Author Topic: Any ideas to rejuvenate the forum?  (Read 6943 times)

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
Re: Any ideas to rejuvenate the forum?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »
ive stopped using my blog and will resume any game articles, posting on m-f. i enjoyed it more to be honest and when i moved off to the blog it stopped feeling like a fun hobby and more like a job :P

Yessssss!!
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

N-A-Dream

• “The New Meg”
    • View Profile
  • Android username: I'm not a droid
  • Device: iPhone 6 Plus
  • Game Center: N-A-Dream
  • Plus+: nadream196
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 10:27:24 pm »
You need to do the thing ...  ???
TBD

Chumpskers

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Chumpskers
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 01:48:03 am »
Glad to see that Mojo-Farm is still alive. I stopped visiting mainly because of RL issues but also because I stopped playing  most of the games on the forum.  If I find a new game that could bring back some more life to the forum I will surely let you know.  I just downloaded Pirate Power and am gonna give that one a go. Mojo-Farm has been around for so long we can't let it die out. Still waiting to see something like WR come out. Those were the good old days. Anyway who knows what the future will bring ? See you on the forum.

Greetings Mojo- Farmers
Clash of Clans level 148 Titan 2
Pirate Power

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 02:25:35 am »
Glad to see that Mojo-Farm is still alive. I stopped visiting mainly because of RL issues but also because I stopped playing  most of the games on the forum.  If I find a new game that could bring back some more life to the forum I will surely let you know.  I just downloaded Pirate Power and am gonna give that one a go. Mojo-Farm has been around for so long we can't let it die out. Still waiting to see something like WR come out. Those were the good old days. Anyway who knows what the future will bring ? See you on the forum.

Greetings Mojo- Farmers
Great seeing you here! I'm not involved in the game play - haven't found anything to entice me and, like you, RL demands - but I stick around because of the friendships formed. In many cases, this is our only link.

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 11:36:38 am »
I picked up a small pack of Rory's Story Cubes at the airport over the holidays.  There are Batman and Moomin versions for sale out there too.   :o Who knew.  (Now that I think about it, I should have bought the Moomin dice in Norway while I was waiting for my flight.)  Any way, I got them thinking I would use them for my own writing exercises each month.  Roll the dice, come up with a short story or something using what the dice rolled.  It occurred to me that it could also be used for kind of a photo set of the month deal.  If folks were interested, we could submit photos to tell the entire story, a photo to represent the face of a particular die, or whatever folks decide upon. 

I'm put this up more as an idea for everyone to build upon.  And if someone else wants to take care of the dice rolling, you should be able to find Rory's Story Dice in most gaming stores, Target/Wal-Mart, and of course Amazon.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 01:40:13 pm »
Had to look them up as never heard of Rory's. Sounds like a pictorial variation on AdLib in reverse. But, I'm not clear how this might work here. Could you elaborate on your ideas?

Edit: what I mean is, do you envision each player doing their own thing with their own dice or results of one throw posted here with time limit for players to respond with their own story and Photo?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:44:53 pm by Selkii »

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 02:18:10 pm »
I was thinking about it as someone throws the dice for the month and posts what we have to work with.  That month is spent by folks either trying to create a photo for each die face shown, an individual die face, a full story, what have you.

So more that latter of what you are saying than the former.  But if folks like the former idea, we each post the results of our own throw and our creation would work as well.  New year, new idea and all.  Given how even the picture of a word slowly dwindled to 2-3 photos I'm not sure how well this will work out in the long run.  Or if this just give the older word of the month a shot in the arm.

Spikeycat2

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Plus+: Spikeycat2
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 03:51:00 pm »
I had to look them up too! I would love to participate in something like this if enough people want to do it. If we were to go with the dice idea I suggest you do the rolling as you have them already

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:54 pm »
So, now you've got the three of us. Why don't we give it a test spin. Wily, you throw the dice and we can go from there. I don't mind buying the dice, but more than one of us throwing could add a unnecessary layer to the logistics.

Meanwhile, when I have time later, I'm going to read up on the rules since this is new to me.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 04:58:51 pm »
Sure.  I'll create a new post in the photo sub-board for this tonight/tomorrow.  We haven't exactly agreed upon what we are going to take photos of so, leave it open ended with all possible options?

*Edit*
So looking at the dice again, there are 9 total dice.  I'll upload the photo I just took of the box + whatever the dice was showing when I opened it. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:04:24 pm by wilyone »