Author Topic: How do you manage your requests and other's?  (Read 2330 times)

SQ2010

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 6
  • Game Center: xx SQ xx
How do you manage your requests and other's?
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:50:27 pm »
I am curious to see how everyone is managing the request system. When you need something, do you ask it to all your friends? Do you ask the same things more than once, etc? And how do you manage requests from peoples when, for example, they always ask for items like the hammer, cut moonstone, rainbow fish, black belt or guitar, which all takes a lot of time to complete. And even more than one at the same time, sometimes. If you don't have the time to craft it in 24h, do you try to do it later or you remove the order. Do you take note of what you asked to who?

Anyway, you get the idea lol.
Caroline

Currently playing: Pocket Frog (xx SQ xx), Clash Royale and Mobile Strike

Jon49849

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Jon49849
  • Plus+: Jon49849
Re: How do you manage your requests and other's?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:02:16 pm »
I am curious to see how everyone is managing the request system. When you need something, do you ask it to all your friends? Do you ask the same things more than once, etc? And how do you manage requests from peoples when, for example, they always ask for items like the hammer, cut moonstone, rainbow fish, black belt or guitar, which all takes a lot of time to complete. And even more than one at the same time, sometimes. If you don't have the time to craft it in 24h, do you try to do it later or you remove the order. Do you take note of what you asked to who?

Anyway, you get the idea lol.
I declined Chumpskers twice for cut moon stone and then came here to call him/her out!!! ;-)

I asked two upper level folks for hammers in hopes they would send one. I just suddenly needed three for upgrades!
Hayday level 69

SnowMani

• “Beyond Help”
    • View Profile
  • Device: Rusty Tin Can
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »
I fill all requests immediately if I have it in stock, and as soon as I can if I don't. Someone recently requested a guitar. I was already building one for Pepin and he therefore automatically took it when it was finished (wish you could override that). So with the time zone difference, crafting rope and then building guitar (once workshop was finally free) it took more than 24hrs from when they made the request! So I fill requests. Quickly if I can but often it takes a long time.  I haven't requested many items as I figure that'll give me something to do if/when the game runs out of steam.
Today's signature is a sponsored announcement from  Bankai44:
"He practically lives here and doesn't bathe, can you guess who?"

PsstErika

• Farmer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 1
  • Game Center: PsstErika
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »
I wish some of you who have been generous enough to send me items would request items from me, but you never do! I seem to only get requests from people whom I've added even though I'm not sure who they are.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:22:25 pm »
I typically fill the order right away, if I have it, regardless of who's asking. I don't reject orders unless I know for sure that person has already received the item.

I wish some of you who have been generous enough to send me items would request items from me, but you never do! I seem to only get requests from people whom I've added even though I'm not sure who they are.

I haven't gotten into the habit of asking for too many things from withing the game itself. I rely more on this forum to ask for things but with the time required to build these things, I'll probably start asking more often within the game. The benefit of the forum is that you have a better idea if someone is actually accepting your request. Don't feel too bad Erica, but I promise I'll ask more often now. :)

trigg

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 5s
  • Game Center: trigg77
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »
I haven't asked for anything with a long craft time yet.

Mostly only dyes and gems.

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Plus+: Mangoness
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »
I tend to only ask for guests for my hotel & when I need to upgrade, because it's hard to hand over something that takes so long to make.  Maybe once I get caught up with all my upgrades I'll be able to have extras again.

As of now I stack my envelopes & send out my extra things like dyes & such.  8 hour items I don't hand out readily just yet, but I don't cancel them either.

Snookiecasula

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 9.7
  • Game Center: Snookiecasula
  • Plus+: Snookiecasula
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »
I try to keep things in stock so if somebody asks I'll have it. If don't, I'll try to make it ASAP. It would be really nice to have more workshops.
Playing Clash of Kings K#1036, SuperCity and Animal Crossing.

Idk1124

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Idk1124 47
  • Plus+: Idk1124
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 05:16:48 am »
I just received my first request for an item (for a wood plank) and I had the item in stock.  I clicked on the icon - OK? - rather than "No thanks".  Was the item automatically sent to the requester?  Or do I need to send it?  I looked in my "Bag" and clicked the wood plank, then "Gift".  There's a message that says "Wait x time before sending a new request".  This seems quite fuzzy to me
I visit those who visit me.  My zeppelin will tell you where I'd like taps.

I'll tap your museum if it's lower than level 6 -- unless you've instructed otherwise here on the forum or your zeppelin.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:53 am »
I just received my first request for an item (for a wood plank) and I had the item in stock.  I clicked on the icon - OK? - rather than "No thanks".  Was the item automatically sent to the requester?  Or do I need to send it?  I looked in my "Bag" and clicked the wood plank, then "Gift".  There's a message that says "Wait x time before sending a new request".  This seems quite fuzzy to me

It is sent automatically but if you only had one, there shouldn't be another one in your inventory. Maybe you had 2 and didn't realize. when it gives you the message to wait 3 hours, it's because you've already sent something, in this case the plank. So don't worry too much about it and feel confident that when you send something, it is received by that person. I haven't heard of any glitches where people send stuff and it wasn't received.

Idk1124

• Noble
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Idk1124 47
  • Plus+: Idk1124
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:57 am »

It is sent automatically but if you only had one, there shouldn't be another one in your inventory. Maybe you had 2 and didn't realize. when it gives you the message to wait 3 hours, it's because you've already sent something, in this case the plank. So don't worry too much about it and feel confident that when you send something, it is received by that person. I haven't heard of any glitches where people send stuff and it wasn't received.

Thanks Ninja - I had several planks, but I wasn't sure if the game would send the requested item or whether I needed to.

Edited to try to clarify my question (which Ninja intuited)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:04:28 am by Idk1124 »
I visit those who visit me.  My zeppelin will tell you where I'd like taps.

I'll tap your museum if it's lower than level 6 -- unless you've instructed otherwise here on the forum or your zeppelin.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 06:38:06 am »

Thanks Ninja - I had several planks, but I wasn't sure if the game would send the requested item or whether I needed to.

Edited to try to clarify my question (which Ninja intuited)

No worries ;) Glad I could help :)