Author Topic: Website Suggestions  (Read 14456 times)

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Android username: tuathla
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: hivechild
  • Plus+: hivechild
Re: Website Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »
Can we get some spoiler tag bbcode, please? :)
Spoiler code added

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yes, it works  :P

Any news on app support yet, or are you still working out the kinks?

I had a look at tapatalk but you have to pay to download the app so it really restricts how many people would actually use it. I also think that the forum runs well on iOS and is very usable.

<3 Thank you!
Please PM me before sending a request through GC or Android so I know who you are! Thanks. :)
 "Puddy cat, puddy cat, what do you hear, to cause that irrational twitch of your ear?" 
"I hear the lullaby Mother cat croons, to the play-weary kittens on Jupiter's moon."

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »
I had a look at tapatalk but you have to pay to download the app so it really restricts how many people would actually use it. I also think that the forum runs well on iOS and is very usable.

They used to have a free version on Android but I guess they've done away with it now. I have the paid version on Android and use it quite frequently for a few forums I use. It makes it a lot easier for quick browsing on the go.
Please PM me before sending a request through GC or Android so I know who you are! Thanks. :)
 "Puddy cat, puddy cat, what do you hear, to cause that irrational twitch of your ear?" 
"I hear the lullaby Mother cat croons, to the play-weary kittens on Jupiter's moon."

itslivo

• Sorcerer
    • View Profile
    • iRevival - Affordable iPhone, iPod & iPad Repair
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: itslivo
  • Plus+: itslivo, itsalsolivo
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:53 pm »

They used to have a free version on Android but I guess they've done away with it now. I have the paid version on Android and use it quite frequently for a few forums I use. It makes it a lot easier for quick browsing on the go.

I have it on iOS and I like it as well. Much easier to read and respond than going through Safari. The forum runs great on the iPad, the iPhone's screen is just so tiny you are constantly zooming in and out trying to click the right link.
Currently Playing: Clash of Clans

Gamecenter IDs (yes, 2 of them) :itslivo & iRevivalRepairs

Confuzed1

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Confuzed1
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 09:35:33 am »
Many of us in the old forum adopted the signature image style that I have currently, but it doesn't quite fit here.

Is it possible to make an adjustment, or does it need to be trimmed?

I'd like to update my image, but I'm hesitant to do so.

Monster Masher
Thanks for the help!  :)

Dragonflygirl25

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Dragonflyfairygirl
  • Plus+: Dragonflygirl25
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:33 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks again One337 for all the work you've done and for really caring about what makes everyone happy - you're awesome. :)
~Janet~ 

* please PM me before sending a friend request:)

NineNines

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: NineNines
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 06:27:31 am »
Many of us in the old forum adopted the signature image style that I have currently, but it doesn't quite fit here.

Is it possible to make an adjustment, or does it need to be trimmed?

I'd like to update my image, but I'm hesitant to do so.

Sorry, Confuzed, just saw this.  What is it about your current sig that you don't feel fits here on the new forum?  I think it looks great!  I've always loved the cycling images in your sig.  (Or have you already adjusted it?)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:29:29 am by NineNines »
Plus+ ID: NineNines(L70)
Also my gf, ScoobyRule(L69)

r0u

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4
  • Plus+: r0u
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 07:35:29 am »
Hello,

Why not create a "New content" forum section to archive the old new content threads, like events section for the old events related threads ?

dlorgere

• “Mr. Mom”
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: dlorgere
  • Plus+: dlorgere
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 11:04:35 am »
Hello,

Why not create a "New content" forum section to archive the old new content threads, like events section for the old events related threads ?

Thanks for the suggestion.  As of now we have some past new content info posted in the guides and info section.  http://mojo-farm.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0. We plan on moving the rest over soon. 

hivechild

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:31 am »
Could we get some kind of tag/mention username bbcode?

It would be nice to get some notification when you get mentioned in a post, especially threads like the Dragonvale one which moves at a fairly swift pace!

Dgchang

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: Dgchang
  • Plus+: Dgchang
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28:00 am »

It would be nice to get some notification when you get mentioned in a post, especially threads like the Dragonvale one which moves at a fairly swift pace!

Ooooo... That would be awesome! +1

Speaking of DragonVale though, would it be possible to add an Optionable "GameCenter ID" field below PlusID or the location areas? I know that this forum is primarily for WR chatter and organization, but I do believe that WR maybe one of many games our average users play, and having a distinct and easy to find method to connect with other players while we are not currently making over our kingdoms or caught up in an event frenzy would be a nice feature to have. :)
Now playing The Tribez! Friend code: o4f6e7

zombellayaya

• “Dedicated MoFart”
    • View Profile
    • Galleries for M-F Photo Challenges:)
  • Device: iPad 3
  • Game Center: zombellayaya
  • Plus+: zombellayaya
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 05:59:31 pm »

My vote's for this idea too!

Also, it would be great to have a How-To section where all tips and tricks can be looked up. Like QiQi has a post "How To" that includes an answer that is extremely helpful for those us who are just learning BBcode, etc
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:21:10 pm by zombellayaya »

Bankai44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Android username: bankai
  • Device: iPhone 5
  • Game Center: Bankai44
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:50 am »

Speaking of DragonVale though, would it be possible to add an Optionable "GameCenter ID" field below PlusID or the location areas? I know that this forum is primarily for WR chatter and organization, but I do believe that WR maybe one of many games our average users play, and having a distinct and easy to find method to connect with other players while we are not currently making over our kingdoms or caught up in an event frenzy would be a nice feature to have. :)

Added the additional field for GameCenter ID.  ;)

Dgchang

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: Dgchang
  • Plus+: Dgchang
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »

Added the additional field for GameCenter ID.  ;)

Sweet! All hail our new Admin!
Now playing The Tribez! Friend code: o4f6e7

Plehk

• Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

I have it on iOS and I like it as well. Much easier to read and respond than going through Safari. The forum runs great on the iPad, the iPhone's screen is just so tiny you are constantly zooming in and out trying to click the right link.

Would enabling Tapatalk (or similar apps) cost this board anything or change the experience of Safari users?
Having a conversation with Plehk is "tortuous"* - ukhippo

*Or something to that effect. ;)

Currently playing Supernauts (on the "Mojo-Farm" crew)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 09:54:14 am »
Would enabling Tapatalk (or similar apps) cost this board anything or change the experience of Safari users?

Tapatalk pricing: http://www.tapatalk.com/pricing.php

So the basic level is free.

I've been on other forums that offered Tapatalk, and there was no evidence of it when accessing the forum from a regular browser. It just offers a different, more phone/tablet-centered way to access a forum, through the Tapatalk app.