Author Topic: Which flooz chests are worth the risk?  (Read 3368 times)

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android tablet
Which flooz chests are worth the risk?
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:18:33 am »
*risk of wasting your flooz, that is

My first flooz chest was the boat parts one, I got the machine gun which was annoying at the time since I had just started and was a long way away from getting a Dandolo boat, but eventually I got one and put the machine gun on it.

This week I used all my flooz to get the limited Dandolo chest -- and I got the machine gun AGAIN (yes, I knew it could happen but I didn't think likfe could be that cruel). It's a pretty useless weapon since it doesn't hit the hull, and there is no way I'd use two on one ship (because: DOESN'T HIT THE HULL) so I basically spent 71 flooz to get a weapon I can sell for 918 gold.

So -- so far, flooz chests have been a waste of flooz for me. And with flooz so hard to get in this game it's very frustrating.

Is anyone having better results? Are there flooz chests with a better chance of getting something you can really use? Or should I be spending my flooz on building and upgrading and forget the chests altogether?
All Android All The Time!!
Watching three streets: g0ldenbl0ss0m (my daughter's big street); RedRobot (my own street); and Booska (my husbands slightly smaller street)

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: rpamuk
Re: Which flooz chests are worth the risk?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:28:15 pm »
Its all about luck.

I tried the chests 3 times and got good results 2 times. First, I scored Stellar out of the Heroes chest and then I got Tesla out of the Dandolo chest.

Last night, I tried the Heroes chest again. I got 10 Stellar cards :(

I wanted a new hero not Stellar again. And then 10 cards are not enough to get her to the next level either. So, waste of 79 Flooz.

Not happy, but I'm sure I'll try again when I have saved up enough.

rmjf1111

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Android username: rosie111@msn.com
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: NanaBanana:) 16
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
I have had the same luck.. Scored the Excalibur Crossbow in one, Stellar in another but after that just medals for someone I had and parts.  But I am thinking that leveling up the heros helps also, so now I have Rolexo at 3 stars.  Time will tell :-)

I am not sure if I got Rolexo and Monki Bricolo from a chest or not.

Rose Marie
H.S./P.P.--Ipad/NanaBanana:) 16 and Kindle/Tatiani Way -- Love my new bracelet!

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
I highly suggest trying to get Robin Hood when his chest is available.

He's one of the strongest heroes if you have a boat with 2 crossbows.

All of the heroes from the limited chests are well worth it though (they're rather strong and have an element to them, unlike other heroes), but if you only aim for one, I highly suggest Robin Hood. (And if you get Joan instead of him from the Navarre chest, she's extremely strong at destroying an opposing ship's nose with her skill)

@Rose: Monki Bricolo is from the starter pack, if you got that. He's also available in a chest I think, but not sure. Rolexo is from the daily logins.

Ali77!

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 08:42:54 pm »
Do u mean the limited chest with the Gold Knight and Tesla? I got them both but I had to buy several chests in a row to get them. Doing one after another seemed to help.

Myzou

• Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »
Yes, the Pirate, Dandolo and Navarre chests are limited, and all have 2 heroes in them. The heroes from the are definitely strong.

Tesla in particular is probably the second most useful, behind Robin Hood. (In my opinion. If you don't use crossbows, she's probably the most useful)

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 08:54:15 am »
Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure Robin Hood is tournament only, and I'm pretty sure I'll never get him because I'm consistently matched with boats way more powerful than mine. The tournament is so frustrating I just don't even bother with it.

I may just wait and see how the chests cycle for a while -- otherwise with my luck I'll just be collecting heavy machine guns forever!
Watching three streets: g0ldenbl0ss0m (my daughter's big street); RedRobot (my own street); and Booska (my husbands slightly smaller street)

Myzou

• Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »
Robin Hood is available from the Navarre Chest when... Charlotte? is the weekly event.

Blossom

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 07:42:26 am »
Robin Hood is available from the Navarre Chest when... Charlotte? is the weekly event.

Really? We're in the Android beta so we've only seen a few weeks of the cycle, I didn't know any hero could be both. I'll look for him then!

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
I have 79 Flooz again. Scared to use them, pretty sure I'll get Stellar medals again. But there's nothing else I can use them on anyway :(

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »
I am close to 79 Flooz again. Worried much! I have had Stellar medals 3 times in a row :o

Fingers crossed I get Ash. Want him badly.

Relax21

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: rupsonline
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:54 am »

This week I used all my flooz to get the limited Dandolo chest -- and I got the machine gun AGAIN (yes, I knew it could happen but I didn't think likfe could be that cruel). It's a pretty useless weapon since it doesn't hit the hull, and there is no way I'd use two on one ship (because: DOESN'T HIT THE HULL) so I basically spent 71 flooz to get a weapon I can....

I thought the limited dandolo, navarre etc chests could only be purchased with real money and not with flooz? Am I wrong and missing something?
Add me! I always love more friends 😍 🍭 ❤️ 😈 😇 💕

misskitcate

• Tailor
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Hamsher14
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 07:08:22 am »

This week I used all my flooz to get the limited Dandolo chest -- and I got the machine gun AGAIN (yes, I knew it could happen but I didn't think likfe could be that cruel). It's a pretty useless weapon since it doesn't hit the hull, and there is no way I'd use two on one ship (because: DOESN'T HIT THE HULL) so I basically spent 71 flooz to get a weapon I can....

I thought the limited dandolo, navarre etc chests could only be purchased with real money and not with flooz? Am I wrong and missing something?

"Back in the day" (haha, last time these Dandolo ones came around) limited chests were bought with flooz as well. That changed within the last few limited chest drops.

rpamuk

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 07:11:14 pm »
I am close to 79 Flooz again. Worried much! I have had Stellar medals 3 times in a row :o

Fingers crossed I get Ash. Want him badly.

Yippie!!! Finally, it's Ash  ;D

Relax21

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: rupsonline
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 12:59:10 pm »
Thanks so much :)
Add me! I always love more friends 😍 🍭 ❤️ 😈 😇 💕