Author Topic: PC : Diablo 3  (Read 6139 times)

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
  • Game Center: taeles
Re: PC : Diablo 3
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »
I got some play time in this morning at work and then bout an hour at home before bed, damn fine game. Internet connection issues aside, this game is a spot on bug free experience with alot more depth than I was expecting. Coming as a continuation of the diablo series I was expecting much button mashing and pretty enviroments but apparently there is a crafting system, full achievements, enviroments are fully interactive, full voice over everywhere, fast loading, random encounters.... its awesome :)

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 10:36:18 am »
I hope you take your time to savor it unlike these folks.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/somebody-finished-diablo-3-in-12-hours/

If I manage to get more free time (and I'll have to post a picture of what keeps me from having more free time aside from any work that goes home with me) I mostly likely will snag a copy.  Although, I'm wondering if I can snag a discounted CE if I wait long enough.  ;D

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:06 am »
I hope you take your time to savor it unlike these folks.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/somebody-finished-diablo-3-in-12-hours/

If I manage to get more free time (and I'll have to post a picture of what keeps me from having more free time aside from any work that goes home with me) I mostly likely will snag a copy.  Although, I'm wondering if I can snag a discounted CE if I wait long enough.  ;D

yea... no way. i take my time :)

and i thought about getting the ce but the little diablo skull thingie would just look weak compared to the statue that came with the skyrim ce :P

wilyone

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad Pro 12.9
  • Game Center: wilyone
  • Plus+: WilyOne
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »
and i thought about getting the ce but the little diablo skull thingie would just look weak compared to the statue that came with the skyrim ce :P
Ah well good thing D3 doesn't have Skyrim envy then eh?   ::)

I'm not sure I could find space for Skyrim's statue should I purchase the CE.  The weak little skull on the other hand could rest easily somewhere.  Getting Lord of Destruction as part of the deal doesn't hurt.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »
Leah : Being in these woods brings back many memories.
Templar Follower : Yes, I to enjoy exploring strange lands while smashing evil beings.
Leah : I was talking about good memories.
Templar Follower : As was I.

My main character, a hunter made it to act 4 which takes place in heaven as diablo kicks down the front doors and face punches alot of angels. Cool stuff. Everything up there one hit kills me so I have to be real careful with my trap and turret usage. I have a witch doctor and mage rolled up, mage is a bit boring, witch doctor is funny. Neither have made it 1/4 through act 1. I also have a barbarian that I am enjoying alot, almost finished with act 1 on him. I'm building him up as a massive tank and have the templar follower fully spec'd for healing. Very good combination even though mister holier than thou templar does tend to go in on end at times, to the point where my barbarian often 'politely' tells him to hush and focus on the smiting.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 01:48:52 am »

Name, Taeles; Class, Demon Hunter
Normal Difficulty Beaten; Time : 33hrs, 10minutes

Nightmare Difficulty, engaged :P

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 03:26:49 am »
My Hunter : Did you have many friends in the order?
Templar Follower : We are brothers, its a stronger bond than mere friendship.
My Hunter : Ahh, so you didn't have any friends, then.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 04:00:49 am »
Diablo 3, Nightmare difficulty conquered! Time? Lots. I couldnt bring diablo down solo, ended up joining a public game where I spent an hour or so watching korean words in chat. I let them know I was alive by doing a :) every once in awhile.

What ever works, right?

Aeschylus

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Aganazzar
  • Plus+: Aganazzar
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 06:39:33 am »
I have a L57 Wizard about halfway through Act II on Hell.

Truth be told, I am mostly underwhelmed with the game.  Normal was way too easy.  I really think that Nightmare in D3 is equivalent to Normal in D2; this is what the game should have been. Instead of Inferno mode being some new harder level, I really think they just reduced the difficulty on Normal in order to appeal broader to the masses. After all, these were the same guys that said the skill tree in D2 was too complicated for some people  ::).

Nightmare is a definite step up from Normal, but still not extremely hard; however, the chance of death is there. Unlike Normal, where I could just jump into packs of mobs indiscriminately without a concern, if you do that on Nightmare, you will die. That being said, it is not so much the yard trash or the bosses that seem to be much more difficult, but rather the sets of 3 - 4 blue mobs and / or the yellow rare named mobs that are the killers. Get a blue set of mobs with Wall + Lightning Imbued and you could be in trouble real quick.

In Hell, it is the same story as Nightmare, except there are, quite literally, unkillable packs of elites / champion mobs depending on the roll of imbued effects you get.  Some combinations are easier for some classes to kill (i.e., classes that can kite and kill from a distance), and some are damn near impossible to overcome.  It really comes down to the roll of the dice as to what you get on any given pack.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:55 pm »
I have a L57 Wizard about halfway through Act II on Hell.

