Author Topic: The Walking Dead (Discussion; Warning - Spoilers)  (Read 37710 times)

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
The Walking Dead (Discussion; Warning - Spoilers)
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »

A place to talk about anything about the show; spoilers may be discussed here, so if you don't want to hear about it...leave now!  lol  :P

Get some!!!

Another awesome shot of Daryl...

"La la la la...OMG a walker!"

Shut up!

GET SOME!!!

How could they kill Barry Gibbs.  I guess he didn't "Stay Alive" in this season...lmao

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:47:01 am by Bankai44 »

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
Re: The Walking Dead (Discussion; Warning - Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:32:54 pm »
Don't forget to add the shutup gif!

Edit: you are the best, pic ninja.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:34:59 am by dlorgere »

itslivo

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • iRevival - Affordable iPhone, iPod & iPad Repair
  • Game Center: itslivo
  • Plus+: itslivo, itsalsolivo
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:47:40 pm »
Don't forget to add the shutup gif!

Edit: you are the best, pic ninja.

Love that one Doug! And yes, he is the pic ninja.
Currently Playing: Clash of Clans

Gamecenter IDs (yes, 2 of them) :itslivo & iRevivalRepairs

trigg

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5s
  • Game Center: trigg77
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:34:23 am »
*stretches*

LOOK OUT! WALKERRRRRSSS!!!

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:50:37 am »
*stretches*

LOOK OUT! WALKERRRRRSSS!!!

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:51 am »
Yay, Walking Dead thread is back from the dead!  :D

Kind of like, you know...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

Crap, the thread just bit my finger off.  :o

N-A-Dream

• “The New Meg”
    • View Profile
  • Android username: I'm not a droid
  • Device: iPhone 6 Plus
  • Game Center: N-A-Dream
  • Plus+: nadream196
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:16:38 am »
la la la la, omg a walker

OMG freakin hilarious
TBD

Baublehunt

• “MY FAVORITE”
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Plus+: Baublehunt
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »
  :o :o Of ALLLLL the threads to lug over here, ya just HAD to remember THIS one, huh? :o  :o

OK.  I'll keep looking in on it.  But, I'm STILL gonna use my pillow!!  ;)

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »
  :o :o Of ALLLLL the threads to lug over here, ya just HAD to remember THIS one, huh? :o  :o

OK.  I'll keep looking in on it.  But, I'm STILL gonna use my pillow!!  ;)

HA! I knew you could not stay away from this thread.

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Plus+: Mangoness
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:35 pm »
I knew I was missing something this week.  I missed comments from Sunday's episode.  We ended up watching it Monday night instead.

I have to say I'm pissed at Shane, and what he did was despicable.  Granted I thought the crossed eyed guy was going to be eaten, but not in that way.  At least I would have shot him close to the heart so he would die faster.  Getting eaten alive is not the way to go at all.  They were doing so well at getting away even if it looked grim a few times. Guess Shane got too worried about his little Shane in his pants over Lori that it had some reason why he took out a living guy like that.

I like the actor, but the character is rotten for me now.

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 01:58:02 pm »
I knew I was missing something this week.  I missed comments from Sunday's episode.  We ended up watching it Monday night instead.

I have to say I'm pissed at Shane, and what he did was despicable.  Granted I thought the crossed eyed guy was going to be eaten, but not in that way.  At least I would have shot him close to the heart so he would die faster.  Getting eaten alive is not the way to go at all.  They were doing so well at getting away even if it looked grim a few times. Guess Shane got too worried about his little Shane in his pants over Lori that it had some reason why he took out a living guy like that.

I like the actor, but the character is rotten for me now.

I knew Shane was going to pointed in the direction of a scumbag when he tried to rape Lori last season.  Something tells me he will do more stuff like this.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »
I knew Shane was going to pointed in the direction of a scumbag when he tried to rape Lori last season.  Something tells me he will do more stuff like this.

You know, it took me a couple days to realize that Shane didn't shave his head out of a sense of shame, but because Otis was able to grab and hold on to him by his hair. (I was a little slow on that one.)

Makes me think even worse of him. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I don't know what the character is supposed to be, but I'm not liking the "pure evil" direction Shane is going. It just doesn't seem real that he's a psychopath and yet somehow his long-time cop-parter/BFF never had any idea that he was anything but good good good.

I can understand kind of cracking up because a zombie-pocalypse will do that to a guy, but I just can't see Shane being this bad now without being a noticeably unsavory cop beforehand.

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »

You know, it took me a couple days to realize that Shane didn't shave his head out of a sense of shame, but because Otis was able to grab and hold on to him by his hair. (I was a little slow on that one.)

Makes me think even worse of him. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I don't know what the character is supposed to be, but I'm not liking the "pure evil" direction Shane is going. It just doesn't seem real that he's a psychopath and yet somehow his long-time cop-parter/BFF never had any idea that he was anything but good good good.

I can understand kind of cracking up because a zombie-pocalypse will do that to a guy, but I just can't see Shane being this bad now without being a noticeably unsavory cop beforehand.

I am not sure that Shane was a psycopath before all this happened.  It seemed to me he was a good cop.  Rick was presumed dead for a while.  Shane starts thinking that he will be Carl's father and thinks of him as a son.  Then all the sudden the chick you are sleeping with and the boy who you are fathering get taken away.  That could mess with anyones head.  Not to mention being one of 20 people alive on the planet (that we have seen).  Maybe his brain is having a PARSE ERROR.  hmm. I might leave the geek humor to you.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 05:37:18 pm »
I am not sure that Shane was a psycopath before all this happened.  It seemed to me he was a good cop.  Rick was presumed dead for a while.  Shane starts thinking that he will be Carl's father and thinks of him as a son.  Then all the sudden the chick you are sleeping with and the boy who you are fathering get taken away.  That could mess with anyones head.  Not to mention being one of 20 people alive on the planet (that we have seen).  Maybe his brain is having a PARSE ERROR.  hmm. I might leave the geek humor to you.

I can see those circumstances pushing him to the dark side, but not to such an extreme extent. The attempted rape maybe... not that such a thing would be excusable, just that it makes sense in terms of character development. But killing Otis in that cold premeditated way, and apparently feeling no regret about it (though pretending to), that's not something he's been pushed to yet.

If you think about it, Shane hasn't been through much more than all the others, aside from losing what he thought was guaranteed sex. Now Country Boy, who was already a little sketchy before the zombies, and whose own brother was handcuffed and left for dead by members of the group he's still hanging with, him I can see harboring a deep dark rage that would lead to cold calculated killing of other humans.

But you know what? He's not. He sucked it up and though he's not exactly happy, he sees that he needs other people. He, so far, has kept his ruthless killing to the zombies. But if at some point he does start offing humans, it will absolutely make sense to me.

Not Shane, though. Frankly I think they are not being nearly subtle enough with his character. They are painting him way too needlessly-evil. I predict his demise by the end of the next season, or at least shuffling him off to invisi-land like Country Boy's evil brother.

What is Country Boy's name again? Daryl? And Old Guy Who Can't See Sh**, that's Dale? I am really bad with names, even for shows I've watched for years.  ???

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 05:41:43 pm »
Do you think killing Otis was premeditated?  I think Shane new that they would not both make it since Otis was always out of breath and Shane hurt his leg.  The idea that if they were not going to make that he would shoot him might have been premeditated but I don't think he left the farm thinking Otis was never coming back.  Even if we all were thinking it. 

Dale is the old guy who can not see walkers and I don't the country guys name.  Darryl sounds right.