Author Topic: In this thread, dragon slayers lurk... (aka the skyrim thread!)  (Read 42423 times)

Baublehunt

• “MY FAVORITE”
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Plus+: Baublehunt
Re: My social life is over (aka skyrim is out)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 10:28:20 am »
...I'll be going the stormcloak route myself...
Worked my up to level 5 last night while retrieving the 'fragment' for Jork...  (Ya SEE?  I canNOT remember these silly, made up, random names!)  Anyway, I think I'm going to go the 'Empire rules all' route and be a Battledudette.  I'll watch my 6 in case you're sneaking up on me to 'off' me and release any prisoners I may be marching around.  ;)

Protip : When leveling your lockpicking note that all doors in all towns periodically re-lock so are completely farmable.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I KNOW I'm interested.  Dustman's Cairn was a looong cave that had 3 intriguing and very locked chests in it that I went through about 20 picks to try to open before running out.  I never did get in them.  Now, my curiosity is KILLING me!!  I'm such a girl, but one of my favorite things about playing these games is finding treasures.  I want to get WAY better at picking locks.  What do you mean by "farmable" in regard to the door locks?  Do you mean that the doors/chests I've already picked will 're-stock' themselves after I've leveled up my lock picking skills?  That'd be cool.

...Also of note, the level cap in this game as I've read is currently 80. At 80 you have maxed out all your skills. I don't believe you can choose all perks in all skills in the game so choose afew combat ones of your choice, choose your armor type and pick a profession. Max those then see whats left later on down the road. I had a friend who didn't know about the 80 cap and at 62 he told me he had just about leveled every crafting profession to max skill.

Agreed.  I think since I'm going to be a Battledudette, I'm going to concentrate on Heavy Armor, One handed sword, with a little bit of Destructive Magicka in there. 
I WILL BE RULER OF THE WORLD!!!  MUAH HA HA HA HA!!

[...runs off, waving her sword in circles over her head, screaming like a banshee, making all living thing's hair stand up on end.]

Baublehunt

• “MY FAVORITE”
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 10:37:15 am »
I have always considered myself to be a solidly solo adventurer in these open ended games....

...By the end of the quest he's all bloody and I've been laughing my entire way across ecause I can abuse him all I like knowing he can't die because he's important and I can do everything from set him on fire to put him in traps to shoot arrows in him and he won't die heehee!

Heh, heh, heh...  In spite of your fluffy image, you have a real firey streak in you, Taeles!!!  Me too. 

Vicktorus (?) was driving me nutz while trying to sneak around on those narrow bridges in Dustman's cairn.  I giggled when I was able to push him off the bridge to get by.  I may be able to go around setting them on fire, or blowing them up in no time like you pretty soon if they keep this up.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
...I'll be going the stormcloak route myself...
Worked my up to level 5 last night while retrieving the 'fragment' for Jork...  (Ya SEE?  I canNOT remember these silly, made up, random names!)  Anyway, I think I'm going to go the 'Empire rules all' route and be a Battledudette.  I'll watch my 6 in case you're sneaking up on me to 'off' me and release any prisoners I may be marching around.  ;)

My stealth tree is so near fleshed out now you definitely will not see me coming. I challenge myself with my archery and often shoot targets from so far away that I have to target almost half an inch above them due to gravity heh. Epic sniper, am I.

Protip : When leveling your lockpicking note that all doors in all towns periodically re-lock so are completely farmable.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I KNOW I'm interested.  Dustman's Cairn was a looong cave that had 3 intriguing and very locked chests in it that I went through about 20 picks to try to open before running out.  I never did get in them.  Now, my curiosity is KILLING me!!  I'm such a girl, but one of my favorite things about playing these games is finding treasures.  I want to get WAY better at picking locks.  What do you mean by "farmable" in regard to the door locks?  Do you mean that the doors/chests I've already picked will 're-stock' themselves after I've leveled up my lock picking skills?  That'd be cool.
[/quote]

When you pick a door lock the following night when the owner of the house goes to bed they will lock the door again and you can re-pick it. Good for farming(leveling) your lockpicking skill. Regarding display cases, they too will re-lock themselves but there seems to be abit longer of a delay. A couple days of ingame time near as I can tell. My lock picking skill is up around 76 right now and skill gain is so slow that I can truthfully tell you the best way to level at this point is to buy every lock pick from every vendor every time you enter any town and find a lock and just keep breaking your pick. When you break a lock pick you always gain a bit of lock picking skill and at 76 I (sadly) am gaining MORE skill from breaking my lock picks than from successfully lock picking.

