Author Topic: Questions  (Read 11475 times)

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
Re: Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:04 am »
I just have to be careful not to say things that are beta exclusive. xD

Fighting is the main coin income, along with the trading in of fruits when the quest is offering a large % over market value. (Shops will give you a large income after you make up the difference it cost to upgrade them as well).

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: Kayak Goddess!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 07:40:29 am »
Myzou you are my pirate power hero!!!   Thank you so much!  Though I don't see the thank you tab today to thank you for each post.  So just posting a thank you here!

Is there more to fighting than what Has been said here?   As I get beat terribly in the arena battles, and can't get far with the daily things, such as Blackbeard.  And my first boat is as far as it can go without evolving.

I still can't change my sail, I had done it before, but it reverted back to original, and it won't switch again.  :). I will keep trying.  I tap the color thing, colors come up, I tap one and just a sell tap pops up.  :(

I too put it all in on boat at first, but now that I can't evolve or get any further with several spots, I am upgrading my other boats.

Thanks again Myzou!!!  Always appreciate your knowledge and insight.  J
Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Kayak Goddess!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:16:38 am »
I got it!  I figured out how to change our sail colors.  You drag the color to the sail!  Who hoo!  So happy now!  I am still hoping for boat pinstriping.  :).
Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

funshark

• godzilab
    • View Profile
  • Android username: funshark
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 08:59:05 am »
Mmm, yes I did. When I did have 13 medals for Amelia, I did fight for the last 2. After the first I had to stop, went in later and got the second. Going back to get Amelia, she still had only 14????
Next day I chequed first before buying another one from the man in the boat, she only had 12.....

After this I did fight for 2 and bought a 3th, without leaving the game and then it was ok.

I think that Arthus has the same problem, I know that I often got his medals and now he only has 3. I did not control this, but it's strange and they both come from fighting prince Arthus.

Seems to be a saving issue ( like Myzou said )
Make sure you're quitting the game through the quit menu ( "are you sure you want to quit? yes no" )
If it's the case already, I suggest you to write a ticket to the support.

Mage01

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Mage01
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 11:24:43 am »
No thank you tap at the moment, so I'll write in a reply.

Thank Myzou, great help!

Thanks Funshark, I'll be more careful next time. No need for a ticket, it's not such a big deal.

New question,
Are there other things to do in the game in the future, or will we have to keep on fighting all the time?

Carpe Diem

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Fynzou
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 01:17:19 pm »
Myzou you are my pirate power hero!!!   Thank you so much!  Though I don't see the thank you tab today to thank you for each post.  So just posting a thank you here!

Is there more to fighting than what Has been said here?   As I get beat terribly in the arena battles, and can't get far with the daily things, such as Blackbeard.  And my first boat is as far as it can go without evolving.

I still can't change my sail, I had done it before, but it reverted back to original, and it won't switch again.  :). I will keep trying.  I tap the color thing, colors come up, I tap one and just a sell tap pops up.  :(

I too put it all in on boat at first, but now that I can't evolve or get any further with several spots, I am upgrading my other boats.

Thanks again Myzou!!!  Always appreciate your knowledge and insight.  J

There's the daily battles, (blackbeard and such), the general game as you advance through the levels, and the arena. There's also the crusades. I think that's the name? The daily thing where you battle 3 ships, get a chest, battle another 3 ships, get another chest, etc. Up to 15 ships. (I think those are still around at least, lol, as they were in the soft launch) I think that's all. Like I said, I've been away from the beta for a month due to taking a small break and having a bit of an issue getting it to work again. Hopefully it can get resolved soon.

As for the sail coloring,  your latest post is correct. I totally forgot you have to drag the color or emblem to the sail to change them.

I found a good way to make gold was to do the quests you get from marketopeia. Not the fruit ones, the other one. The one that has you battle a specific area. The good reward is usually decent and you get the gold reward from the area, on top of the wood or other rewards from the area as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:21:12 pm by Myzou »

Furrycat1

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Tepurr
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 06:20:07 pm »
@Furrycat1 Please try the latest version
When you tell me to try the latest version, thought that was what I downloaded. I was not on your trial, downloaded from App Store. Have uninstalled/installed so many times but same thing happens every time at same place. There isn't, or should I say don't know of any way, to completely get rid of the Apple apps purchased to get a completely new download. Would like to try this new game but unless you can give me a solution, don't think I will be able to play.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:16:11 am by ukhippo »

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:31 pm »
No thank you tap at the moment, so I'll write in a reply.

I was just noticing that.  Will have to take it up with the mods to see if they can fix it.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 01:15:36 pm »
It was Gatecon's fault... ;D.  All fixed now!  ;)

Dollybelle

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Dolly*u*
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »
How does the timer on  red skull on the boat works? I tried aiming for it but nothing happens.
Thanks.
Blue crystals. Level 59

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »
It was Gatecon's fault... ;D.  All fixed now!  ;)

Well, it's only fair that I leave you one thing to do in six months 😜
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

funshark

• godzilab
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 05:22:52 pm »
How does the timer on  red skull on the boat works? I tried aiming for it but nothing happens.
Thanks.

If I'm right about what you're talking about, this timer is a weak point timer.
It appears when you destruct specific parts of the boat : nose & sail.
During this timer, your damages on the hull ( only ) are multiplied. You do not need to aim at the timer icon; anywhere on the hull is fine.

LonePudding

• Farmer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
  • Game Center: xSparkle18x
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 03:01:07 pm »
Just had a quick thought...

With the tournaments, isn't it a little unfair to the newer players? How are we supposed to be able to beat players with months of experience?

LonePudding

• Farmer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
  • Game Center: xSparkle18x
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »
Make sure you're quitting the game through the quit menu ( "are you sure you want to quit? yes no" )
If it's the case already, I suggest you to write a ticket to the support.

Hi, where do I find the quit menu?

funshark

• godzilab
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 04:24:39 pm »
Hi, where do I find the quit menu?

Sorry it was my mistake.
There is no quit menu on IOS ( only on android )
On IOS, you can only click on the home button. Therefore, do not try to close the game directly after a fight or some reward, and try to move on another place ( Main island -> Map -> Marketopeia ... ) a couple of time to be sure a saving has occured.