Author Topic: Questions  (Read 11493 times)

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: Kayak Goddess!
Questions
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:58:08 pm »
I am hoping there are others playing that can answer some questions.  And i know that i am not the only one who has them. 

My first boat that I have all upgraded to where everything needs to evolve, I need fusion gems from the event Black beard.  I think he was there the first day I played, and I haven't seen him since.  Will he come back around?    Or is there some other way to get them?As I don't have any fusion gems.

Thanks,
J

Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »
He comes once a week

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 05:22:28 pm »
He comes once a week

I only saw him that first time.  So he must be coming soon!  Thanks!

Kayaking makes my heart sing!  But if I can't be paddling, I am happily playing Happy Street whenever I can.

Furrycat1

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Tepurr
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:01 pm »
Have just downloaded the game and every time I get to the cannon Level 1 and it starts shooting the x on the boat nothing happens, A little message seems to appear on the right side something about an upgrade but when I try to move it towards me the game completely crashes. I have installed uninstalls lots of times but still at that point game always crashes.
Unfortunately nothing seems easy or obvious, not liking it so far.

Groc

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:31 am »
I see I have my Game Center friends, but how do I add other friends?

I did connect to Face Book, but it wanted to add all my friends, which I don't want to do, just the ones that play HS.

I am enjoying the game so far, but I'm not sure what exactly what I should be doing?

When is it best to upgrade - as soon as I have materials/coin, do I evolve as soon as upgrading?

I think I am at level 5, and so far my boat hasn't sunk, but what do I do when it does?

Are there certain things 'timed' for the day, for example chests show up anytime, I have had a few boats requesting to be fixed by neighbours, is this in the morning (UK).

It would be nice to have a general blurb about the game and how to play  :)

kayakgoddess

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 08:14:08 am »
I see I have my Game Center friends, but how do I add other friends?

I did connect to Face Book, but it wanted to add all my friends, which I don't want to do, just the ones that play HS.

I am enjoying the game so far, but I'm not sure what exactly what I should be doing?

When is it best to upgrade - as soon as I have materials/coin, do I evolve as soon as upgrading?

I think I am at level 5, and so far my boat hasn't sunk, but what do I do when it does?

Are there certain things 'timed' for the day, for example chests show up anytime, I have had a few boats requesting to be fixed by neighbours, is this in the morning (UK).

I agree Groc, I am at level 22 or so, but still feel like I am stumbling around in the dark.  The only question I can answer for certain, is that when your boat sinks, you don't have to do anything.  You just lose that battle.  And your boat is back and intact the next time.  I am impressed that your boat hasn't sunk.  You must understand how to battle better than I do, as my boat sinks all the time.  LOL!  So if you have pointers on how to battle, I could sure use those!  As for as the upgrading, I have just been upgrading what I can.  I have a lot to upgrade as far as businesses and such, and my boats.  I try to upgrade the things in the areas by what level you are able to upgrade them, but I am way behind.  I need a lot of those silly leaves yet, and other things.  Working to upgrade my shaman house next and then my gardening.  But it is going to be a long time as so many leaves are needed.  Hopefully someone else can answer your questions.  I see all these big fancy boats in the arena battles, so someone out there knows how to play.  We just need them to find our forum!  :)  With Myzou being a beta tester I keep hoping he will chime in and give us some advice.

Oh and has anyone figured out how to color their sail?  I had my colored, but then it went back to white and I can't change them now.  J

Mage01

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Mage01
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 10:16:39 am »
Do the medals expire after some time or for an other reason?
Carpe Diem

funshark

• godzilab
    • View Profile
  • Android username: funshark
  • Device: Android phone
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:55 am »

Nope they don't :)
Did you have any issue with them?

Mage01

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »

Nope they don't :)
Did you have any issue with them?

Mmm, yes I did. When I did have 13 medals for Amelia, I did fight for the last 2. After the first I had to stop, went in later and got the second. Going back to get Amelia, she still had only 14????
Next day I chequed first before buying another one from the man in the boat, she only had 12.....

After this I did fight for 2 and bought a 3th, without leaving the game and then it was ok.

