Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 14055 times)

AnneAL89

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4
  • Plus+: AnneAL89
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 04:39:53 am »
I just started reading ´Save me`by Lisa Scottoline. After that, I´ll probably read Limit by Frank Schätzing as well ( I gave it to my dad for fathersday and he´s done reading it now, so I can finally read it  ;) )

jjboots

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »
I just finished - Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.  Enjoyed it.  Miffed at the ending, but it does leave room for a sequel.

Synopsis: Follows a young nun in upstate New York who, in uncovering a correspondence between the former mother superior and Abigail Rockefeller, unwittingly reignites an ancient war between a society of angelologists (a group that studies angels) and the Nephilim (the monster-likedescendants of angels and humans). The book pulls from a variety of religious and mythical histories and, per Simonoff, "blends biblical lore, the Orpheus myth, the apocryphal Book of Enoch and the fall of the rebel angels, with bravura storytelling.

Apparently they are making a movie based on the book.

This sound exactly like the sort of books I love. Guess it goes with being a former minister's daughter, so I always enjoy a read that has a mix of biblical, horror, mystery, etc.

Itsfoxy

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Itsfoxy
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 06:49:58 am »
I just finished - Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.  Enjoyed it.  Miffed at the ending, but it does leave room for a sequel.

Synopsis: Follows a young nun in upstate New York who, in uncovering a correspondence between the former mother superior and Abigail Rockefeller, unwittingly reignites an ancient war between a society of angelologists (a group that studies angels) and the Nephilim (the monster-likedescendants of angels and humans). The book pulls from a variety of religious and mythical histories and, per Simonoff, "blends biblical lore, the Orpheus myth, the apocryphal Book of Enoch and the fall of the rebel angels, with bravura storytelling.

Apparently they are making a movie based on the book.

This sound exactly like the sort of books I love. Guess it goes with being a former minister's daughter, so I always enjoy a read that has a mix of biblical, horror, mystery, etc.

You would definitely like this one then.

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
Count of Monte Cristo.  I love this book.  I have read it a ton of times.

giaguara

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Giaguara
  • Plus+: giaguara
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:25 pm »
I finished James Thompson's Lucifer's Tears yesterday, now Lars Arffsesen's The Girl with the Sturgeon Tattoo.

Halborn

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Halborn
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.

Final book cant wait to discover the final secrets he has up his sleeve
Proud Member of FishnShips :)
Main account ID: Halborn
Secondary Account: HalbornTwo
Event:

Kissembyebye

• "The Greyt One"
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Kissembyebye
  • Plus+: Kissembyebye
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »
I just finished Anonymous Rex and Casual Rex by Eric Garcia.  Very well written and suited for my dry sense of humor.  I recommend if you want a light, but funny read.  The premise of the series is dinosaurs living among us disguised as humans.  I never saw it, but there was very short-lived TV show based on it.  Might have even just been a pilot, but the books were good.

Before that, I read The Lust Lizard and Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore.  Again suited perfectly to my sense of humor.  I've got a couple more of his lined up next.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 11:40:27 pm »
Infinity Blade: Awakening
It's the book based on the infinity blade games and fills the gap in between one and two.

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 02:00:20 pm »
The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2) by Patrick Rothfuss.

Not a fan of fantasy novels but...while waiting for the fifth installment of George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series, I picked up The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 1) by Rothfuss. Nowhere near the level of complexity of The Song of Ice and Fire but, as a complement, I am enjoying the breezy nature of the Kingkiller Chronicles series.

I highly recommend both series. ...Despite the fact that I still consider myself not to be a fan of the genre.
Having a conversation with Plehk is "tortuous"* - ukhippo

*Or something to that effect. ;)

Currently playing Supernauts (on the "Mojo-Farm" crew)

Itsfoxy

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Itsfoxy
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:48 am »
My stepmom loaned me The Hunger Games books.  I'm midway through the first one...I'm enjoying it.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:51 am »
My wife has been reading the Stephanie Plum Series (by Janet Evanovich).  She's just has "Explosive Eighteen" to read (she's waiting for the book to be available at the library or something; or at least until the price drops for purchasing it).  She's a fast reader and started the series sometime in the middle of last week or something.  There's a movie coming out about the books ("One for the Money"), she's excited and wants to go see it.

Tom9215

• “TomTom”
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Th0masE
  • Plus+: tom9215
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 06:57:20 am »
Just started to read Sergej Lukianenko " Spektrum ", don't know the english title.

Tom
Update: Just before it was Brian Greene " The Fabric of the Cosmos ". It's heavy to follow, about Space, Time and consistancy of Reality. But this is one of my hobbies ( Cosmology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, although History, Archaeology and if course Cats, lol )
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:06:37 am by Tom9215 »
Tom

Proud former member of the "Bleeding Edgers " and the "HAFAFL 75 " Club
Retired Official penguin investigation officer

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 01:26:05 pm »
My wife has been reading the Stephanie Plum Series (by Janet Evanovich).  She's just has "Explosive Eighteen" to read (she's waiting for the book to be available at the library or something; or at least until the price drops for purchasing it).  She's a fast reader and started the series sometime in the middle of last week or something.  There's a movie coming out about the books ("One for the Money"), she's excited and wants to go see it.

My wife loves those.  She wants to see the movie, but hates the lead actress.  Katherine Heigl.

krystalrobin

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: krystalrobin
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »
Just finished up the Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind, it's the last book in the Sword of Truth series.  It was a wonderful series, unfortunately I'm a fast reader as well so I go through these rather quickly.  Thinking about starting Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell next, hoping they will keep me busy for awhile  ;D
~*~Thanks to all for the help to finish this event, couldn't be done without help from the list~*~

Level 62 | I'll happily fill any order on any realm (;
Goal items in my South and East Realms.  Help yourself (;

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 05:17:40 pm »

My wife loves those.  She wants to see the movie, but hates the lead actress.  Katherine Heigl.

Yea, my wife said the men in the movie "don't do anything for her"...lol  ;D.  Though we did notice Vince (from Mike & Molly is on there) & Jason O' Mara (Sam Tyler from Life on Mars); both good shows that we watch/watched.