Author Topic: **READ FIRST POST PLEASE*** Add Me & Introductions! (GC,FB,FORUM NAME,ANDROID)  (Read 74958 times)

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Android username: tuathla
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: hivechild
  • Plus+: hivechild
***LIST IS NO LONGER MANAGED BY ANYONE***

Our little Happy Street community is growing at a fast and furious rate, so we've decided to create a new list for members to share their IDs so they can find and add new neighbors.

Here's how it works.

First, go here to our Submission Form to be added to the list.

Next, go check out the Participant's List.

If you are new here, welcome and introduce yourself so we can get to know a little about you!

If you encounter any problems or have any questions, please PM me.

(*Note: The list needs some refinement so bear with me in the next few days as I get to it when I have time! :))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:38:53 pm by Ninja12129 »
Please PM me before sending a request through GC or Android so I know who you are! Thanks. :)
 "Puddy cat, puddy cat, what do you hear, to cause that irrational twitch of your ear?" 
"I hear the lullaby Mother cat croons, to the play-weary kittens on Jupiter's moon."

Rizuchan

• "RizUnicorn"
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Android username: Rizuchan
  • Device: Android phone
Re: **READ FIRST POST PLEASE*** Add Me & Introductions!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »
Thanks, Hive. I'm in! ^^
☆BRING ALL SHEEPS TO THE YARD☆

ME AND MY SHEEP ARE HIBERNATING

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this Hivechild. It should make things much easier from now on.  :)

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this Hivechild. It should make things much easier from now on.  :)

Fingers crossed. ;) I've still got more to do but it works for now!
Please PM me before sending a request through GC or Android so I know who you are! Thanks. :)
 "Puddy cat, puddy cat, what do you hear, to cause that irrational twitch of your ear?" 
"I hear the lullaby Mother cat croons, to the play-weary kittens on Jupiter's moon."

midgetgirl05

• “Mental Midget”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Midgetgirl05
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »
Looks pretty darned good!!

I would only add that for Game Center you might want to add a "Real Name" section since the real name is what shows up in the Game Center "Friend Request" :-)

midgetgirl05

• “Mental Midget”
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »
Is there any way to make it "Auto Sort" into alphabetical order by forum name??

Otherwise....its going to be a loooooooot of work to try and find someone quickly if you don't have a "find" function.....like...if you are on your safari web browser on the ipad :-P

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »

I would only add that for Game Center you might want to add a "Real Name" section since the real name is what shows up in the Game Center "Friend Request" :-)

It does, but it also shows the username when you click on the request (without having to accept it). I know that a lot of people value their privacy and would rather not have their real names displayed on a publicly available list. If you want to include your real name, you can just put it in the comments field. :)

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »

Otherwise....its going to be a loooooooot of work to try and find someone quickly if you don't have a "find" function.....like...if you are on your safari web browser on the ipad :-P

Yes, it's something I'll get to tomorrow when I have to create my big, ugly and complicated function that also filters out duplicate entries. I'll tie it all in together to get all the big, ugly, complicated functions out of the way in one hit. ;)

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:44:36 pm »

Yes, it's something I'll get to tomorrow when I have to create my big, ugly and complicated function that also filters out duplicate entries. I'll tie it all in together to get all the big, ugly, complicated functions out of the way in one hit. ;)

Once you have it sorted it out, we'll replace the old "add me" thread with this one. Let us know when you're ready. ;) :)

midgetgirl05

• “Mental Midget”
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:45:25 pm »

Aaaaah ok good point on the names. I hadn't realized that originally. But yes, true true.

And thank goodness on sorting...lol. I was just looking at it and my brain was already hurting just at the thought of trying to scan through it visibly lol

giaguara

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Giaguara
  • Plus+: giaguara
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

You can edit the real name from the default invite before you send it. please edit the default invite before you send it! like include your nickname on forum (or what you would be recognized as), and please also add a note when adding new people that you found them from mojo-farm and play Happy Street. (the boards are getting do popular it will make it easier)

stickymice

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • I'm a graphic designer too!
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: stickymice
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
This is great, thanks so much for doing this!

____
I am not accepting any more friend requests, sorry -- too many as it is!

Cosette2287

• “Crazy Old Goat”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Cosette2287
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »
This is a great idea !  However, I tried to open up the submission page and it freezes my iPad.  Is it being worked on right now?

Hi, my name is Lynn....and I am addicted to Happy Street and MJ forums...It's been 10 days....ok 10 minutes...since I last played Happy Street.  I just couldn't help myself...poopy was flying overhead and all those villagers to....decorate... Hehe!!

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »

Aaaaah ok good point on the names. I hadn't realized that originally. But yes, true true.

And thank goodness on sorting...lol. I was just looking at it and my brain was already hurting just at the thought of trying to scan through it visibly lol

Yeah, I meant to make it sort earlier but got completely sidetracked, so tomorrow! :)

Also, you can set up a bookmarklet to find stuff on a page in Safari on your IPad or iPod.

First, create a bookmark in your bookmark bar named FindStuff or whatever, then tap on the little book icon and edit. Tap of the > next to the FindStuff bookmark and on the second line under the name, delete the web address that is there and replace it with this:

Code:
Only registered users can see the following content. Please click here to Register or Login.
Easy!

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 08:57:33 pm »
This is a great idea !  However, I tried to open up the submission page and it freezes my iPad.  Is it being worked on right now?

No, I'm not working on it and just opened the page without any concerns. Let me know if you continue having problems.