I think that Arthus has the same problem, I know that I often got his medals and now he only has 3. I did not control this, but it's strange and they both come from fighting prince Arthus.
Carpe Diem

Mage01

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »

"Oh and has anyone figured out how to color their sail?  I had my colored, but then it went back to white and I can't change them now."
@ Kayakgoddess, same for me. Once I could change the colour on the examples, but not on the sail. After that nothing is possible anymore, not even on the examples.
Carpe Diem

rmjf1111

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Android username: rosie111@msn.com
  • Game Center: NanaBanana:) 16
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 03:13:10 pm »
So if you have pointers on how to battle, I could sure use those! 

The only pointers I got were from my granddaughter who does other battling games.  She said put that white circle over the enemy's cannon first and then the sail, and then the hull.  Sometimes I go back to the cannon if it restores before the battle is over.  I like Groc did good the first few levels fighting the easier battles, but when I got to the skeletons... I died every time.

I like the tips we get now on how to do better the next battle, but even with upgrades and potions, I still have not beaten those skeleton people!

Rose Marie
H.S./P.P.--Ipad/NanaBanana:) 16 and Kindle/Tatiani Way -- Love my new bracelet!

Furrycat1

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Tepurr
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »
Have just downloaded the game and every time I get to the cannon Level 1 and it starts shooting the x on the boat nothing happens, A little message seems to appear on the right side something about an upgrade but when I try to move it towards me the game completely crashes. I have installed uninstalls lots of times but still at that point game always crashes.
Unfortunately nothing seems easy or obvious, not liking it so far.
I can't even get started with this game. Can anyone please help me.

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »
@Furrycat1 Please try the latest version

Myzou

• "Bronze Stamp Collector"
  • Pirates Beta
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Fynzou
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 02:19:33 am »

It really depends. There's the arena - which, if you get to the top, can award unique heroes, arena stones for powerful weapons, and black stone.

There's upgrading your ships, which is something you should be doing constantly. The idea is to focus on multiple ships at once, but I focused on one in particular. This led to me having issues down the line though compared to some others.

I'd suggest focusing  on your weapons then your  hull, then your nose then your sail. Or what seems most achievable. Weapons are definitely most important. Getting your heroes to level 3 AT LEAST is very important as well.

As to when to evolve, that's personal preference. Evolving changes the look of the item, but it'll still be the same health/power until you upgrade it further. You should upgrade as soon as you feel comfortable. You do have a limit on the amount of gold you have, but make sure you save enough gold to upgrade any buildings you're close to upgrading. (especially the bank)

You simply lose that battle. The ship doesn't incur a cooldown or anything.  You can battle again immediately.

Chests show up I think every 2 hours? I can't remember exactly. I timed it once. They might've changed it. The same goes for fixing neighbors boats.

Daily resets happen at the same time Happy Street Daily Slot Token resets happen. This is for things  like when the daily battle swaps out. (Blackbeard, etc.)

Honestly, I've been absent for a month so I can't say much. I'm waiting for some help from Godzi to get back in. After which  I can post something.

I will say one thing: Make sure your crew is balanced. You don't want a crew full of defensive people, for instance.

Like, one of the most common crews we saw in beta was Sam, Adel, and Amelia. Gave us a buffer (Sam), a way to destroy enemy mines (Sam), an attacker (Adel), and a healer (Amelia).

"Oh and has anyone figured out how to color their sail?  I had my colored, but then it went back to white and I can't change them now."
@ Kayakgoddess, same for me. Once I could change the colour on the examples, but not on the sail. After that nothing is possible anymore, not even on the examples.

From what I remember, go into the boat customization (click one of them in the docks), click the sail (like you were going to swap them out). To the right, click the circle that has the sail color. Choose a new color. Then you can choose a shade of that color. You can also change  the emblem on the sail from here.

And for people having issues with medals: Make sure not to leave the game too soon after getting a medal. You have to let the game have time to save to the server.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:34:49 am by Myzou »

Groc

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 02:28:30 am »
Thank you sooooo much Myzou!!

I have been upgrading my boat, but run out of coin, but right now I don't do much fighting due to time constraints.