Author Topic: Website Suggestions & Bugs  (Read 8199 times)

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
Website Suggestions & Bugs
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:04:04 am »
S U G G E S T I O N S

If you have any suggestions for the forum or gallery regarding new features or improvements please post them in this thread. Additionally if you notice any bugs let me know and I will look into them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:47:05 am by one337 »

itslivo

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • iRevival - Affordable iPhone, iPod & iPad Repair
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: itslivo
  • Plus+: itslivo, itsalsolivo
Re: Website Suggestions & Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:44:07 pm »
Just curious if this forum supports the TouchBB, Tapatalk, etc. apps from the App Store? Those are the only 2 I know of in the app store, but they would make the forum awesome on the iPhone.
Currently Playing: Clash of Clans

Gamecenter IDs (yes, 2 of them) :itslivo & iRevivalRepairs

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:47:52 am »
Just curious if this forum supports the TouchBB, Tapatalk, etc. apps from the App Store? Those are the only 2 I know of in the app store, but they would make the forum awesome on the iPhone.
Once everything is up an running I will look into this.

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:48:48 am »
I am aware that sometimes you may come across this error:

Warning: require(/home/content/16/6704916/html/forum/cache/data_6958eda327043be91975dbac3209cebf-SMF-modSettings.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/16/6704916/html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2699

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/16/6704916/html/forum/cache/data_6958eda327043be91975dbac3209cebf-SMF-modSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/16/6704916/html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2699

If you do, simply refresh the page. I will try to find the problem and a fix as soon as possible.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:57:55 am »
Suggestion:

Make "Website Info, Suggestions, & Bugs" its own forum (or subforum under "Other"), so that each separate topic/issue can have its own thread.

Announcements and FAQs about the site/forum could go there.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:20 pm »
Bug?

When I post to a thread using the REPLY button (as opposed to the quick-reply box), after posting I get sent back to the list of threads. Expected behavior is to go to the end of the the thread being posted in, where you can view the post just made.

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:03:02 pm »
Bug?

When I post to a thread using the REPLY button (as opposed to the quick-reply box), after posting I get sent back to the list of threads. Expected behavior is to go to the end of the the thread being posted in, where you can view the post just made.
Actually a feature of the forum, but I'm guessing it can be changed if enough people don't like it.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »
Bug?

You can actually change that setting in your profile settings:

Go to your profile page>click on Modify Profile>Look and Layout>Then check the box "Return to topics after posting by default."

Enjoy!  ;)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:41 pm »
Feature request:

Is it possible to either change or add to the default smileys in the editor. The current ones are very small, and we don't have a LOL smiley.

If they can be changed, I would suggest using the smileys we had on the old forum, or perhaps ones from this genre (I can get more if that is desired):

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:12:05 pm »
Bug?

Actually a feature of the forum, but I'm guessing it can be changed if enough people don't like it.

Go to your profile page>click on Modify Profile>Look and Layout>Then check the box "Return to topics after posting by default."
Oh, good to know! I'll go try it now. :)

Is it possible to set that as the default for new accounts?

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 12:27:37 pm »
Bug?

Oh, good to know! I'll go try it now. :)

Is it possible to set that as the default for new accounts?
It's possible, I will see if Alex wants to change that setting for new accounts or just have people choose that option on their own.  I'll let you know...  ;)

Elbak

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: kable710
  • Plus+: Elbak
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
I have checked the setting "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting any notifications. I'm using yahoo and I checked my spam folder. Any ideas?

Main Realmers                               ELM                         Dragon Slayers?                 Necromancer's Lairs

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 12:34:12 pm »
Returning to post after posting is now default.

Regarding notifications I think I turned them off for posts to avoid spam as there have been cases of people on my hosting getting suspended due to the issue. I will talk to the hosting provider and if everything is ok turn them back on.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 12:41:36 pm »
I have checked the setting "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting any notifications. I'm using yahoo and I checked my spam folder. Any ideas?
Hmmm...mine work.  It sometimes can take a few minutes after someone post that I receive the notification email.  :) Or are you talking about the actual pop-up notification like what you can set to do for a new PM?

jj-ko

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: jj-ko
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 12:48:04 pm »
Alex, you posted on the old forums, regarding the post count....

Yeah ill see if its possible to change the post count, possibly for the top 25 posters.

If not I will give them all a special rank Very Happy

any chance to make that?

;D
JJ-KO
level 4x - blue crystals