Protip : When you approach a expert or master lock save before hand and if you go through too many picks (5 is too many for me in most cases) load that save and do it again.

...Also of note, the level cap in this game as I've read is currently 80. At 80 you have maxed out all your skills. I don't believe you can choose all perks in all skills in the game so choose afew combat ones of your choice, choose your armor type and pick a profession. Max those then see whats left later on down the road. I had a friend who didn't know about the 80 cap and at 62 he told me he had just about leveled every crafting profession to max skill.

Agreed.  I think since I'm going to be a Battledudette, I'm going to concentrate on Heavy Armor, One handed sword, with a little bit of Destructive Magicka in there. 

[...runs off, waving her sword in circles over her head, screaming like a banshee, making all living thing's hair stand up on end.]
[/quote]

-pats bauble on the head and shares cookies-

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:58 pm »
I have always considered myself to be a solidly solo adventurer in these open ended games....

...By the end of the quest he's all bloody and I've been laughing my entire way across ecause I can abuse him all I like knowing he can't die because he's important and I can do everything from set him on fire to put him in traps to shoot arrows in him and he won't die heehee!

Heh, heh, heh...  In spite of your fluffy image, you have a real firey streak in you, Taeles!!!  Me too. 

Vicktorus (?) was driving me nutz while trying to sneak around on those narrow bridges in Dustman's cairn.  I giggled when I was able to push him off the bridge to get by.  I may be able to go around setting them on fire, or blowing them up in no time like you pretty soon if they keep this up.

Never ever forget your force (push) shout once you learn how to use it. Its soooooo much fun with companion npcs such as vick. I love going into a merchants house at night and while he's asleep I stand in one corner of his shop room and force shout. It blows absolutely everything all across everywhere heehee. I went into dragonreach palace in whiterun one time and did the force shout from the 'head seat' spot of those dining tables, sent food and plates flying to the upper level... and pissed absolutely everyone off in the palace :P

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 02:07:16 am »
Productive evening for me.

. Aduin, first born of the god akasha and centuries ago tyrant ruler of the mortal races is now one seriously dead dragon. The blades refuse to count me among them unless I kill Aduins former right hand dragon but that dragon rebelled against Adiun centuries ago freeing the mortal races and has spent this entire game assisting me and training me to be dragon born so I will not be receiving help from the blades ever. Pisses me off, I may just go find the two blade folk and put an arrow in their foreheads if it lets me.

. Rebellion is complete, the only remaining imperials in skyrim are in small camps here and there. I had no desire to get into the rebellion except that the yarl of whiterun refused to let me use his castle as the dragon trap it was designed to be used as unless I got the rebels to back off. I resolved the problem by joining said rebels, stomped the yarl out of whiterun and after I delt with aduin I returned my attention to the imperials. Kicked them out of all the cities they controlled and then assaulted the capital city of skyrim, executed the imperial overseer and that's that.

- ponders what to do next -

Baublehunt

• “MY FAVORITE”
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 12:22:33 am »
My stealth tree is so near fleshed out now you definitely will not see me coming. I challenge myself with my archery and often shoot targets from so far away that I have to target almost half an inch above them due to gravity heh. Epic sniper, am I.

Wow!  I'll have to do that with my bow.  I'm just at level 10 now, but am slowly, but surely creeping up that skill level by sneaking through caves with my bow at the ready.  What level are you now?  Your attention to detail is admirable. 

Speaking of 'sniping'...  How in THEE hail do you kill an ogre?!! I went through my WHOLE inventory trying to find SOMEthing to take the guy out, but I usually just had time to take half a swing before the guy would just BREATH and kill me!!  They're stupid, yeah, but they pack a WHOLLUP of a punch!! Boy HOWdy, that guy killed me dead over, and OVER, and OVER again.  I finally just re-loaded the game and sprinted the heck past him.  I HATE giving up, but I just didn't have anything powerful enough to go up against the big oaf.

