Author Topic: Any ideas to rejuvenate the forum?  (Read 6944 times)

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
Any ideas to rejuvenate the forum?
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »
I was just moving all the games that haven't had new posts on them into the Out to Pasture section - and it didn't leave many active ones left! Supernauts will be heading there too in a month or so.

Are there any games that are being played by more than a few people that would warrant its own board?

It's a shame that the forum has gone so quiet over the last few months so if anyone has any thoughts on new boards covering new topics that might inject some new life into the forum do let me know and I'll get them set up.

It would definitely be sad to see Mojo Farm disappear altogether after all these years.
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
Re: Any ideas to rejuvenate the forum?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:54:08 pm »
This has been on my mind for a while as well and I hope something comes along to boost participation. Nothing on my end, unfortunately, has caught my eye like WR or HS did in the past.

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Plus+: Mangoness
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:00:40 am »
Wish I could help with this situation, because I feel your pain about loving a site & it slipping just a little bit.

Unfortunately most of the games I play are single player which are not many, and the one I do play that is multiplayer is Yahtzee with Buddies which is probably not what your looking for.  Plus I admit to the dark side & play my PS4 all the time.  So many of mobile games have lost my interest & they repeat the concept of a game, but with different graphics.   Also less Game Center & more Facebook connections to play a game which I find totally sucky.

I keep hoping for a new win game to play with others.  Although things always slow down during the holidays so there's that too.

Spikeycat2

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Plus+: Spikeycat2
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:33:13 am »
I would also be very sad to lose mojo farm. Nothing much has inspired me since the demise of WR. I don't want to spend large amounts of time on a game that eventually gets shut down. I enjoy the photography section but its hard when not many are taking part. My brain is ticking over trying to think of anything that would inspire people. Mojo farm is too precious to lose, there has to be something!

SueSue530

• “Cat Herder”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: SueSue530
  • Plus+: SueSue530
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »
I have been among the MIA.  I don't want to lose touch with the gang so will be trying to make a concerted effort to check in and post more.  There are too many great folks out here to let Mojo Farm slip away.
Plus ID/Game Center ID: SueSue530

Playing DragonVale World.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 10:47:12 am »
I was hoping the new HS, Pirate Power, would be finally released and drive some more forum activity.  Happy Street is basically the most active sub-board right now.

We are a pretty niche group.  Clash of the clans was not quite up our alley and those types of PvP games is what is driving the multi-player iOS market. 

Is there any interest in asynchronous games?  We can't all participate in the same game, but we could spawn discussion on the finer points of the game.

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »
Haha the only one I'm playing at the moment from that category is Trivia Crack. Not sure there are many fine points to that particular one. Win or lose. I'm a sucker for general knowledge quizzes though.

If there are any others that a few of us are playing we can definitely give it a board to play with. If it doesn't get much use it can always be moved into a child folder.

Maybe that's what we need to do...create more boards even for the lesser played games and see if it gets people talking.

SueSue530

• “Cat Herder”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: SueSue530
  • Plus+: SueSue530
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 07:03:40 pm »
I am playing Wordbrain....finally up to Rat level.
Plus ID/Game Center ID: SueSue530

Playing DragonVale World.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:55 am »
Well, I've only got Words w/friends going.  I'm not really playing Ticket to Ride online, but I guess I could if more of us are playing.  Those were the only ideas I had aside from asking when Pirate Power would be released.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 12:17:49 am »
From the very start I confessed I was never a social gamer. WR changed that. There has not been another game like it since. I've tried to find one, even playing the games you all were playing, but just couldn't get into them. I kept thinking, at least we had the forum.

If this forum fades into the sunset, I swear, like Marley's ghost, I will haunt all of you! Ok... it will be more like spam emails, but you get the drift. I don't let go of good friends easily.
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 03:40:08 am »
Hehe we have been warned!

Is there anything anyone would like to see here besides games? The other topics worked well for a while - books, photos etc.

Snookiecasula

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Snookiecasula
  • Plus+: Snookiecasula
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 12:34:41 pm »
Sorry, I have been MIA as well. I was playing Sunken Secrets for a while and that was super fun, but the crafting in that became too tedious. I just downloaded Country Friends and will see how that goes. I miss We Rule. :'(
Playing Clash of Kings K#1036, SuperCity and Animal Crossing.

FrogPad

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: FrogPad
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 07:44:51 pm »
I know I've been absent for some time as well.  A game I started that I see a few from MF on is Paradise Bay.

Aberfitchjr

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Android username: Aberfitchjr
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: Aberfitchjr
  • Plus+: Aberfitchjr
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
Hehe we have been warned!

Is there anything anyone would like to see here besides games? The other topics worked well for a while - books, photos etc.

How about something fitness related???

We could post useful Information and keep track with one another here on forums and through myfitnesspal ...

Since 2016 is around the Corner I think it will be a good time to help out those who want to put Fitness and their Health on their list for 2016 and make it a Serious Commitment & Lifestyle Change  ^-^

I have a wealth of knowledge In Health & Fitness since Medicine is my Life although Unique circumstances has put my Interventional Training in hiatus...  however I am extremely passionate about the "Fitness Lifestyle"   :))

CALL IT MF Fitness  8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:48:57 pm by Aberfitchjr »

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:35 am »
The H&F thread sounds like a great idea. I have previously participated in and benefitted from such a forum.

Will check out Country Friends.
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain