Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 14054 times)

Dragonflygirl25

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Dragonflyfairygirl
  • Plus+: Dragonflygirl25
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 08:05:07 am »
Just finished up the Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind, it's the last book in the Sword of Truth series.  It was a wonderful series, unfortunately I'm a fast reader as well so I go through these rather quickly.  Thinking about starting Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell next, hoping they will keep me busy for awhile  ;D

Ooh!  Didn't realize there was another one out.  I love that series but am a fast reader too and since it's pretty long between them I start to forget! :-\ ::)

Scarpetta series is great...hope you like them!

My wife has been reading the Stephanie Plum Series (by Janet Evanovich).  She's just has "Explosive Eighteen" to read (she's waiting for the book to be available at the library or something; or at least until the price drops for purchasing it).  She's a fast reader and started the series sometime in the middle of last week or something.  There's a movie coming out about the books ("One for the
Money"), she's excited and wants to go see it.

My wife loves those.  She wants to see the movie, but hates the lead actress.  Katherine Heigl.

I've read some of those...even if you like KH she is so not the character...ick. :P

I just finished Anonymous Rex and Casual Rex by Eric Garcia.  Very well written and suited for my dry sense of humor.  I recommend if you want a light, but funny read.  The premise of the series is dinosaurs living among us disguised as humans.  I never saw it, but there was very short-lived TV show based on it.  Might have even just been a pilot, but the books.

Interesting.....!  Strange  :o and interesting...... ;D
~Janet~ 

* please PM me before sending a friend request:)

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Rumplstinaskin
What are you reading?
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 07:33:12 am »
Ok I know my threads stand a fair chance at being ghost towns.. but here goes... maybe a few will join me :-\

surely there are some other book readers out here in mojo farm. I find myself reading quite a bit lately. What types of books do you like?

What are you reading now?

I'll go first.. I like all kinds of books. My latest list included..

Beyond Belief - Josh Hamilton's bio
American Sniper - bio of the deadliest sniper in American history
Twilight Trilogy
Hunger Games Trilogy
Howie Mandel's bio - Don't touch me
Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum novels - I am on book 18)
and must I confess - I just started the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy (OMG!!)
Rumplstinaskin & Neoshift98
MAIN REALMERS

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 08:13:28 am »
Your post.  :P

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:05 am »
MAIN REALMERS

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
GASP! I snuck one past the bobba filter!  ;D ;D ;D
MAIN REALMERS

N-A-Dream

• “The New Meg”
    • View Profile
  • Android username: I'm not a droid
  • Device: iPhone 6 Plus
  • Game Center: N-A-Dream
  • Plus+: nadream196
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 09:50:23 am »
GASP! I snuck one past the bobba filter!  ;D ;D ;D

Ewwww, I'm telling  :P
TBD

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 09:57:08 am »

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 10:09:08 am »
Yellow Pages
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 10:09:57 am »
Awesome thread, Rumpl! :D

I'm a very slow reader and usually only read at bedtime, so my list is a little shorter. I'm also very heavily slanted toward sci-fi in the past five years or so. Now, the list... :)

A Game of Thrones
... plus the other books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series (five so far, two more yet to be released). Medieval politics/fantasy is totally not my thing, but my mom got me to watch the HBO series and that intrigued me enough to read the books. SO glad I did, because the author is an amazing storyteller and his characters are so well-developed. It took me from November through February to read the five (admittedly large) books, and I was totally bummed when I finished.

One of my favorite things about the books is the good gender balance. Stories of war tend to focus on men, or go too far in the opposite direction to be extremely female focused. This series has both male and female central characters, and the lesser characters of all levels are also well balanced.

Hunger Games trilogy
I was not expecting much from this series because it is marketed as being for teenagers. No offense to Twilight fans, but the angst of yound lovers is not my cup of tea. Still, I was home sick for most of March, so I figured I might was well take a look. I didn't really care much for the first half of the first book, but once the games started I found it engaging. Then the second book really grabbed me, and the third affected me so deeply that I felt I was in mourning after reading it. There aren't many books that I read a second time, but I expect I will re-read this series every 5-10 years. VERY powerful.

The Arbai trilogy (Sheri S. Tepper)
Grass, Raising the Stones, and Sideshow. I read RtS and Grass a couple years ago and had no idea they were connected. After learning recently they were, I skimmed Grass and re-read RtS (both of which I loved), and am now on Sideshow. I'm not loving it so far, but it's getting interesting. Honestly I wouldn't have bothered finishing it except that my sister spontaneously recommended it, not knowing I was currently reading it. She doesn't do that often, and she refuses to tell me anything about it, so I'm guessing it's a good wrap-up to the previous stories.

Gatecon

• “Sir Pundemonium”
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: Gatecon
  • Plus+: Gatecon
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 10:11:23 am »
Or serious answer

The Gods of Atlantis by David Gibbins
Game of Thrones (audiobook)
Currently playing...umm nothing much.
TWD No-Man’s Land but getting  very bored with it very quickly.

Would still be playing We Rule and Supernauts - if the devs could be bothered.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 10:18:48 am »
lmao...Itsfoxy made the exact same thread back in November.  I answered the exact same way back then too!  :P  ;D

http://mojo-farm.com/forum/index.php?topic=273.0

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 10:30:47 am »
lmao...Itsfoxy made the exact same thread back in November.  I answered the exact same way back then too!  :P  ;D

LOL! Apparently I'm reading Bankai's Greatist Hits!  ;D

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:54 am »

Merged

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:22 am »
My wife has been reading the Stephanie Plum Series (by Janet Evanovich).  She's just has "Explosive Eighteen" to read (she's waiting for the book to be available at the library or something; or at least until the price drops for purchasing it).  She's a fast reader and started the series sometime in the middle of last week or something.  There's a movie coming out about the books ("One for the Money"), she's excited and wants to go see it.

Bankaii i have 14 through 18 on my kindle... you can loan a book on the kindle to anyone ... you can only loan each book once to someone for 2 weeks but if you read as fast as i do 2 weeks is plenty of time. LOL

If your wife would like me to loan to her i can... i just enter her email address and it sends it to her. If you dont have a kindle you can get the free kindle app for iphone or PC , etc. PM me if she's interested.
MAIN REALMERS

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 10:51:42 am »
My wife has been reading the Stephanie Plum Series (by Janet Evanovich).  She's just has "Explosive Eighteen" to read (she's waiting for the book to be available at the library or something; or at least until the price drops for purchasing it).  She's a fast reader and started the series sometime in the middle of last week or something.  There's a movie coming out about the books ("One for the Money"), she's excited and wants to go see it.

Bankaii i have 14 through 18 on my kindle... you can loan a book on the kindle to anyone ... you can only loan each book once to someone for 2 weeks but if you read as fast as i do 2 weeks is plenty of time. LOL

If your wife would like me to loan to her i can... i just enter her email address and it sends it to her. If you dont have a kindle you can get the free kindle app for iphone or PC , etc. PM me if she's interested.

My wife has read them all.  She loves them. I saw the movie with her and it was so freaking bad, I can not even describe it.