Protip : When you approach a expert or master lock save before hand and if you go through too many picks (5 is too many for me in most cases) load that save and do it again.
Oh, sure...  NOW ya tell me.  Heh heh.  I'm kiddin'.  I actually figured out that little trick the next time I was down to like, 2 picks.  I'm not sure I like this style of lock picking better than Oblivion's.  Maybe I just need more practice.

Productive evening for me.

. Aduin, first born of the god akasha and centuries ago tyrant ruler of the mortal races is now one seriously dead dragon. The blades refuse to count me among them unless I kill Aduins former right hand dragon but that dragon rebelled against Adiun centuries ago freeing the mortal races and has spent this entire game assisting me and training me to be dragon born so I will not be receiving help from the blades ever. Pisses me off, I may just go find the two blade folk and put an arrow in their foreheads if it lets me.
Oh MAN!  That'd tick me off too.  See?  This is what is killin' me about this game.  In Oblivion, they always made it clear who the bad guys and good guys were.  Skyrim, not so much.  I'd hate to think I was joining a good cause, only to find out later after many hours of hard work, that I missed out on some good reward, medal, allies - whatever.  I know if I had been offered help from someone like that dragon, I'd say yes in a heartbeat.  It's not fair that you lost out way later because of it.

Rebellion is complete, the only remaining imperials in skyrim are in small camps here and there. I had no desire to get into the rebellion except that the yarl of whiterun refused to let me use his castle as the dragon trap it was designed to be used as unless I got the rebels to back off. I resolved the problem by joining said rebels, stomped the yarl out of whiterun and after I delt with aduin I returned my attention to the imperials. Kicked them out of all the cities they controlled and then assaulted the capital city of skyrim, executed the imperial overseer and that's that.

Wait...  You mean you're DONE?  You mean you're already moving on to the next game?!!  Or, do you mean your just going to explore around for side quests?  Dang!  This game will take me over a year to complete if it's anything like Oblivion.  I'm not a multi-tasker like you, though.  I am just incapable of playing more than one game at a time.  ...it's that obsessive compulsive thing again.   :-[  ...kinda embarrassing. Heh.

- ponders what to do next -
You should just design your own game!  Heck, it'd probably only take you about 10 minutes, give or take a second, or two.   ;)

I'll be leaving late tomorrow night for a week away from my Xbox, but I'll keep checking in on this thread to learn from the master.  8) 

So, just curious, but isn't there ANYone else out there who's also playing this incredible game?  There's just GOTta be!  SAY something, y'all!  Taeles is gonna get bored if it's just me talkin' here!!

-pats bauble on the head and shares cookies-
Tee hee hee.....   

NOM, NOM, NOM... 

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 12:25:23 am »

and as she is running off she trips on her armor and falls....

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 07:11:05 am »
Wow!  I'll have to do that with my bow.  I'm just at level 10 now, but am slowly, but surely creeping up that skill level by sneaking through caves with my bow at the ready.  What level are you now?  Your attention to detail is admirable. 

Speaking of 'sniping'...  How in THEE hail do you kill an ogre?!! I went through my WHOLE inventory trying to find SOMEthing to take the guy out, but I usually just had time to take half a swing before the guy would just BREATH and kill me!!  They're stupid, yeah, but they pack a WHOLLUP of a punch!! Boy HOWdy, that guy killed me dead over, and OVER, and OVER again.  I finally just re-loaded the game and sprinted the heck past him.  I HATE giving up, but I just didn't have anything powerful enough to go up against the big oaf.

My archer is is level 28 and a half at the moment. Archery tree is 2/3rds full and sneak is about the same. Lock picking is at the 75 mark. By ogre I suspect your looking at a giant and getting kicked 30 feet in the air by it anytime the big lug notices you. At your level? Use obstacles to your advantages, run around trees, climb up on rocks, etc. At my level? Three elven arrows flung from a special elven bow I found somewhere in my travels. Care must be taken when hunting a giant as they often 'herd' mammoth elephants and those elephants hit even harder than the giants themselves.

