the large number I would assume is their account ID number. Lol.

@Godzi, It was mostly a guess haha.