Author Topic: iPhone 4/4S case suggestions?  (Read 1675 times)

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
iPhone 4/4S case suggestions?
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:20 pm »
So I've had my iPhone 4 for about year and half (it was handed down device from my mother-in-law).  And back when I got it I of course bought a case to keep it safe from any damage since I'd never be able to replace the screen or device.  So, I went for the best in protection of iPhone cases and got myself an Otterbox.  Well, the case has done me well and has served it's purpose though I've never actually dropped it or caused any harm to it.  But now it's starting to loosen and become visually unattractive...to me.  So I'm in the market for buying a new case; something protective, but more so, something nice looking. 

I've been looking at some Marware cases since that's the brand I have for my iPad 2.  They're really nice, but the cost for some are a little high and I'm looking for something just a teeny tiny tad bit cheaper.  But...if the case is worth it, I'd be willing to spend a little extra to get it of course.  I've also looked at some Monoprice cases; they're cheap (and I mean cheap) and have read reviews and watched a review on the one I like, but would like something a little more "attractive".  (*for those that aren't aware of Monoprice, they are your only place to buy your cables; mainly the HDMI cables since they are so cheap, but incomparable great quality)

So any suggestions? 

My choices so far, but not 100% on settling with any of these and open to recommendations:

Monoprice
Marware
Case-Mate
LifeProof (but that's out of the question because that's too rich for my blood to spend on a case; $79.99)

jjfatcat

• "Super Golden Shower Freak"
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Air
Re: iPhone 4/4S case suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:42:49 pm »
When I upgraded my 3GS to the 5 I went on a mad search for a case so when it came, my precious would be protected. At the time, I got a case from Zoogue. They periodically have promos to offer the cases just for the cost of shipping. And the regular price is not expensive compared to a lot of the other options out there. Phone cases are like jewelry to me, except not as sparkly (unless you actually get one with crystals and stuff on it).

Here's a link for their 4/4S cases:
http://www.zoogue.com/iphone-4-4s-social-case-pro/

Supernauts, Word Chums

senorvandal

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4
  • Game Center: Senorvandal
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:04:06 am »
Bankai, are you looking at getting a hard case made out of metal for example or will a silicone case that offers less protection but is more comfortable to hold/carry etc. work? I don't really have too much experience with hard cases, but i have a ton of silicone cases that i pick up when they're cheap and use to change out my phone's look on a regular basis.

I bought alot of silicone cases at Strapya-world and/or their Amazon affiliate. The site's a little busy, but their silicone cases are of good quality. You can't go wrong with the Silicone Block (Lego) Cases:

http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/6034_6035_6736.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A1BYPENOKEZG2K

Also there's these guys on ebay. They've got a slightly different type of Lego case that actually comes with "pieces" you can move around. This is actually great for wrapping your earbuds around if you use those. Outside of that though they have a ton of other cases including hard cases. I'm sure alot of these might be name brand that never made it completely off the assembly line heh. My only gripes with these guys is that shipping takes quite a long time (2-3 weeks possibly more) and their packaging can leave a lot to be desired. If it's just a silicone case though it'll be fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Brick-Block-Rubber-Silicone-Skin-Soft-Back-Case-Cover-for-Apple-iPhone-4-G-4S-/300743527183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&var=&hash=item4605b60b0f

Lastly my friend swears by cases from Magpul. They mainly make gun accessories and add/ons. He says his case offers just the right amount of protection but isn't too heavy and cumbersome.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=magpul+iphone+4+case&sprefix=magpul+iphone%2Caps%2C311

Hope that helps.

Happy Street - Blue Crystals

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
    • Galleries for M-F Photo Challenges:)
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: zombellayaya
  • Plus+: zombellayaya
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:20:13 pm »
Bankai, when I had my iPhone 4, I kept it in the Otterbox Defender case until I decided I was tired of it (opting for a case/wallet combo). Let me tell you, I had SO MUCH TROUBLE with every other case I tried on that particular iPhone because the screen was so sensitive that I faced-dialed other people/countries (routinely) while in the middle of a phone conversation. In the end, I had to keep it on speaker every time I wanted to talk.

My hubby got an IPhone 4 and has the same trouble with his. When he put it in my old Otterbox, and the problem went away.

Not everyone has this issue w/IPhone 4, but it's worth trying yours without a case just to make sure.

Personally, after getting my 4S last Fall, I opted for a battery case. I love it! It's so thin that it looks and feels like a regular case, but it adds about a day's worth of battery life. Plus, since iPhone 5 was out, I was able to find a really good deal for 4S cases :)

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:27:14 pm by zombellayaya »

iMaiden

• Epic Ruler
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: imaidenphone
  • Plus+: iMaiden
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:59:13 pm »
A word of caution if buying one of the battery cases on eBay. My brother bought the Mophie case locally and paid a lot of $ for it (instant gratification and all). He liked it so much that he decided to buy one for his gf on eBay. A few months later the case from eBay started overheating. He contacted Mophie and sent the case in for repair or exchange. When they got it he was told that the case hat he purchased was counterfeit. Mophie was really cool about it though and sent him a new case anyway.
Goodbye We Rule!

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:19:14 pm »
That's great PR from Mophie! Cool companies are hard to come by.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 05:46:56 pm »
Thank you all for the suggestions so far and look forward to any other ideas/suggestions.  I'm not looking for anything too flashy, but something simple yet stylish.  But I'm also looking for something that's going to give it some protection as well. 

I'm still kind of gravitating towards these Marware cases...but I guess I'm just biased towards them since my iPad 2 case is a Marware (this one to be exact).

http://www.marware.com/eclipse-iphone-4s-case

http://www.marware.com/doubletake-iphone-4s-case?sc=44&category=27519