Author Topic: Pocket Frogs  (Read 51614 times)

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: ballookey
  • Plus+: ballookey
Re: Pocket Frogs
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 06:49:10 pm »
Congrats ballookey!  :D

Thanks Ava - I was able to do it much more quickly by following your example. Instead of waiting for the frogs to mature, I started selling them off as eggs and breeding as many combos as possible when I had a few moments to play. I used all the rest of my habitats (maxed out) to breed cash crops of frogs, only switching up colors on them so that they helped to round out the froggydex.

I now know from experience though, that around the Serpentis level, selling the eggs gets too expensive to be made up by just raising cash crop frogs. I was able to complete that round, but I lost about 200,000 coins during that breeding session, so I went back to the lower level frogs.
Insta & Twitter: @ballookey

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2011, 07:02:48 pm »
I now know from experience though, that around the Serpentis level, selling the eggs gets too expensive to be made up by just raising cash crop frogs. I was able to complete that round, but I lost about 200,000 coins during that breeding session, so I went back to the lower level frogs.

Good to know. I've been so lazy in Pocket Frogs lately, just doing the sets and the occasional request. I keep meaning to go back and start Froggydex-filling breeding again, but I just never get around to it.

MichleeinOC

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad mini
  • Game Center: *MichleeinOC*
  • Plus+: MichleeinOC
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2011, 02:13:02 am »
Hi everyone,

I just started playing-totally confused, but I'm figuring out breeding and selling at least. Long way to go on the sets! Anyway, when you race, do you have to do anything? Like tap the screen? Or do you just let it go onit's own?
Michele
Hay Day lvl 43
Township lvl 30
Plus ID: MichleeinOC
Game Center ID: *MichleeinOC*

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2011, 09:40:10 am »
Hi everyone,

I just started playing-totally confused, but I'm figuring out breeding and selling at least. Long way to go on the sets! Anyway, when you race, do you have to do anything? Like tap the screen? Or do you just let it go onit's own?

They go on their own, but I can't resist tapping the screen as if I were urging them on. ;)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24:47 am »
Hi everyone,

They go on their own, but I can't resist tapping the screen as if I were urging them on. ;)

But do make sure your frog is 100% happy when you start, as that gives them more endurance. :)

MichleeinOC

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad mini
  • Game Center: *MichleeinOC*
  • Plus+: MichleeinOC
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

But do make sure your frog is 100% happy when you start, as that gives them more endurance. :)

Thanks. At least I know I can let them race-I really did think I had to tap!
Michele
Hay Day lvl 43
Township lvl 30
Plus ID: MichleeinOC
Game Center ID: *MichleeinOC*

Lotusthreads

• Tailor
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Lotusthreads
  • Plus+: Lotusthreads
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 02:16:26 pm »
Just started on pocket frogs as well. Thanks for all the advice, it will definitely give me some focus to my efforts

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Rumplstinaskin
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »
I love these cute little things hopping around!

My problem is they are so darn cute i HATE selling them. LOL

That and i find a new interesting one and breed it and then forget what i was doing with the species i was working on before.

:o
Rumplstinaskin & Neoshift98
MAIN REALMERS

Lotusthreads

• Tailor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »
I am currently at level 6 and I have a questions about the best strategy for using the catalogue. Is it best to use it for anuras or for the any higher level frogs that I have. I have seen conflicting advice about it, and I am not sure what would work best for me.

I have also just started to  breed my first chromas, they are soooo pretty! I was also wondering if someone could send me a glass chroma Anura, as someone mentioned earlier that it was a lot easier to be gifted one than to try and breed it yourself.

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 04:06:43 pm »
I am currently at level 6 and I have a questions about the best strategy for using the catalogue. Is it best to use it for anuras or for the any higher level frogs that I have. I have seen conflicting advice about it, and I am not sure what would work best for me.

I have also just started to  breed my first chromas, they are soooo pretty! I was also wondering if someone could send me a glass chroma Anura, as someone mentioned earlier that it was a lot easier to be gifted one than to try and breed it yourself.

I sent you a glass chroma anura just now - good luck with that.

I found when first starting that it's a bit expensive getting frogs out of the catalog or froggydex, so I maintained one frog of each pattern in my habitats. I just collected them as I came across them and ruthlessly sold off duplicate patterns when space was at a premium. Eventually, as I leveled up and coin was more available along with more space, I made sure to put one of each pattern in my catalog. At Ava's suggestion, I used anuras to breed a complete color set for the froggydex - it seems daunting, but it really is the easiest way to have access to any color any time. The anuras are so cheap, even to buy a clone from the froggydex, that's the way to go for your colors. I definitely recommend breeding one full set of colors in anura as soon as is feasible for you.

So now, if I need to breed a specific frog, I buy the pattern from the catalog and buy the desired color anura from the froggydex. Then I breed them together until I get the desired result.

Lotusthreads

• Tailor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »
Thanks for that , i really appreciate it. I wasn't sure whether to try going for the awards first or concentrate on breeding the Anura colors first. I think I will try to breed a complete set of a particular colour first In between trying for an award.

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 04:21:40 pm »
Thanks for that , i really appreciate it. I wasn't sure whether to try going for the awards first or concentrate on breeding the Anura colors first. I think I will try to breed a complete set of a particular colour first In between trying for an award.

The awards are a good way to get busy with the frogs. That said, many of the awards are much much easier once you have a complete set of anuras. And you will achieve some of the awards without even trying when you work on the complete color set of anuras. And as you said, if you get sick of breeding anuras, you can target another award. Or if you see a request for a frog you can make, you can work on that.

EvilMummy

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 06:42:42 am »
And go ahead and decline any request that is for a frog too high for you - the requests are another good way to get your coin stock higher as well as potions and stamps.

Hawaii18

• Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: Deehawaii18
  • Plus+: Hawaii18
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:19 pm »
Hi,

I'm doing the Ring Tones set and have been looking for a gyrus. Does someone have one that is willing to trade pretty please?! I'd appreciate it.

Thanks 😊

EvilMummy

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 08:04:10 am »
Hi,

I'm doing the Ring Tones set and have been looking for a gyrus. Does someone have one that is willing to trade pretty please?! I'd appreciate it.

Thanks 😊

Sent, nothing needed ;)