Author Topic: Read for Free  (Read 1607 times)

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
Read for Free
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:30:38 am »
Let us know of any good eBooks that are currently available as free downloads
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
Re: Read for Free
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:29:30 am »
Hm .. feels like I've been hawking for other forums/sites as of late ...
mobileread.com is where I used to go for information on eReaders and e-books.  They have a sub-forum devoted to Deals, Freebies, and Resources.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

While having a list here is good too, we don't have the same amount of folks devoted to looking for deals and freebies.  Back when it was a hot new series to read, they listed a deal for up the Hunger Games trilogy.  It cost for less than a frou frou espresso drink from Starbucks.

frostysmama

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Frostysmama
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:23:14 pm »
BookBub sends you a list of deals daily, not many books are totally free but they are .99 to 2.99.
If you have a Nook, Barnes and Noble has a free Friday selection every Friday.  I have gotten a couple of those, you just have to catch it when they have something you're interested in.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 04:27:16 pm »
Am presently reading a fun book gotten for free through Bubbub BookBub and downloaded as a Kindle ebook from Amazon - "More Ketchup Than Salsa" by Joe Cawley. For anyone who enjoyed Peter Mayle's series on living in Provence, it is of that genre This one has two, young, British couples buying a bar on Tenerife with no idea how to run it nor knowing how to speak Spanish. I'm half way through and it is still entertaining me.

Although not free, but since I mentioned Mayle - I love his Sam Levitt mystery series, always with a funny, lighthearted plot: "The Vintage Caper"; "The Marseilles Caper"; and "The Corsican Caper."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:48:27 am by Selkii »
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:46 am »
 Today another in the Bubba mystery series popped up as a free offering. Read one in the series and loved it. Hoping this one is as enjoyable.

http://www.amazon.com/Bubba-12-Deadly-Days-Christmas-ebook/dp/B004ZLRW6K?_bbid=1442368&_bbtype=blog
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain