Author Topic: How-to : Prevent your children from accessing bad stuff  (Read 6013 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
How-to : Prevent your children from accessing bad stuff
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
We've got alot of games out right now and more coming every week that you all as parents naturally may not want your children gaining access to. I'm going to outline real quick how to prevent the kiddies from getting into games like infinity blade 2 and grand theft auto (amongst others).

All games actually have a age rating, you generally see it when you download it, the app store especially likes to remind you that your about to access +17 games and the like. Here is a step by step set of instructions on how to lock them out.

1. Go into Settings on your device.
2. Go into General.

3. Go into Restrictions.
4. Tap 'Enable Restrictions' and set a password that is different from the one you use to lock your device (if you do that).

5. In the 'Allowed Content' section is everything that interests you but for the sake of this thread you want to go into Apps.

In the App's section you can choose what age rating apps require the restrictions password to access. Removing the check mark on 17+ for example will lock out grand theft auto 3. Feel free to restrict you device to your comfort level and then go back into 'allowed content' section where you can lock music ratings, movies, tv shows, this is also where you can make your device prompt for a password on every single iap purchase.

Enjoy :)

marleneZ

• Tailor
    • View Profile
    • Fribble
  • Plus+: marlenez
Re: How-to : Prevent your children from accessing bad stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:29:54 pm »
Great advice, thanks so much Taeles - extra cookies for you.

chance681

• “A Bonne Chance”
    • View Profile
    • S.H.A.R.E.
  • Device: iPhone 6 Plus
  • Plus+: chance681
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:34:13 pm »
Thanks for this...I don't have kids but shared it for those who do ;)

Games

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • Android Games Guide
  • Android username: Games
  • Device: iPhone 3GS
  • Game Center: Games
  • Plus+: Games
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:57:50 pm »
This one million question... and now another question popped up. How I Prevent my boyfriend from accessing bad stuff?

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »
This one million question... and now another question popped up. How I Prevent my boyfriend from accessing bad stuff?

Define bad stuff. You could technically lock out music, movies, apps, app purchases entirely behind a password by following the above instructions and doing so would prevent your boyfriend from using your idevice as anything other than a paper weight :)