Author Topic: Would you like to play Happy Street on the PC?  (Read 21918 times)

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Android username: agentexeider
  • Device: Android tablet
Would you like to play Happy Street on the PC?
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:13:03 am »
If you would like to play Happy Street or any other app on your PC, your gonna need a programed called Bluestacks App Player.

It is pretty much a android emulator made specifically for playing apps, it even connects to the internet to access online features, SO when you play it on the emulator, that progress is saved to the Servers to be ported over to your other devices.

Two Years were spent in the making of this program, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. It works just like an android device, it has access to everything including the Google play store so installing happy street or any other program is just like your phone or tablet.

BlueStacks App Player

I have found a app called Launcher Pro

Available Here

but install it from your BlueStacks App by typing into your search menu and click install,

for some reason it will check for network connectivity and fail, even though you are connected to the net, just hit Cancel and load the Google Play Version, should be on the far right. Once installed this will load a more familiar android environment and change the behavior of the home button, as well as having the play store there that you can install other of your favorite Play Apps.

If for what ever reason you need to go back to the default Bluestacks menus, just hit the Menu button on the right or the Bluestacks Menu button, Click "Settings" then "Applications" then "Manage Applications" find the "Launcher Pro" then hit "Clear Defaults"

which will release the home button to asking you what app it should respond to when pressed.

-AE
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:33:35 pm by agentexeider »

"I suppose I could part with one and still be feared."

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
User Guide (In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »
BlueStacks User guide (Work in Progress)

Move Screen: Left Click and Hold to "Grip" screen to move.
Zoom In/Out: Hold Ctrl +  + or - Keys, also you can use Mouse Wheel
Exit Happy Street: Esc Key

How to save your Happy Street to the server to port to other devices.

All you have to do is Exit, through the exit prompt that Happy Street gives you, doing this causes a save action to be performed to the Godzilab server, which you can then port to other devices.

FYI: the save function works the same way on all devices, Android AND Iphone.

If you're a Windows 7 user and Bluestacks is running slow on your computer then you can try right-clicking the program (on your desktop, in the start menu, whatever) and selecting Run As Administrator.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:09:29 pm by agentexeider »

PatternInChaos

Re: Would you like to play Happy Street on the PC?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 04:44:39 am »
I tried this, the game is pretty slow for me, cpu usage 50% or so. And sadly when I click on buses from the bus stop maybe 1 in 20 hearts gets really counted :/

Godzi Lab

• godzilab
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:32 pm »
If you have a Mac with Mountain Lion, you could play the official version now live on the Mac App Store. You can transfer your village to this new version, but you will have to wait for the latest update to be released on iOS to be able to play it on both.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happy-street/id590749763?mt=12
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:38:07 pm by Godzi Lab »

stickymice

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • I'm a graphic designer too!
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: stickymice
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:20:14 pm »
If you have a Mac with MacOSX, you could play the official version now live on the Mac App Store. You can transfer your village to this new version, but you will have to wait for the latest update to be released on iOS to be able to play it on both.

I love that screen shot -- looking forward to the Chinese New Year update! The artwork on this game is so great! There isn't a thread for this so may I just say that I really appreciate all the detail that goes into this game? Like when you move the toy store to a new location, the balloons attached to the store drag and snap. Brilliant little whimsical touch there. It's what makes this game a joy for me.  :D

____
I am not accepting any more friend requests, sorry -- too many as it is!

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:04:29 am »
I agree with @stickymice. The little whimsical touches are what gives the game so much life and personality. I love, love, love the rusty little robots who lose their balance and madly flap their arms as they try to remain upright. So cute and funny :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:36:22 am by SnowMani »
Today's signature is a sponsored announcement from  Bankai44:
"He practically lives here and doesn't bathe, can you guess who?"

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:13 am »
If you have a Mac with Mountain Lion, you could play the official version now live on the Mac App Store. You can transfer your village to this new version, but you will have to wait for the latest update to be released on iOS to be able to play it on both.

Godzilab, thank you for replying to this thread, My hopes is that seeing this will maybe motivate for an official optimized android AND Apple client that can be played on the computer.

I'm also hoping that eventually the shard differences between Android and Apple will be eventually merged into ONE game world.

be.zenzone

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: be.zenzone
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 03:30:44 pm »
I agree with @stickymice. The little whimsical touches are what gives the game so much life and personality. I love, love, love the rusty little robots who lose their balance and madly flap their arms as they try to remain upright. So cute and funny :)
I love them, too.  Got even better when I put the circus next to them.  They went mad for the masks, but honestly, watching them with the cotton candy is hysterical!
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk."   -- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

Myzou

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 03:08:18 am »
Do you have to import the save file to your android after playing on the computer, or will it automatically update on the phone after it saves on the computer?

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 02:50:43 am »
Do you have to import the save file to your android after playing on the computer, or will it automatically update on the phone after it saves on the computer?

everytime you change a device, whether it's from you Phone to a tablet, tablet to a computer, computer to the phone, etc. You have to click redownload on the receiving device to "update" the village.

that's why it's SO important to quit properly on the "Donor" device, because it will save the most up to date version of your village to GodziLab servers, so you can import it to the device of your choice and have the most up to date version.

arscaedes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
  • Device: Android phone
  • Game Center: arscaedes
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:53:43 pm »
If you're a Windows 7 user and Bluestacks is running like molasses on your computer then you can try right-clicking the program (on your desktop, in the start menu, whatever) and selecting Run As Administrator.

I spent a few days checking out the problem, updating my drivers, troubleshooting, and this ended up solving the issue. Be aware, of course, that this allows the program to bypass the system security, but I haven't had a problem with malware from Bluestacks (someone please let me know if I missed something here, though!)

Hope that helps!

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »
If you're a Windows 7 user and Bluestacks is running like molasses on your computer then you can try right-clicking the program (on your desktop, in the start menu, whatever) and selecting Run As Administrator.

I spent a few days checking out the problem, updating my drivers, troubleshooting, and this ended up solving the issue. Be aware, of course, that this allows the program to bypass the system security, but I haven't had a problem with malware from Bluestacks (someone please let me know if I missed something here, though!)

Hope that helps!

thanks, updating user guide.

stickymice

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • I'm a graphic designer too!
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: stickymice
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »
So I finally downloaded this client and it's great! So neat to see Happy Street on the big screen!! Thanks a lot -- really neat!

____
I am not accepting any more friend requests, sorry -- too many as it is!

agentexeider

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:03 am »
So I finally downloaded this client and it's great! So neat to see Happy Street on the big screen!! Thanks a lot -- really neat!

yeah I got it running on my TV in the den, looks great.

LazyLoop

• Citizen
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5s
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 03:33:36 pm »
Hi, I have been playing Happy Street to level 28 on my iPhone 4s. Now, I have downloaded the Happy Street game on my MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion, GameCenter, etc. But I don't know how to get my current game on to my Mac. It says Download data, but I click it, nothing happens. Any help?