Author Topic: Pipen's non-flooz quests  (Read 1631 times)

Johnrayjr

• Scholar
    • View Profile
Pipen's non-flooz quests
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:14 pm »
Does anyone see a point to them?

I understand that the flooz quests should be limited to 2-3 per day. What I really don't like is how the coin quests are never worth it, how some of them take 9+ hours to clear, and how just checking on them opens up the potential to mis-click and lose premium items.

Pipen had been asking me all day (seriously, over 12 hours) for a Brick Oven. I went to check the timer, would swear I clicked dismiss, and lost the item for a meaningless 8,000 coins.

It's incredibly demotivating to lose an item with an 8-hour crafting time for an utterly meaningless reward. I wish Pipen didn't even offer non-flooz quests. 

Zenrin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad mini
  • Game Center: zenrinz
Re: Pipen's non-flooz quests
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:00:07 am »
Does anyone see a point to them?

I understand that the flooz quests should be limited to 2-3 per day. What I really don't like is how the coin quests are never worth it, how some of them take 9+ hours to clear, and how just checking on them opens up the potential to mis-click and lose premium items.

Pipen had been asking me all day (seriously, over 12 hours) for a Brick Oven. I went to check the timer, would swear I clicked dismiss, and lost the item for a meaningless 8,000 coins.

It's incredibly demotivating to lose an item with an 8-hour crafting time for an utterly meaningless reward. I wish Pipen didn't even offer non-flooz quests.

Well, with upgrades and buildings costing upwards of 200-300 K,  I always seem to be short of coin.
I sell my wares to Pipen all the time for coin.  So it's not really meaningless. Cash is cash. I know how you feel though, sometimes I cuss and call poor Pipen all sorts of ugly names while tapping the "deal" button  ;)
I think it would be great fun if you dicker price with him :P

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:06:15 am »
I feel kinda sorry for Pepin. Yeah he can be annoying, especially if he wants a high end item for a few coins. But he does give me the opportunity to earn an additional 3 flooz per day. So he's not too bad. And if it's not flooz, coins are coins and add up over time.
Today's signature is a sponsored announcement from  Bankai44:
"He practically lives here and doesn't bathe, can you guess who?"

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:30:36 pm »
I understand that the flooz quests should be limited to 2-3 per day.

But he does give me the opportunity to earn an additional 3 flooz per day.

Has someone confirmed that Pepin will only offer a set, limited number of flooz quests per day? I have been processing his coin offers like a madman in the hopes of working my way towards more flooz offers. If there's truly a set limit, I will ease up some after I have dealt for the max daily flooz.
Having a conversation with Plehk is "tortuous"* - ukhippo

*Or something to that effect. ;)

Currently playing Supernauts (on the "Mojo-Farm" crew)

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »
Plehk - Pepin only offers 3 flooz deals per day.
Today's signature is a sponsored announcement from  Bankai44:
"He practically lives here and doesn't bathe, can you guess who?"

FrogPad

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: FrogPad
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »
I thought there were a few days that I had more flooz offers than 3.  Sometimes I'll accept one of his offers just to get a new offer to come up.

Johnrayjr

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:42 pm »
From what I've seen (and read in several places), the flooz quests are limited.

However, the following did happen in my game.

Pipen offered a flooz for a Black Belt, but since that is such a premium item, I ignored it. Bankai generously offered a black belt to me in the request thread with only an hour to go on the timer... which had originally been 22 hours, IIRC. As soon as I completed the quest, the next three offers were all for flooz. So I earned four flooz in about 15 minutes.

I assume this doesn't violate the limit because I had earned no flooz for the previous 21 hours. With that exception, I've never seen him offer more than two flooz quests in a row and he always seems to fill up the remaining part of a day with coin quests.

@zenrin: as a young padawan approaching level 14, I'm beginning to see what you mean about high upgrade costs (coins). :)  I guess what seems silly to me about Pipen's quests is that the amount of money you get is usually equivalent to a few minutes of active play, so it never feels "right" giving up items typically reserved for the "overnight" queue.

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »
Funny, just after I asked the question above, I could've sworn that I got four flooz jobs in a row.

Can't tell you how many times Pepin has oh-so-inconveniently wanted "multi-step" items I'd crafted for building upgrades - and I gave away in exchange for flooz!  ;D ::)  :P  :o  >:(

I'm with you on the "inequivalency" issue, Johnrayjr!
Having a conversation with Plehk is "tortuous"* - ukhippo

*Or something to that effect. ;)

Currently playing Supernauts (on the "Mojo-Farm" crew)