Author Topic: What Am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 2605 times)

Duncansmom

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Duncansmom2
  • Plus+: Duncansmom
What Am I Doing Wrong?
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:38:11 am »
I think I am losing my mind.  I will open the game and see where a friend has helped me such as Ninja.  I click on it and every thing is fine.  Then I see that someone else has helped say CriCri.  I think yeah they found me, but when I go to my globe to visit them they are not there.  The same thing with presents and hotel invites.  I have had requests from people but I can't find them on any of my lists to request back.  What am I missing here?  Am I losing my mind?  I know that even though I turned off Facebook that several people still see my real name along with a pic of hubby and me instead of my gamecenter id duncansmom2 and my pic of Duncan.  I don't know why any of this is happening.  If you have visited or sent me a gift and I haven't returned the favor, I am sorry.  You have not shown up on my friends's list.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

XOXO!!!!
Deb
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:40:00 am by Duncansmom »

FrogPad

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: FrogPad
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:37 am »
Deb you are not losing your mind or maybe we all are since we have the same issues!  Some people in this game show up as two names, you are one of those.  CriCri is another, she shows up on the globe with the name of Lilou B.  Another person showing up that way is Bexatious who shows up as Rebecca G.  Taeles shows up as Paul T on the globe and when you get to his street it shows his full name, I think his isn't as confusing since he used Taeles as his middle name.

I don't know if all of these people are using both game center and Facebook.  It seems like that would be the case, however I'm guessing.  I don't know how you change it or fix it as I don't use Facebook.

I do think it is a flaw in the game that it will show me Duncansmom visits me yet when I try and find you I have to look for Debbie K.  Hopefully the developers see that as a flaw and can find a fix for it.  I know because of the communication we have on the forum we do a lot of helping each other along in our games and the name issues make that a bit more difficult.

Duncansmom

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:07 am »
I turned the game off for Facebook hoping to fix the problem, but so far I still have a split personality.  LOL!!  At least I know who CriCri is now!  Thanks!

Deb

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:56:28 am »
Just throwing out random suggestions:

Close Happy Street; make sure it's completely closed and not running with your recently used apps

-  Double-tap the home button
-  Tap and hold one of the icons in the App Tray until the icons start shaking
-  In the upper left-hand corner, tap the red circle of the Happy Street app

Then sign out of Game Center and FaceBook (I know you've already turned it off for Facebook).  Then while still signed out of both, go ahead and re-launch the Happy Street app.  It will play as if you are offline and not list your friends since it won't be able to sync up with GC and FB.  Once you've noticed no friends are showing, go ahead and close Happy Street again, kill it from your recent apps and then sign back into GC.  Then re-launch Happy Street, wait for the "Welcome back, Duncansmom2" and then check your friends list again.

Ninja12129

• "George Dubya's Daddy"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Game Center: ninja12129
  • Plus+: Ninja12129
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:40:12 am »
I think I might have an option for those that use Gamecenter but show up as 2 different names:

And this is the important step, your choice of "nickname", NOT your "registered" name with Gamecenter.

Hope this helps :)

Duncansmom

• Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 10:38:13 am »
Thanks for the advice ninja!  I double checked gamecenter my settings were correct there--nickname only.  I think Facebook is the cause.  I never play games via Facebook and I don't remember this game asking me if I wanted to.  It may have and I just messed up.  Anyway, I signed out of both and did a hard reboot.  Then I went back into the game made sure I was offline and reengaged gamecenter.  At least I am not alone with this problem.  And I know that as far as problems go this one is tame.

Thanks for the help! 

Let me know if I still have a split personality.  Could be kinda interesting!  LOL!!  Poor hubby!

TTFN!!!!M
Deb