Oh, sure...  NOW ya tell me.  Heh heh.  I'm kiddin'.  I actually figured out that little trick the next time I was down to like, 2 picks.  I'm not sure I like this style of lock picking better than Oblivion's.  Maybe I just need more practice.

Skyrim's lockpicking runs circles around oblivions, they borrowed the game mechanic from fallout 3 and new vegas. I do miss the 'auto attempt' of obivions but there are afew perks in the lockpicking tree that are wicked essential. Theres the one that makes lock picks never 'used up' when you fail a pick attempt. The one that grants extra cash and better chance at 'nice' loot are nice ones. Theres a perk that puts the starting position of your pick very close to the actual sweet spot too. I like lockpicking much more in skyrim :)

Oh MAN!  That'd tick me off too.  See?  This is what is killin' me about this game.  In Oblivion, they always made it clear who the bad guys and good guys were.  Skyrim, not so much.  I'd hate to think I was joining a good cause, only to find out later after many hours of hard work, that I missed out on some good reward, medal, allies - whatever.  I know if I had been offered help from someone like that dragon, I'd say yes in a heartbeat.  It's not fair that you lost out way later because of it.

True but the dilemma of who to work with is also much nicer in this game. With afew exceptions here and there, you really don't have to look at any choice you make as being 'good and bad'. Look at it as 'which do I want this character to do' instead and you'll enjoy yourself much more :)

Wait...  You mean you're DONE?  You mean you're already moving on to the next game?!!  Or, do you mean your just going to explore around for side quests?  Dang!  This game will take me over a year to complete if it's anything like Oblivion.  I'm not a multi-tasker like you, though.  I am just incapable of playing more than one game at a time.  ...it's that obsessive compulsive thing again.     ...kinda embarrassing. Heh.

I've finished with the main main two story arcs but have lots and lots and lots and lots left to do. Bout 30 quests in my journal at the moment and I've barely scratched the surface of things to explore heh. I wish I had your focus to be honest, I tend to get myself wrapped up in so many different games at once that I lose focus in them all and find myself staring at my computer/ipad screen with no idea as to what to play.

I'd love to write a game one day and suspect that if I ever do settle down long enough to do such a feat it'll be a ipad game. Something extremely nice about knowing that when you make the game it will run on every ipad out there instead of dealing with over a billion possible hardware combinations in the pc market.

Oh and so long as I have someone to talk to, I'm content :) I've been known to run entire threads three or more pages deep just rambling on some game or another that I'm addicted to. A voice that responds is always a blessing :)

SueSue530

• “Cat Herder”
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: SueSue530
  • Plus+: SueSue530
Re: In this thread, dragon slayers lurk... (aka the skyrim thread!)
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 07:32:38 am »
Taeles -I wish you would write a game for iPad.  I'm sure it would be awesome.  I've been reading this thread even though I have never seen Oblivion or Skyrim, just love reading your posts. 

Between you, Ava, and Bauble, I'm always ROFLMAO!
Plus ID/Game Center ID: SueSue530

Playing DragonVale World.

Dragonflygirl25

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Dragonflyfairygirl
  • Plus+: Dragonflygirl25
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 09:13:45 am »
First of all Bauble, I think we must have been separated at birth...we have to be sisters! ::)

I've been laughing out loud at some of your descriptions of how you play, what gets you "caught/distracted" and especially...
I WILL BE RULER OF THE WORLD!!!  MUAH HA HA HA HA!![...runs off, waving her sword in circles over her head, screaming like a banshee, making all living thing's hair stand up on end.]

[/quote]

OMG...I love you!  My husband could read your posts and think I wrote them! ;D
I'm pretty new to game stuff...iPad since last spring (We Rule was first) and we do have an xbox360 but hardly ever play it.  I played Fable for a while but stopped cause I was kind of stuck and mostly cause I'd gotten all these scars on my face and hated that! Hahaha....girl vanity! ::)

I asked Santa for Oblivion (thanks to you Taeles ;)) but got the wrong one so I need to exchange it.
Should I get that or Skyrim? What do you guys think???
~Janet~ 

* please PM me before sending a friend request:)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 12:54:21 pm »
First of all Bauble, I think we must have been separated at birth...we have to be sisters! ::)

I've been laughing out loud at some of your descriptions of how you play, what gets you "caught/distracted" and especially...
I WILL BE RULER OF THE WORLD!!!  MUAH HA HA HA HA!![...runs off, waving her sword in circles over her head, screaming like a banshee, making all living thing's hair stand up on end.]

