Author Topic: Pocket Frogs  (Read 51613 times)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Frogs
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:54 pm »
I wish for weekly sets, they'd alternate between high and low level frogs. My mom and nieces are still at lower levels, and can't do most of the weekly sets even if I give them seed frogs because they can't breed above their current level. :(

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 4S
  • Game Center: ballookey
  • Plus+: ballookey
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 01:36:17 pm »
I wish for weekly sets, they'd alternate between high and low level frogs. My mom and nieces are still at lower levels, and can't do most of the weekly sets even if I give them seed frogs because they can't breed above their current level. :(

I can say first hand that is frustrating. I sat on my first weekly set assignment for ages because it required a bunch of insero and one anura. I didn't want to skip it, so I just let it sit there until I finally got and could breed insero.

Stupid avocado and pit. ;)
Insta & Twitter: @ballookey

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Plus+: Rumplstinaskin
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »
I must really be getting bored with WR.... i downloaded pocket frogs 

LOL

Add me!!

Rumplstinaskin & Neoshift98
MAIN REALMERS

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 02:49:31 pm »
I have no idea what the heck im doing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
MAIN REALMERS

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:31 pm »
I have no idea what the heck im doing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sits Rumpl down...

Okay, when a man frog and a woman really love each other...  :D

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 06:11:37 am »
I can't get into pocket frogs it's telling me bad gateway :(
MAIN REALMERS

EvilMummy

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 06:14:03 am »
Rump, it may be an issue with Plus+  Same problem happening with We Rule.  You can play pocket frogs offline, so you may want to turn off your wifi / edge for a bit to do so.

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:36 am »
So i dont know what im doing. i am breeding all kinds of frogs but dont know what method of madness is going on. I keep running out of room so i just have to sell frogs that i really wanted to breed other frogs with.

grrrrr

they are such cute critters hoping around the pond  ;D
MAIN REALMERS

EvilMummy

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 09:04:45 am »
Okay, quick tutorial

Breed and Sell frogs.
Look at the achievements - get extra XP for doing those achievements
You can get new species by hopping in the pond  and jumping on presents, or hopping a tamed frog on a species that you do not have - 50% chance of the new species being one that you breed.
Hopping frogs to maturity gives more XP
The higher the level of the frog, the more coins and more XP
You can buy more habitats as you level up

Sorry, super quick getting started.

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 09:21:25 am »
So i dont know what im doing. i am breeding all kinds of frogs but dont know what method of madness is going on. I keep running out of room so i just have to sell frogs that i really wanted to breed other frogs with.

I had that conundrum when I first started. Don't sweat it. All the frogs that you think are great now are going to seem really common in a short time. As you advance and encounter new breeds, they'll be added to your FroggyDex automatically, so even though it's expensive, you can always access any frog you've ever had there. And you'll come across the common breeds plenty, so you'll have plenty of chances to play with them.

Just enjoy it, work on the achievements, and get the feel of how many breeds there are and their rarity. At this early stage, there are no lost opportunities. ;)

I can't believe how precious I was about the first white frog I got. I was like, Ooooh you're so pretty - I can't sell you! It was a white anura. SOOOOO common.

Rumplstinaskin

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 09:34:01 am »
LOl Thanks!

Thats how i feel about these pretty color changing ones! Im like oooooooooooooo!
MAIN REALMERS

EvilMummy

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 08:50:58 am »
Starting on the Nasus 100%.  My daughter is going to give me a very hard time about selling the Roboris if I do that next (as it is in the froggydex).  At 32% and 6080 frogs.

BTW, have you seen the new set this week - pretty :)

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »
I'm actually looking forward to the Nasus - lots of interesting color combos possible. I'm partial to the Black (anything) Nasus.

I haven't had as much time as I thought this holiday to work on frogs, but I'm still nibbling away at my Froggydexter 5000 achievement while cooking yesterday and gardening today. Currently at 24% and 4,538 frogs. I'm hoping I hit 5000 by the end of the weekend.

Of course I owe you a big debt of gratitude, EvilMummy, for generously passing me Ludo and Partiri frogs that helped me build my breeding sets!

100%:
Anura, Crustalli, Velatus, Clunicula, Marmorea, Puncti, Ludo, Partiri, and Serpentis.

Working on: Tribus and building a breeding set for Glacio as I retire the Tribus breeders. (skipping Lanterna at all costs because I do not like them)

Meanwhile I've been injecting colors from my breeding sets into my cash crops, so my Signum and Magus frogs are doing pretty decently. I'm at 20% on Magus.

Also I finally found a use for the FrogMart - at least in the short term. My cash crops are serving me well, so I buy any frogs from the FrogMart that I don't already have in my froggydex and I breed one or two habitats of them each day with each other. It's not a big source of froggydex entries, but by doing that I can add up to 16 new entries in the 'dex per day with very little effort.

ETA: Ooh, I just checked on the set, and yes, it's really lovely! It almost smells of autumn spices. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:34:48 pm by ballookey »

ballookey

• “Dork Wizard”
  • Resident Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 11:36:33 am »
Yay, I made it to 5000 frogs this morning while I was completing my glacios. Now I can go back to working on sets and making more leisurely progress on 100%s. Boy are my thumbs tired! ;)

Ava Glasgow

• "Tastes like guava"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 01:02:55 pm »
Congrats ballookey!  :D