Author Topic: Castaway Paradise (now available Worldwide!)  (Read 42702 times)

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
Castaway Paradise (now available Worldwide!)
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:03:21 pm »
(Edit: now available worldwide. Download from App Store)

Castaway Paradise simulates life on a beautiful island populated by quirky villagers. It's basically Animal Crossing meets Harvest Moon. There are a lot of things to do and an ever increasing number of items to play with.

Features:
Fully 3d animated graphics
Decorate your very own island
Customize your character
Thousand+ items to collect and use, and decorate with!
Befriend the quirky villagers
Farm, fish, catch bugs, gaze at the stars, earn money, collect, plant trees do whatever you like!

Check out our development at www.facebook.com/stolencouchgames

The game will be localized to other languages! Japanese being the first.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92883175

They submitted the beta to Apple.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:04:11 am by ukhippo »

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
Re: Castaway Paradise (CA)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:33:20 am »
Wow it looks interesting.  Thanks for posting. I wonder how customizable it is and what you have to do to earn coins? Is it just farming and collecting resources or is there more to it than that?  Hopefully not long until we find out.
Today's signature is a sponsored announcement from  Bankai44:
"He practically lives here and doesn't bathe, can you guess who?"

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
    • Galleries for M-F Photo Challenges:)
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: zombellayaya
  • Plus+: zombellayaya
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:53 pm »
This one looks promising...

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:35 pm »
I updated the OP with info, images and video.  I for one, am excited for this 'public beta' to release in Canada so that I can try it out.  It looks really good and since I can't afford a 3DS and play AC on that...this looks like a excellent alternative.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »
Castaway Paradise is also being integrated with Facebook.

Q.A. from Steam Community

Q.  Will we be able to make our own furniture?
A.  No, but you will be able to get exclusive furniture from traveling merchants who visit the island only on specific times and dates.

Q. Will there be in-game calendar and special events scheduled like in Harvest Moon? Like new year party, tomato throwing and those kind of festivals in the town where you can participate and win the prize?
A.  Yes. There will be multiple events per week. And often there will be seasonal events which last for a few days.

Q. Can you gather your plants and buy other needed ingrediants from shop to cook your own food like in Harvest Moon?
A.  There will be a simplistic cooking component. For example: Get 5 large tomatoes and 5 water and you get tomato soup.

Q. I heard that the game is now turned into Free-to-Play, so can you still earn everything from in-game and not pay? Or is paid content only cosmetic? If not, I hope they're just some money boost or skill boost or something like that and not the whole exclusive gathering tools or exclusive ingredient or stuff like that.
A.  You can do everything in the game without paying a dime. However if you pay just a little bit you get exclusive items, useful and decorative. Our guess is that if you want to pay, you will likely still pay less than you would have if the game was been a premium game.

Q.  Is it co-op?
A.  In the future you will be able to visit each others island and play together.

Q.Can you chose your gender? I saw different hair styles, but it looked like the character was always male, or can you be a chick?
A.  YES! You can be a female as well. Males and females have unique hair styles and clothing.

Q.Would you ever do anything like a DLC season pass to just get (or rather pay for) the full micropayment stuff upfront, essentially just paying for the game rather than making it a free to play game?
A.  We are planning a subscription. If you subscribe you get free currency each time you play and you get exclusive items.

Q.Is there enough gameplay to play on a continuous level? Too many games lately have made a cut where you end up logging off to wait for crops to finish for instance. Will players be able to play as long as they want without restriction? (such as energy)
A.We are following this tradition, however each piece of equipment has its own energy. This means that when your watering can is out of water you can just continue with your fishing rod etc. The game never becomes unplayable.

Q.I noticed from a recent screenshot you posted of the game an experience bar and level at the top. What exactly would levels do for you?

A.Leveling up allows you to wield more advanced items, like a watering can that gives 5 water instead of 1. Also you unlock more parts of the island and are able to buy more items.