Truth be told, I am mostly underwhelmed with the game.  Normal was way too easy.  I really think that Nightmare in D3 is equivalent to Normal in D2; this is what the game should have been. Instead of Inferno mode being some new harder level, I really think they just reduced the difficulty on Normal in order to appeal broader to the masses. After all, these were the same guys that said the skill tree in D2 was too complicated for some people  ::).

Nightmare is a definite step up from Normal, but still not extremely hard; however, the chance of death is there. Unlike Normal, where I could just jump into packs of mobs indiscriminately without a concern, if you do that on Nightmare, you will die. That being said, it is not so much the yard trash or the bosses that seem to be much more difficult, but rather the sets of 3 - 4 blue mobs and / or the yellow rare named mobs that are the killers. Get a blue set of mobs with Wall + Lightning Imbued and you could be in trouble real quick.

In Hell, it is the same story as Nightmare, except there are, quite literally, unkillable packs of elites / champion mobs depending on the roll of imbued effects you get.  Some combinations are easier for some classes to kill (i.e., classes that can kite and kill from a distance), and some are damn near impossible to overcome.  It really comes down to the roll of the dice as to what you get on any given pack.

Yep, some serious balance issues in this game right now. Two of the games class can facestomp the entire game solo, the other three get one hit killed by damn near anything they encounter and the random combination of abilities on blue/yellow elite groups is absolutely horrible. Example of how horrible the random ability mechanic is? Over on diablo 3's forums theres discussions in the hunter board about which groups you engage and which groups you lead away from the main trail and die so you can run past them when you revive.

I got tired of dieing, im proud of myself -pat on back- for making it to hell difficulty act 2 so im going to retire from d3 for awhile. See what they do about it.
-romphs back over to skyrim teehee!-

Aeschylus

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPad 2
  • Game Center: Aganazzar
  • Plus+: Aganazzar
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 03:07:52 am »

Yep, some serious balance issues in this game right now. Two of the games class can facestomp the entire game solo, the other three get one hit killed by damn near anything they encounter and the random combination of abilities on blue/yellow elite groups is absolutely horrible. Example of how horrible the random ability mechanic is? Over on diablo 3's forums theres discussions in the hunter board about which groups you engage and which groups you lead away from the main trail and die so you can run past them when you revive.

I have had to exit out of the game a couple times just to reset a pack of mobs I could not get around, so I feel that pain. 

There has been some discussion about some of these effects getting retuned (or the mechanics of how they work getting adjusted), but I do not see that being as a high a priority for them as getting their precious cash-printing AH to work properly.

The AH is, simultaneously, the best and the worst thing about D3.  In some ways, it has done irrevocable harm to the game (and perhaps the genre, in general).

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 03:22:04 am »
-blows dust off thread-

Been playing again for about a week. I noticed 1.07 update hit and figured 8+ months might be enough time for bliz to of balanced enemy issues abit as well as higher difficulty levels, coin drops, repair bills, etc. And what do I think so far?

They fixed a whole lot.

The game still and will probably always require an online connection to play but enemy groups a abit more spread out, repair bills slashed nicely, the random factor of elite special abilities has been streamed to no longer generate the 'insta kill' combinations d3 was infamous for at release, all in all I get a warm fuzzy feeling now playing this and Mrs Taeles and I have begun playing together quite abit.

My characters:
Taeles, 56 Demon Hunter, Hell Difficulty, Act 1
Persae, 29 Wizard, Normal Difficulty, Act 1 (only play this one when grouping with the wifey)

Also have a low level monk and witch doctor. As for the barbarian?

Stubs, 6 Barbarian, Normal Difficulty, Act 1... Hardcore. Yep, my second run on a hardcore character :) First was a demon hunter who died to a very lethal random ability combo on an elite group, was level 16 or so. Stubs is going nice... and slow heh.

Oh and D3 is coming to the ps3 and ps4 this winter.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 01:58:11 pm »

Mangoness

• Dark Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Access Entertainment
  • Device: iPad Air
  • Plus+: Mangoness
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:52 am »
My husband & I have been playing the Xbox version, and we really like it.  He's playing Demon Hunter & I'm a Monk.  When he's not around Ive been playing Barbarian, but I like my monk more.

I like the crafting part in this game, because it seems easier so far. I can't stand when crafting involves 5 billion items.

This is the first time either of us have played a Diablo game.

taeles

• “Sir Romphs-a-lot”
  • The Adults
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 11:07:22 am »
My husband & I have been playing the Xbox version, and we really like it.  He's playing Demon Hunter & I'm a Monk.  When he's not around Ive been playing Barbarian, but I like my monk more.

I like the crafting part in this game, because it seems easier so far. I can't stand when crafting involves 5 billion items.

This is the first time either of us have played a Diablo game.

Welcome to the fun house :)