OMG...I love you!  My husband could read your posts and think I wrote them! ;D
I'm pretty new to game stuff...iPad since last spring (We Rule was first) and we do have an xbox360 but hardly ever play it.  I played Fable for a while but stopped cause I was kind of stuck and mostly cause I'd gotten all these scars on my face and hated that! Hahaha....girl vanity! ::)

I asked Santa for Oblivion (thanks to you Taeles ;)) but got the wrong one so I need to exchange it.

If you remotely enjoyed fable, you'll enjoy the elder scrolls even more because in the elder scrolls games you really can go anywhere and do anything you want. Regarding oblivion vs skyrim? Skyrim. I enjoyed my time romphing through oblivion but skyrim is just so much more of everything in every catagory that I actually uninstalled oblivion recently.

Oh and just to be safe, the elder scroll name is what this game series is. Elder Scrolls 1 and 2 were Dragondale and something else, 3 was morrowind, 4 oblivion and 5 skyrim.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:56:13 pm by taeles »

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 12:57:37 pm »
Taeles -I wish you would write a game for iPad.  I'm sure it would be awesome.  I've been reading this thread even though I have never seen Oblivion or Skyrim, just love reading your posts. 

Between you, Ava, and Bauble, I'm always ROFLMAO!

Welcome to the thread and for those who don't play the game but do enjoy reading of our exploits in it I like to think of skyrim as what goes on in my we rule kingdom on a daily basis. Infact I think of skyrim as what would of happened if the dragons from the first event in we rule came back rather pissed off at having been captured so much during that event :P

Baublehunt

• “MY FAVORITE”
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 02:42:30 pm »

DANGIT!  When I pulled myself back up outta that mud puddle, I looked around and didn't see anyone who'd noticed.  My image is ruined.  [...this time she sulks off dragging her too heavy sword behind her, head hanging low, walks into a light post, looks up just in time to see the bird poop land on her nose.

...At your level? Use obstacles to your advantages, run around trees, climb up on rocks, etc. At my level? Three elven arrows flung from a special elven bow I found somewhere in my travels. Care must be taken when hunting a giant as they often 'herd' mammoth elephants and those elephants hit even harder than the giants themselves.
Heh.  You would've laughed at me.  One of the first gal's I talked to gave me a quest to bring her back a Mammoth tusk.  "Piece of cake", I thought to my level 3 self.  I waltzed right up to a couple of those who were chewing their cud, looking all harmless and stuff, and gave 'em the ol; ONE-TWO with my little hunter's bow and arrows.  HOLY PISSED PACHYDERM!! They stampeded me to death and all I could do was try to bite their toe hairs.  Lesson learned.  :-[  I'll follow your advice next time and strategically find a cliff to shoot at them from.

....I like lockpicking much more in skyrim :)
Yeah, I think I will too once I get used to it.  I like the idea of those perks you talked about. 

...Look at it as 'which do I want this character to do' instead and you'll enjoy yourself much more :)
Good point.  I've got to stop comparing Skyrim to Oblivion too.  I just REALLY loved that game, so I just have to stop being biased.  I think I'm just going through the usual growing pains.

I'd love to write a game one day and suspect that if I ever do settle down long enough to do such a feat it'll be a ipad game. Something extremely nice about knowing that when you make the game it will run on every ipad out there instead of dealing with over a billion possible hardware combinations in the pc market.
That would be FABULOUS!!  Just look at all the fans you already have here!  Your game would be a success even if it were about 'connecting the dots' on circle shapes.

Ha!  Really?  OK, then...  I have a surprise for you.  You're 1/3 of a set of triplets.  I told AVA the same exact thing you just said to me awhile back.  It's almost creepy how many things in common we have. 

