Author Topic: Trips and Vacations  (Read 27439 times)

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
Re: Trips and Vacations
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 07:18:07 am »
Thanks HC. It was a busy and tiring week with work and march break but its definitely worth it, when you see the excitement on their faces. The 4 year old was more involved but my 2 year old enjoyed it as well. The only problem was the little one wanted to ride the dinosaurs.  ;D

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Android username: tuathla
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: hivechild
  • Plus+: hivechild
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 07:37:12 am »
Thanks HC. It was a busy and tiring week with work and march break but its definitely worth it, when you see the excitement on their faces. The 4 year old was more involved but my 2 year old enjoyed it as well. The only problem was the little one wanted to ride the dinosaurs.  ;D

The 2 year old in all of us wants to ride dinosaurs.
Please PM me before sending a request through GC or Android so I know who you are! Thanks. :)
 "Puddy cat, puddy cat, what do you hear, to cause that irrational twitch of your ear?" 
"I hear the lullaby Mother cat croons, to the play-weary kittens on Jupiter's moon."

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Selkiii
  • Plus+: Selkii
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:35 am »

The 2 year old in all of us wants to ride dinosaurs.
The umpty-ump (mumbled) wants to, too.

And, Ninja, whaddya mean not a history lesson?! Dinosaurs are the ultimate lesson! Thank you for sharing such a fabulous exhibit!
Visit Selkii's Flickr Photostream

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

jjfatcat

• "Super Golden Shower Freak"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 11:51:17 am »
Ninja - It's always fun to see dinosaur exhibits and those pictures from your visit with your family are great. I'm content with just imagining what it would have been like to live amongst those huge, roaring, omnivores and ginormous herbivores, and did I mention big animals.  ;)

Supernauts, Word Chums

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 04:08:58 pm »
Favorite photos of my Canadian retreat (where I am right now  ;D )

West coast of Vancouver Island on Strait of Juan de Fuca. This is high tide looking toward the Pacific Ocean. Our house is barely visible at the far right of the bluff among the trees and shadows. We are about 25 feet above sea level and there is a gentle path leading from the house to the other half of the beach, hidden by the large rock which is about 10 feet high (just to give perspective). When the tide is out, there are fascinating tidal pools, but, then, there is a sharp drop-off. I once was lucky enough to see a grey whale come up between the far left rocks while feeding in the kelp beds.

In summer, this is where I spend most of the time with my iPad, a good book, the spotter scope and, of course, a glass of wine.

Sheringham Lighthouse - located just down the coast from us; love hearing the fog horn when everything is hidden, especially at night. The misty land in the distance of this and the previous photo is the State of Washington, vast stretches of the Olympic National Park.

“If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff." ~ Jim Richardson, NatGeo photographer

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
    • Galleries for M-F Photo Challenges:)
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: zombellayaya
  • Plus+: zombellayaya
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »
Selkii. that looks LOVELY and PEACEFUL!! I'll be there for coffee in the morning... ;D

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »
I wanted to add multiple thank you's for the photos Selkii.
Totally envious of you. I could sit and look at that view for days on end, weeks.

And you get Internet too...Shangri La has been found!
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »
I wanted to add multiple thank you's for the photos Selkii.
Totally envious of you. I could sit and look at that view for days on end, weeks.

And you get Internet too...Shangri La has been found!
Until last year, all we had was dial up, so I would be off line from most of my activities for as long as we were here -- and no wireless or iDevices. TV was satellite that went out every time it rained, which is does all the time in the winter. But, last March, we got glorious cable TV & internet! Now I never want to leave! When we first arrived, we had 1 TV station if the wind was in the right direction and a 4-party telephone. It was years before we even had the dial up. For a computer consultant and web designer, that was a big sacrifice, but this place is worth it 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:57:24 pm by Selkii »

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:17 pm »
Cody, I'll put the coffee on and will bake for you, too!

jjfatcat

• "Super Golden Shower Freak"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »
Selkii, what a glorious view you get to enjoy at the start/during/end of your day. No wonder your posts are always so thoughtful, with surroundings like that it makes me go "aah" just gazing at it. Beautiful!

Supernauts, Word Chums

Snookiecasula

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Snookiecasula
  • Plus+: Snookiecasula
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:40 pm »
Selkii, what a beautiful place! It does look like a wonderful spot to curl up with a book.
Playing Clash of Kings K#1036, SuperCity and Animal Crossing.

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38:52 pm »
More Pacific Northwest photos

The drive up here takes me around the Hood Canal; I love it in the winter - no tourists, no traffic

Taken from the top of our bluff across to the Olympics 

First photo w new telephoto lens - Olympic Mountains

One of my first jobs when I get here is (supposed to be  ::) ) washing the salt spray off the windows.
Moth licking salt at my kitchen window.

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: imaidenphone
  • Plus+: iMaiden
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »
I am really enjoying your amazing photos as well as your posts, Selkii. Thank you.
Goodbye We Rule!

Selkii

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 09:59:38 pm »
I am really enjoying your amazing photos as well as your posts, Selkii. Thank you.
Thank you. I'm so enamored of this place -- and always feel so blessed to even be here -- I am always afraid of going overboard in my enthusiasm. I get excited just seeing the first rufus-sided hummingbird of the season, or when the lastest yearling eagle (the nest is just a bit up the coast from us) starts his "daily commutes" on his (or her) own, or a moth lands on my kitchen window to lap up salt. I have to pinch myself. It isn't everyone's cup of tea, but, for my husband and myself, it is as close to paradise we'll get in this world.

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 07:39:14 am »
Your enthusiasm becomes our enthusiasm. Personally I'd be happy to see a whole gallery of photos. Glad the new gear is earning its keep. The long lens shot of the mountains is great.

That kind of scenery and retreat is exactly my cup of tea. More so than...than a cup of tea!
Keep 'em coming.
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.