Author Topic: Website Suggestions  (Read 15441 times)

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Website Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:26 am »
Thanks, Ava. Guess I coulda-shoulda looked that up myself.

Have never used Tapatalk but saw it mentioned rather favorably in another forum I was reading recently. Saw that it was briefly discussed, then dismissed, here a couple of months ago. Was kinda wondering if there were any reasons for its dismissal other than the estimation that the majority of forum members would not use it. Personally, I would be very willing to try another interface as things - especially buttons, links and the posting/messaging interface - get a little clunky and/or over-sensitive at times from an iPhone.
Having a conversation with Plehk is "tortuous"* - ukhippo

*Or something to that effect. ;)

Currently playing Supernauts (on the "Mojo-Farm" crew)

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 10:50:30 am »
One thing to mention for the tapatalk route.  There is another forum I visit on my iPad on occasion and have grown very tired of dismissing the "The forum supports tapatalk.  Check out the app in the AppStore." dialog when I want to check their Wednesday update thread.  (Technically speaking, I dismiss it twice.  Once when opening the site another when I actually attempt to open any sections to see the threads in that section.  The site mentioned is the DungeonDefenders forum if you are curious.)  While tapatalk needs to drum up $$ for giving more forums the basic features, it does get really annoying to dismiss the upsell dialog box every time I visit.  It may be related to the fact I clear my history and cookies regularly on my iPad so I probably share some of the blame. 

Seeing that I usually visit MF via a PC, enabling tapatalk would not affect me that much.  However, the folks that use an iDevice to surf the forums may get annoyed buy tapatalk's repeated sales pitch. 
My $0.02

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:27 am »
Good point, wilyone. That WOULD be very irritating. Thanks for the input.

one337

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mojo-Farm
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 07:45:11 am »
One thing to mention for the tapatalk route.  There is another forum I visit on my iPad on occasion and have grown very tired of dismissing the "The forum supports tapatalk. 

That is really the reason I don't want to install it.

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:15 am »
One thing to mention for the tapatalk route.  There is another forum I visit on my iPad on occasion and have grown very tired of dismissing the "The forum supports tapatalk. 

That is really the reason I don't want to install it.

Okay.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »
Can we change the iOS Games section to iOS/Android Games? Or "Games for iOS and Android"? It doesn't really make sense for the cross-platform games to be in the iOS Games section and the Android-only ones to be in off-topic.

Also, are sub-forums a possibility? It seems like some of the games (like Dragonvale) get discussed so much that they warrant a section of their own.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »
Can we change the iOS Games section to iOS/Android Games? Or "Games for iOS and Android"? It doesn't really make sense for the cross-platform games to be in the iOS Games section and the Android-only ones to be in off-topic.

Also, are sub-forums a possibility? It seems like some of the games (like Dragonvale) get discussed so much that they warrant a section of their own.

Let me check with Alex and I will make the change if he is okay with it...  ;)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 05:47:59 pm »
Let me check with Alex and I will make the change if he is okay with it...  ;)

Thanks B.  :)

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 07:57:48 pm »
Almost seems like there should be an "iPad Only" forum, too.  :'(

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 11:50:05 am »
Well, I definitely like the TV sub-forum, that's a nice way to keep those threads all together.

I'm not sure that dividing the games forum into iOS and Android is a good idea, though, because so many games are cross-platform. There are even games that are mobile, desktop, and console.

My original thought was that there should be sub-forums for specific games if there is a lot of discussion on them. Right now that would include Dragonvale, and it looks like the The Tribez thread is getting a lot of action and probably will be for a while.

I suppose maybe it could just be something like this:

We Rule
  • We Rule General
  • Find Friends
  • Guides, Info & Links
  • Problems & Bugs
  • Events

Games
  • Dragonvale
  • The Tribez
  • Other Games

Other
  • TV & Movies
  • Off Topic

If you do decide to make separate forums for Dragonvale and The Tribez, I suggest locking the original thread and placing it as a sticky so that discussion doesn't get lost.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »
I went ahead and created a child board for DV within the iOS Games (still debating whether to make one for Tribez yet...).  But I think keeping the original DV thread open will be better for normal discussion and what not.  And then if someone wants to start other threads discussing GameCenter adds, DV teams, etc....that's ok.

We'll see how things go and progress in other games, Tribez does seem popular...and probably Rule the Kingdom will be too.  But again, let's see how it goes and I will handle it when the times comes.

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »
I went ahead and created a child board for DV within the iOS Games (still debating whether to make one for Tribez yet...).  But I think keeping the original DV thread open will be better for normal discussion and what not.  And then if someone wants to start other threads discussing GameCenter adds, DV teams, etc....that's ok.

We'll see how things go and progress in other games, Tribez does seem popular...and probably Rule the Kingdom will be too.  But again, let's see how it goes and I will handle it when the times comes.

Thanks Bankai. :)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
Child board of child board = bad. Digging down through the levels is getting to be kind of a pain. Can we please move Games up to its own subsection so we can see the Tribez and DragonVale forums listed on the front page?

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:48 pm »
Can the "News" headline on the main page be made a consistent depth or number of lines (even if only with carriage returns)? As it is, when it toggles back and forth between News headlines of different depths/line lengths, the rest of the page shifts up and down. Not only is the look distracting (a minor issue) but, more importantly, the down-page links -- and their respective hotspots -- "jump" up and down, making them harder to hit and sometimes causing mis-clicks.

(Have some pity on this oldster, eh? Didn't think the forum itself was going to be a twitchy reaction game!  ;)  )

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 12:29:29 pm »
Can the "News" headline on the main page be made a consistent depth or number of lines (even if only with carriage returns)? As it is, when it toggles back and forth between News headlines of different depths/line lengths, the rest of the page shifts up and down. Not only is the look distracting (a minor issue) but, more importantly, the down-page links -- and their respective hotspots -- "jump" up and down, making them harder to hit and sometimes causing mis-clicks.

(Have some pity on this oldster, eh? Didn't think the forum itself was going to be a twitchy reaction game!  ;)  )

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

No problem, understood.  How's it look/working now for you?