I played Fable for a while but stopped cause I was kind of stuck and mostly cause I'd gotten all these scars on my face and hated that! Hahaha....girl vanity! ::)
I tried and TRIED to get into Fable, but failed.  My daughters both really liked it, but I cringed every time I had to dance for someone, or win their friendship.  I dunno.  There was just somethin' about it that didn't 'click' with me.  My daughters were aggravated with the whole 'getting fat' thing in it too. Ha!  They ran and ran to try to get their characters to slim down, but it turned out it was something else they had to do to keep in shape.  They ADORED the scars, though.  Ha!  Kids.

I agree with Taeles.  Skyrim.  It's incredibly HUGE!!  And, even when you finish it, you can go back as another character and it'll be like a whole, new game.

Oh and just to be safe, the elder scroll name is what this game series is. Elder Scrolls 1 and 2 were Dragondale and something else, 3 was morrowind, 4 oblivion and 5 skyrim.
Oh now, don't I feel stupid!!  I didn't know there were Elder Scroll games before Oblivion! MAN!!  I'm going to be occupied for YEARS to come!!  YAY!!

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:57 am »
That would be FABULOUS!!  Just look at all the fans you already have here!  Your game would be a success even if it were about 'connecting the dots' on circle shapes.

-ponders a connect the cookies app-

Oh now, don't I feel stupid!!  I didn't know there were Elder Scroll games before Oblivion! MAN!!  I'm going to be occupied for YEARS to come!!  YAY!!

The first two elder scrolls games looked like Silversword on the app store.
http://itunes.apple.com/kz/app/silversword/id470888383?mt=8

Another good iphone only (grr) to compare to the first two elder scrolls would be Descend RPG.
http://itunes.apple.com/kz/app/descend-rpg/id470112346?mt=8

Elder Scrolls 3 : Morrowind was the first to have a huge 3d open world enviroment and the first to let you do just about anything anywhere. If you came in to the series during Oblivion's run then you won't enjoy morrowind much. You'll be too busy fighting with the controls, gawking at the character models and whatnot. Same for folks coming in to the series with skyrim. Oblivion feels clunky and its interface irritating after enjoying skyrim's for any period of time.

So, I decided to check out skyrim from a slighly different perspective, that of the mage. I narrowed my selection down to high elf, imperial or breton. I knew that if I rolled a imperial I'd side with them again during the rebellion and I can't stand the way the high elves look so Breton it is. Bretons are the 'smallest' of the human races and as such I always have trouble keeping up heh. With my Nord archer if I 'slow walk' with an npc she always matches their pace or moves abit faster than them. My breton has the opposite problem, always has to run otherwise she falls behind.

Mages are real powerhouses once you start taping a bit into the destruction tree in particular. You can hold different spells in each hand, combine the spells for very interesting and spectacular effects, you have your staves which you can use soul gems to charge up with spells, its interesting. You have no ammunition to refill in town but are contained by your magicka bar which is thankfully offset by a combination of perks via leveling and the fact that all mage robes have a default boost to magicka regeneration speeds.

Of course there are many other routes for the mage to go, alteration, illusion, conjuration and the like but I've been focusing on destruction so far and quite enjoying the fire tree in particular. Being a mage is very expensive though. My archer has gone through... 4 bows total in her 28 levels of gameplay and 3 of them were found. My mage on the other hand... spells spells spells all for sale heh, plus all the gear. Glad I rolled a breton, one of their racials grants more coin found on corpses, chests, etc.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 03:17:35 am by taeles »

cathie74

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Cathie447
  • Plus+: cathie74
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 07:45:11 am »
Just started playing skyrim 3 days ago, so excuse my ignorance, from what I've heard/read this far is that you can only bind 2 spells, to the left and right mouse button? Is there no way to bind spells to the F-keys or something?
And if not, how do you manage it during fights? Keep them in favorites and hit Q during fights every time you need to heal yourself or use another spell?
I find it a bit confusing..
Oh and I tend to accidently set everything and everyone in sight on fire....good or bad  ;D
Any tricks to improve my aim? I try and scroll out so I can see my char and what's around me but in the heat of battle, I'm still having a bit of a hard time controlling those flames  ???
PlusID - cathie74
Gamecenter -  Cathie447