Q.2. You've mentioned a multiplayer aspect, but is it going to be like other F2P games, where you visit someone, do a couple tasks to assist them, and then come home. Or will it be an actual cooperative experience where you play the actual game alongside a friend?
A.2 types: a) complete simultaneous multiplayer with a friend. b) visit a friends' island even if the other player is offline. So you can check out their island, go shop, water plants, cut down trees etc.

Q.3. Will the world be a sort of sandbox where you can move trees, plants, bushes, and buildings? Or will things be more set in the world like harvest moon?

A.Buildings are fixed, so is the geometry. Everything else is yours to fiddle with :). Plant trees,flowers,plants. Erect fences, statues. We have hundreds of items to use :)

Snookiecasula

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Snookiecasula
  • Plus+: Snookiecasula
Re: Castaway Paradise (Canada public beta coming soon)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »
I love Animal Crossing! Must try it when it comes out. :D
Playing Clash of Kings K#1036, SuperCity and Animal Crossing.

Eric

• Stolen Couch Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:05:52 am »
Hi, this is Eric from Stolen Couch Games. I'm the designer on Castaway Paradise.

I'd be happy to answer all your questions.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:24 am »
Welcome Eric!  I'm very happy you joined the forum.  As I mentioned to you earlier, our members can sometimes bite and have bad odor...just poke them with a stick and they'll leave you alone.  ;D

Wootiecat

• “Formerly Norwoods”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Wootiecat
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:30:35 am »
Hi Eric!  Welcome to the forum.  As a long time Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon play, I'm looking forward to playing the game.  I'm sure if you wanted some more beta testers  you could fine some willing participants here (how that for a subtle hint?).

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:06:44 am »
Welcome to the forum Eric :). Castaway Paradise certainly sounds interesting. I'm impatient for the release.

This is excellent advice for dealing with the forum admin ;). A pro tip is to use the biggest, longest and most sturdy stick you can find:
.....our members can sometimes bite and have bad odor...just poke them with a stick and they'll leave you alone.  ;D

I'll start off with a few questions.

1. Will we be able to play offline?

2. Will players who use different platforms (iOS and Android) be able to play together?

3. Will we be able to play the same account on multiple devices (for example could I play on my iPad and play the same account on my iPhone as well)?

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:25 am »
Welcome to the forum Eric :). Castaway Paradise certainly sounds interesting. I'm impatient for the release.

This is excellent advice for dealing with the forum admin ;). A pro tip is to use the biggest, longest and most sturdy stick you can find:
.....our members can sometimes bite and have bad odor...just poke them with a stick and they'll leave you alone.  ;D

2. Will players who use different platforms (iOS and Android) be able to play together?

3. Will we be able to play the same account on multiple devices (for example could I play on my iPad and play the same account on my iPhone as well)?

Great question!  For me, #3, I would think we can since the game will be integrated with Facebook (which I'm guessing means we can play our game thru Facebook).  So I would think we could play on our mobile devices and then continue on our computers thru Facebook, Eric?  :))

What I'm wondering is can I play on my iPhone, iPad and then switch over to my Android device (or even Facebook on my computer)...

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
    • Galleries for M-F Photo Challenges:)
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: zombellayaya
  • Plus+: zombellayaya
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »
Welcome Eric!  I'm very happy you joined the forum.  As I mentioned to you earlier, our members can sometimes bite and have bad odor...just poke them with a stick and they'll leave you alone.  ;D

Quit trying to get the new guy to poke you with his stick!  ;D

Eric

• Stolen Couch Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:37 am »

No. The game checks with out servers to see if all data is up2date. This is very important to ensure that every player gets the same quality experience.
We are now in the early stages of adding multiplayer. Our goal is to have full cross platform multiplayer. But this is very complex, so I can't promise it.
We use iCloud save files. We also want to add accounts so that you can play on any platform with your save file.

Eric

• Stolen Couch Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:16:55 am »
Here is a new image:

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 06:04:03 am »
Looks interesting. LOL at the character in the chicken hat and he slightly sinister looking penguin ;D. It's a very top down view. Are you able to view your village from a different angle?